Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Negotiations

Negotiations

Hi guys and gals,

I've just moved up to level four which I was looking forward to as it opened up the "negotiations" feature for buying players. This feature is not really what I thought it would be in terms of how it works and I'm struggling to understand it. Sorry in advance for seeming like a dumbass but can anyone point me to a thread that explains how it works please? I have placed bids for players and have gone over the market value and also added some extra tokens but I never seem to get the player....but no one else buys him either and I'm free to bid again. I have even made better secondary offers for a couple of players that I really wanted and still never got them. Please help.

Thanks, Weetam

Rookie
    I know how you feel, seems like sellers are greedy and want a ludicrus amount before selling.

I have only seen 1 player with a 'cart' for buy at a set price/amount of tokens.

Negotiations isn't that amazing to be honest.

Season 15 - Level 15

League Winners (14) - Levels 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    26-0-0 league (4) - Levels 3, 4, 7 & 8
    Undefeated in league (11) - Levels 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 12, 13, 14
    Cup winners (2) - Level 1 & 14
    Cup 3rd place (1) - Level 12
    Champions League Winners (10) - Levels 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    Champions League Runners up(1) - Level 9

>My team<

Rookie
    Iv'e always found the best way to buy good players cheap in the auction bit.

Every know and again, a load of very good players pop up for a short amount of time (not just a few), that is when to buy!

Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by dv8r View Post
    Negotiations isn't that amazing to be honest.
    It depends how you look at it. Selling wise, there are some managers, as been posted on here, that will put in a stupid offer for your player that, unless you strike lucky in the TM, you would never be able to get for a player. Buying wise, I do agree with you a little bit, though I remember reading on here about people wanting some younger players on the scout list. While they are not as highly rated, you can get younger players on there with SA's and pay less tokens for them. Obviously it depends on the manager at the other end as well.

Lastly, it could be handy for those who, as also mentioned by plenty of manager's on here, get badly burnt of tokens in the TM. If you make a negotiating bid, you lose those tokens for the duration, but get them all back if the bid is unsuccessful. Therefore, the only time you would lose those tokens is mainly if the other manager accepts the bid (or if they set a selling price and you really want the player, putting in the agreed offered). In a way, there's very little to no risk in negotiations when compared to the TM.

Of course, as the season goes on and the TM dies down, then the TM would be a better option.

Just my thoughts.
    Rhondda Rovers (The Rebirth) - Season 5, Level 3

Career Progress:

League Titles - 3
    Cup Winners - 1
    Champions League Winners - 1

I guess the worst bit of it is when you come across a really good quality player and you make offer only to realise that the team he is in is an abandoned one, so that no matter how much money and token you offer, you always end up being ignored. FACT!

Rookie
    Quick question.

Do players put their players for transfer in the negotiations list, or does a player appear here when someone makes an offer for a player even if they don't want to sell?
    NONE TOKEN PURCHASING PLAYER

IN SEASON 4, CURRENTLY LEVEL 4

Season 1: 3RD PLACE IN LEAGUE

Season 2: WON LEAGUE, CHAMPIONS LEAGUE RUNNER UP

Season 3: 6TH PLACE IN LEAGUE, WON CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

AVERAGE AGE ~ 24.2
    AVERAGE QUALITY ~ 29
    TEAM VALUE ~ 29.1M
    SEATING ~3000

TEAM NAME ~ Otley AFC
    FAN CLUB NAME ~ LEEDS SERVICE CREW

Daily i refuse offers from 10 tokens and more, negotiotions are really annoying if you dont want to sell the players.
    I receive daily offers for almost all my 4* and 5* players (quality 44-48-49).
    I'm in the highest level at my server (level 6) and there are only 3* players on the TM.
    Currently playing level 8 (season 8)

The league:
    1st place level 1,2,3,4,5,6,7

The Champions league:
    1st place level 2,3,4,5,6 - 2nd place level 7

The cup:
    1/4 final level 3

Rookie
    Ah I get it now, I thought it was like an alternatitive auction for player who want to recieve tokens rather than cash.

No wonder most players refuse lol.
    NONE TOKEN PURCHASING PLAYER

IN SEASON 4, CURRENTLY LEVEL 4

Season 1: 3RD PLACE IN LEAGUE

Season 2: WON LEAGUE, CHAMPIONS LEAGUE RUNNER UP

Season 3: 6TH PLACE IN LEAGUE, WON CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

AVERAGE AGE ~ 24.2
    AVERAGE QUALITY ~ 29
    TEAM VALUE ~ 29.1M
    SEATING ~3000

TEAM NAME ~ Otley AFC
    FAN CLUB NAME ~ LEEDS SERVICE CREW

I've had some success acquiring players in negotiations.
    Fact is, you have to overpay for them or you're not going to get them.
    Think about what it would take for you to sell YOUR player in negotiations.

So here's what I do: I check out the team of the player I'm interested in (click make offer, and the manager's profile appears on the right)
    If they're within a couple levels of you, forget it. Look for teams several levels higher than you - that 5* player to you is going to be a 2 or 3 star player to them. (Again, put yourself in their shoes - sell your first team player? no way. Sell your bench warming 2* that you just haven't gotten around to dumping AND getting a couple tokens for him? heck yeah!)
    ~^~*~^~ My opinions are best when taken with a grain of salt. No iodine added. ~^~*~^~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast