Like Tree7Likes
  • 4 Post By Splatter95
  • 2 Post By tarcanes92
  • 1 Post By Splatter95

Thread: Tutorial: How to post screenshots on the T11 forum

Tutorial: How to post screenshots on the T11 forum

So this is my first guide. It's not depending on your device (Mac, Win, iPhone, iPad, Android, etc..) There is one option you can use to upload pictures, I wouldn't recommend to use it though.

Here it is: Tutorial: How to post screenshots on the T11 forum-insertimage.png

Here it is uploaded from Photobucket:

So now you can see the difference between the first and the second method. Now the steps for the better method:

Step 1: Take a screenshot (CMD+Shift+3 on Mac, Homebutton+Sleepbutton on iPhone, iPad, for Windows, google it up)

Windows Users, cheer up!
    Press the Print Screen key on your keyboard. It may be labeled [PrtScn].
    Open an image editing program, such as Microsoft Paint, or any of these free photo editors.
    Go to the Edit menu and choose Paste.
    If prompted to enlarge the image, choose Yes.
    Optional: Use your image editor's crop tool to crop out unnecessary portions of the screen shot.
    Go to the File Menu and choose Save As.
    Navigate to the folder where you want to save the image.
    Type a file name for the image.

Step 2: Edit and crop it (on Mac with Preview, on Windows with Paint, on iPad and iPhone in your Photos app)

Step 3: Create an account on Photobucket.com, to upload your pictures.

Step 4: Upload to Photobucket in the Upload section

Step 5: Now you copy the IMG code on the right side:

Simply click on it to copy (I think on iPad you can also use the free app from the appstore...)

Step 6: Now you can paste it in any thread or in the reply section

That's it. Now your pics should look how you see it always on this forum.

Any questions? comment below I will answer them. Thx for reading and see ya soon

Edit: Quote from tarcanes92 according method 1:

"if you click "settings" on the very upper right of the screen and then click "attachments" at the bottom of the menu that runs down the left hand side, you can find all of the photos that you have uploaded to the forum. If you click on the photo, you have the html address of the photo. You can then copy it and paste it into your message and put [img] in front of the http and [/img]"

I guess this way it will work too (not on mobile devices). But, for me it's way easier to upload them on separate sites and just copy the IMG. Thanks to tarcanes92 for the good info!

I also uploaded a picture to postimage.org, you can copy the code without the need of an account.

Direct link: http://postimage.org/

If you want to copy the IMG use the Hotlink for forums option

The result is still the same

bilder uploaden
    Last edited by Splatter95; 10-07-2013 at 05:21 PM.
    My name is Obvious, Captain Obvious!

My Team: RXL

Nice one
    Is there any other way to make pictures show this way, besides uploading to photobucket?

There are other sites to upload your pics, but I prefer photobucket. They give you plenty of storage and a simple way to upload pics and copy your IMG code. I think there is no way besides either uploading it here directly (you can see the result above) or taking the good way and use IMG code. I'm also a little into progamming and only know those two ways, upload and IMG

Addicted
    good post!

I just played around with one of my pictures that I posted (using the first method) and found that if you click "settings" on the very upper right of the screen and then click "attachments" at the bottom of the menu that runs down the left hand side, you can find all of the photos that you have uploaded to the forum. If you click on the photo, you have the html address of the photo. You can then copy it and paste it into your message and put [img] in front of the http and [/img] at the end to make it look like your second method. This way you don't need the photobucket account.
    Splatter95 and ew11 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by tarcanes92 View Post
    good post!

I just played around with one of my pictures that I posted (using the first method) and found that if you click "settings" on the very upper right of the screen and then click "attachments" at the bottom of the menu that runs down the left hand side, you can find all of the photos that you have uploaded to the forum. If you click on the photo, you have the html address of the photo. You can then copy it and paste it into your message and put [img] in front of the http and [/img] at the end to make it look like your second method. This way you don't need the photobucket account.
    That method will work, BUT I think it will not on mobile devices... Nice that you mentioned it though! gonna add that

Some mod: can you stickie this? Often the helpful guides just get lost and most ppl don't know how to search them afterwards...thx
    flatthg likes this.