Thread: Quarter Finals Championship Game Help!

Quarter Finals Champions League Game Help!

Hello everyone, I`m new to the forum and the game. I`m playing on smartphone from 14 may, and managed to achieve 2nd in 1lvl league joining midseason, and currenlty got knocked out form Cup in 1st leg (sigh!) but I`m rocking the 2nd lvl league and Championship league. Currently it`s quarterfinals in CL and I had yesterday a home match with the other strongest team still remaining (I`m 22.7* and he`s 21.5*). His tactic was a 4-1-3(with 2MC[1 to the right] and 1MR)-2 and I`ve chosen 4-5-1 Vstyle as when in doubt it proved to be the safe bet tactic. My orders were attacking, mixed passing style, own half pressing, focus passing mixed, zonal marking, normal tackling, no counter and no offside trap, red arrows on MR/ML and ST, blues on DR/DL/DC`s. Match started well with me 2-0 in 25min of 1st half and around 70% possesion (the other player was present, my stadium full). Then he made substitution , he removed the DMC and put on the field another ST aplaying a 4-3-3 with still 2 MC`s and the MR looking like:

dr-dc-dc-dl
    mrmc-mc--
    -------------
    -st-st-st-
    Few minutes later he scored and I got scared, but my team managed to respond seconds later with another attempt, a tackle and succesful penalty bringing the score to 3-1. The first half ended and I didn`t make any subs thinking the 4-5-1 Vstyle could do it, but from the start of 2nd half it was non stop attacks on my side of pitch, possesion fallen to 55%-45%. Then the 2nd goal was scored for away team and I responded, I`ve remembered that the 4-1-4-1 was a blunt counter to 4-3-3 from forums so I`ve applied it and replaced a MC and ST with fresh ones (my replacement Defenders anr 3* so … ). The game went on forward with possesion around 60-40% till the very end. I`ve tried at last quarter putting hard attacking, hard tackling, and red arrows on my Mcs but it didnt lead to a goal.

Now I`m facing away game tomorrow with propably same tactic from my opponent and I`m brainstorming browsing the tactis forum and counter formations topic. For now I`m thinking about 5-2MC-(2AML/AMR)-1 and the MC to the fall right, but have`nt decided yet . Any tips any1?
    Thanks in advance
    Last edited by Iduakil; 06-21-2013 at 09:16 AM.

Don't change your of formation for the next leg until the last possible minute, I lost to a weaker team and 4-1, I need to win by four (he's playing at home), I've tried to be a little devious by changing the time to early hours of the morning (I am still up then) to get the best possible advantage.

I would actually play 4-4-2 flat to counter 4-3-3 (he will likely change it)

GK
    dr dc dc dr
    ml mc mc mr
    ST ST

I've never had to counter the tactic your opponent is facing so that is a quick guess from where players could "slip" through lol.

If you were to keep your current tactics I would keep an eye on Mentality switching from Defensive, Normal or attacking, once you have a 2-0 lead I've always just threw it down to Defensive to keep that lead (Unless I'm against a non-active team)
    Wolf FC

Quote Originally Posted by zJordan View Post
    Don't change your of formation for the next leg until the last possible minute, I lost to a weaker team and 4-1, I need to win by four (he's playing at home), I've tried to be a little devious by changing the time to early hours of the morning (I am still up then) to get the best possible advantage.

I would actually play 4-4-2 flat to counter 4-3-3 (he will likely change it)

GK
    dr dc dc dr
    ml mc mc mr
    ST ST

I've never had to counter the tactic your opponent is facing so that is a quick guess from where players could "slip" through lol.

If you were to keep your current tactics I would keep an eye on Mentality switching from Defensive, Normal or attacking, once you have a 2-0 lead I've always just threw it down to Defensive to keep that lead (Unless I'm against a non-active team)
    Hi, sorry for not posting in this topic during weekend but I had almost no spare time. Thanks for the tips zJordan, I managed to save up some time for the match on saturday and didnt change my formation, waiting for the opponents move. Well he didint do a thing, so the game started with me 4-5-1Vstyle and him 4-4-2 ...... and with the opponent not present! The game went onwards and similiar to 1st game I was leasing 0-3 by 25 min, then things started to get crazy .... at 61min scoreboard was 3-3 ..... erhm well , I responded with setting my team more ofensivly (I didnt want to loose the match) hardattacking, tackling and arrows on MCs. Then the opponent team scored! (still with absent manager .... sigh!) well, I switched the DMC with another ST changing formation to 4-2mcs-2ml/r-2 and I scored a goal at 90 min! Of the post! yay!

Well my desire to win the game almost costed me the match thinking with clear head now - 4-3 was still positive result for me and setting the team defensivly was the safe bet and maybe the right course of action. Well I`ll think about it next time!

Now it`s time to get ready for the my semi-final opponent but he`s only 13,7* so ... Wish me luck!