Thread: Too many goals against me?

Too many goals against me?

Hi

I've noticed something strange in my league games... Apart from losing the first match 0:1 I've dominated everything so far.
    I also have the highest amount of goals scored in the league as well as the best goal difference by far (more than twice the second best). So I am not in any way complaining, just curious.
    Why does almost every team with even a mediocre or even weak attacker lineup manage to score against me?

My matches so far have been:
    1. 0:1
    2. 6:1
    3. 9:2
    4. 6:0
    5. 6:1
    6. 5:1

For example:
    Too many goals against me?-t11_6_1_win.png

How did in this 6:1 win my opponent's Q11 ML manage to score a goal?

As I said this is in no way a rant but I'm really curious why this happens so consistently but only in the league.
    In CL I've had 3:1, 2:0 and 3:0... In cup 5:0 & 3:0, 5:0 and 5:2, and now the current opponent has me in a 2:2 draw.

Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong to let this happen?
    Mentality is attacking, normal tackling, alsways blue arrow on the DMC. I currently play 4-5-1V cause one of my strikers is out and I only have 3 at hand, usually I play 3-5-2V as in the image above.

-fragman
    Current Level: 2
    [Season 1] League Winner | CL N/A | Cup Qualifying (before joining)
    [Season 2] League Waiting... | CL Playing | Cup Playing

you play with a 3 back, get used to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan O'Bree View Post
    What he said. Play with a more defensive line up and expect to start getting more clean sheets.

Well as you can see this also happens with the current 4-5-1. Oh well as long as we score enough to still get domination most the time it doesn't even matter that much to me.

But thanks for the hint.
    Current Level: 2
    [Season 1] League Winner | CL N/A | Cup Qualifying (before joining)
    [Season 2] League Waiting... | CL Playing | Cup Playing

Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by Morgan O'Bree View Post
    Not only that, but 3 defenders wide which leaves 2 gaps in the defense line + your DMC seems like one of your weakest players. Any formation that has 2 STs will manage to score against you. As @festinator suggested, you should use a more defensive formation although this doesn't guarantee a clean sheet. Sometimes opponents will score no matter what, but you still have to try to prevent it.

I almost never play a formation with more than 1 striker and so far I've conceded ~10 goals in all competitions, while being 28:0 in the league. I still lost 2 points in the first match - 0:0, but had I not played with 4 defenders that match I would've lost it for sure. Attack wins you matches, but sometimes it's the defenders that really win the league.