Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By cracicot

Thread: Pre-Match Training Benefits

Pre-Match Training Benefits

Hi guys,

I'm fairly new to Top 11 but doing quite well so far. I'm trying to learn as much as I can about the game and one question I have is about training before a match.

Of course, we all know that training will reduce a player's condition, but are there any hidden benefits besides skill points? I've read a couple of times that "Stretching reduces injuries", "Cardio improves fitness" and "Practice match" improves teamwork and tactics. How true is this though?

I'm questioning this because through cardio training you can improve other stats besides fitness. Furthermore, does anyone have any experiences of benefits brought to them by, for example, stretching before a game? For example, fewer injuries?

Really I'd only consider stretching before a game because of the minimal condition reduction. But I'd like to hear everyone's thoughts on this.

Thanks!

thanks for these god ideas

Banned
    Absolute bollocks!

there is not truth to any of it. T11 is not complicated enough to take this into account.

Training is training anytime, regardless of before or after a match and gives no additional benefits to your performance in a game. It only gives you skill progress towards skill points....and a greater chance of injuries. Most of my injuries happen as a result of training and I dont power train my players. But i do make sure that they never waste a chance to train....they almost never get back to 99% until just before a game.
    KoHearts likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by cracicot View Post
    T11 is not complicated enough to take this into account.

Training is training anytime, regardless of before or after a match and gives no additional benefits to your performance in a game. It only gives you skill progress towards skill points....and a greater chance of injuries. Most of my injuries happen as a result of training and I dont power train my players. But i do make sure that they never waste a chance to train....they almost never get back to 99% until just before a game.
    Agreed...

However i do power train 18 yr old players occasionally and as long as you don't do it too often ive not seen too many more injuries than normal...

Quote Originally Posted by cracicot View Post
    there is not truth to any of it. T11 is not complicated enough to take this into account.

Thanks for this. Basically my thoughts exactly but it's good to see that other people are thinking the same way. We can debunk this myth