Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: well yet another season is already a write-off!

Banned

well yet another season is already a write-off!

Just looked at me league and got a serious Tommy in my lvl 6 league.

YAY! I love playing for second place! He will go 25W-1D-0L. The draw will be vs me at home.

I have the third best Q in the league with 2 scouts.

40.4 <-- ME

Now I know he can lose, but it is not likely considering the quality in this league. I can handle the manager with 44.4Q and can give him a run, and that would be a challenge, but I did this before in Lvl 4 and its no fun.

I feel like Althetico Madrid in La Liga. With Real and Barca ahead of me and no chance at first.

I might actually tank this season, and build since I have many players at 3* and 4* still, with three 2* players.

Sucks when I have not even played a game yet and I have to do this.
    Last edited by cracicot; 06-04-2013 at 10:36 AM.

Dreamer
    So play for the CL, it's not necessarily a write-off you don't win the League. At least you probably have a better chance than me in the CL where I have 2 Tommys like the one you've shown.

Apprentice
    even if I play the way I used to do,I might end up not earning promotion [which is good since I wanted to tank this season] since I'm in the league consisting of 3 teams [token farmers/buyers] who have much better teams than mine and what better way to kickoff the season by facing one of them in your first match

Edit - Surprising start to my season,I drew 2-2 with a tough opponent....could of won if my winger and rightback would have scored atleast one from the total 4-5 chances that they had.
    Last edited by Jubran Afridi; 06-04-2013 at 11:41 AM.

Yeah, know how you feel, My Troll City team always gets drawn against scout buyers because that server is jacked with them all.
    Yinhung likes this.
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

Apprentice
    gutted for you.
    CoolioFC - Lvl 13, season 13.
    Squad ave: 75.5
    League Championships: 5 (1,3,6,7,8)
    Champions League:
    Cup: 1

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Narf View Post
    So play for the CL, it's not necessarily a write-off you don't win the League. At least you probably have a better chance than me in the CL where I have 2 Tommys like the one you've shown.
    I have to accept that there are more and more people who have no chance at winning so they decide to bite the bullet and spend money on tokens just to have a chance at winning.

I buy the occasional token, spend maybe $10 per season. I try to find bargains, I research my opponents and find ways to beat them, but some opponents are just full of money and scouts and it takes away the fun from the game. I work at getting a good team, these Tommys just buy one. Sure it is fun to buy and win(Real Madrid, Man city, PSG), but it is more fun to build and win (Liverpool). you all know the feeling when you beat someone with greater quality, but what is the feeling when you beat someone who is avg 20Q worse than your team? Look at the #1 in my league - he is avg 23Q better than the worst team. I will have a tough game vs the 2nd team and he is ONLY 4Q ahead of me!

Play for the cup or CL? Tommys there too. Lost to a Tommy in lvl 5 CL semi last week. 1-0 and 3-1 losses and he trounced the other team in the final 6-0 (I was 2nd highest Q team in the CL). The CL is not as fun as the league - you have league games EVERY day. It is the trophy everyone wants in the EPL. Barca only cared about the La Liga trophy so Real did not get it, otherwise they wanted the CL trophy. The Cup? who gives a ****. People care about the FA cup but really, its not a marathon, just a quick race. The league results show what kind of team you have because luck is slowly factored out over time. Cup and CL - get lucky or unlucky for one game and you are out.

I play for the league trophy and why bother logging in every day if you have nothing to play for? I finally passed the first round in the cup for the first time since lvl 2. he was Q43 vs me at 39Q at that time. 3-3 first leg away and 1-0 win for me at home. He was not happy. So I know I can compete with the 2nd team in my league, but when someone is 10Q ahead of you, and 23Q ahead of the worst team, it should be a cakewalk for #1.

What sucks is the aspect of losing. I hate that. I dont like not getting blue packs for winning. I dont like losing more morale when I lose. i dont like not being in the CL next season. I dont like losing fans.

BUT I do like building my players. Do they gain more skill progress when they win or is it the same if you lose?

Anyways, my point is, that there are more Tommys that I have seen before and I will not break the bank to compete. This game is not worth it for me. CL is better than the cup and that is not saying much.

Meh. Lets win a few and see how it goes. 26 games to decide if tanking is worth it.

Dreamer
    Why tanking? There will obviously be a hard battle for the 2nd place, but even the 4th promotes and qualifies you for next season's CL. Just do your best with your current squad and without spending anything (skill points included). Yes, it would be boring, but still better than tanking - you'll even have a realistic chance for winning the Cup next season.

Banned
    Why dont spend the skill points? built up skill points still count towards the teams quality no?

Καλησπερα δεν μπορω να δω τους αγωνες φιλων μου ουτε εκεινοι τους δικους μου ξερετε γιατι;;
    hi,i cant see the games of my fiends and my friends my games why??

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Γιώργος Σούκας View Post
    Καλησπερα δεν μπορω να δω τους αγωνες φιλων μου ουτε εκεινοι τους δικους μου ξερετε γιατι;;
    hi,i cant see the games of my fiends and my friends my games why??
    Wow, thread hi-jacker. Create your own, mate!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast