Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Possession

Possession

Watched my opponents play out there CL game, to see how they set up and the type of game they play.

What was strange was the possession, as you can see the away team edged it, no supporters where present so why the 1% over evens it was actually 2% in the first half.

I decided to add up the quality: Home team 29.36, Away 27.18 which if my maths are correct is 1% rounded up.
    If you use a factor of 100 then the away team has 2 less. Are the codes balancing teams out to some degree? it appears so.
    Shock results and possession, imagine the hidden bonus if say a 55 plays a 25 quality team.

Last edited by Accyrover; 01-05-2013 at 09:29 PM.
    Level 1,2,3,4,5,6 League winners

Level 1,2,3,5 CL Winners

Level 4 CL runner up.

Level 2,3,4 Cup winners

P267 W244 D2 L11 GF1024 GA91

That was a game between two even sides quality-wise cancelling each other out with the home team scoring the all important goal
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

Super Moderator PricopGeorgeCătălin's Avatar
    Is normal for first team to have so less possesion, he is playing with 1 MC
    Last edited by PricopGeorgeCătălin; 01-05-2013 at 10:20 PM.
    fadwow likes this.
    Orlova FC - onForum - LIKE Orlova FC - onYoutube - SUBSCRIBE Orlova FC - onFacebook

The home side is playing with only 3 midfielders, though. Could you run some similar examinations with two sides playing maybe the same formations?
    God Bless!

Trinity FC, Level 17
    - Malaysian team
    - Never bought tokens

League
    Champions (10) - Seasons 1, 2, 4, 6, 7, 8, 10, 11, 12, 15
    Runners up (5) - Seasons 3, 5, 9, 14, 16
    Third place (1) - Season 13

Champions League
    Champions (2) - Seasons 6, 12
    Runners up (1) - Season 3
    Third place (4) - Seasons 5, 13, 14, 15

Cup
    Best placing: Quarter-Finals/Last 8
    - Season 16, Level 16, Level 23 Cup

Quote Originally Posted by PricopGeorgeCătălin View Post
    Is normal for first team to have so less possesion, he is playing with 1 MC
    lol Really so how come the away team has only 1 MC against three here, my team is the away.

Yes I did have the higher quality, but sort of blows your 1 MC reasoning out of the water, I've said before a large % of my games are played with only 1 MC.

Level 1,2,3,5 CL Winners

Level 4 CL runner up.

Level 2,3,4 Cup winners

torrelo has 5 midfielder in a flat formation. If he is using short passing imho he has the most possession minded formation. there is nothing about a flat formation i know of that hurts possession. a flat line is different but not necessarily inferior to having DM and AM.

see nothng in these formations that would lead one to expect possession domination over the other.

6MF players against 5MF players?.
    With the exception of the V formation I always have 6 MF players, and the % of possession are consistent.
    If there is no possession gained from the additional MF players then there must be some scary % codes in the engine, even with my weakest squad, if I remember correctly this season that is one of the lowest, think there might have been one with 59% but he had a whole crew with him.
    I doubt the engine is technical enough to reward possession for players being directly marked out of the game, they can't be random.
    My CL final last season I was around 6 skill grades lower on Avg yet I had similar %, the images are in last seasons 'how are you doing' post 399 I think it is.

Level 1,2,3,5 CL Winners

Level 4 CL runner up.

Level 2,3,4 Cup winners

midfielders are not all equal for possession

Quote Originally Posted by Accyrover View Post
    6MF players against 5MF players?.
    With the exception of the V formation I always have 6 MF players, and the % of possession are consistent.
    If there is no possession gained from the additional MF players then there must be some scary % codes in the engine, even with my weakest squad, if I remember correctly this season that is one of the lowest, think there might have been one with 59% but he had a whole crew with him.
    I doubt the engine is technical enough to reward possession for players being directly marked out of the game, they can't be random.
    My CL final last season I was around 6 skill grades lower on Avg yet I had similar %, the images are in last seasons 'how are you doing' post 399 I think it is.
    you have 6 mids vs 5 flat ones. Not a huge numerical advantage. Some of your midfielders are DM (or AM). Idont know what instructions either of you gave. My own experience says possession is helped less by DM's than Mc's. I also emphasize midfield. Several times this season I was given 20-30% possession although I had at least 4 midfileders. It seems this happened when I employed more than 2 DM's. I essentially beat the lower quality teams but lost to the higher quality team in these cases but possession was down when I use DM's and to a lesser extent wing mids. Just my own observations on this subject. For assessing possession I think something like this is possibly right :MC get 3 points ML,MR, DCM,ACM 2 points and DMR,L AMR,L 1 point. The rules about legal formations discourage concentrations in the center which suggests the play engine would unduly favor central concentrations. I asked support directly to define all illegal formations and support declined. What are other players experience with this issue. Look back at your old games. IMHO a winger has less influence on possession per se but helps in moving forward to the extent these are competing interests.

IMO it doesn't matter, I just play with 6 midfielders every match.
    God Bless!

Trinity FC, Level 17
    - Malaysian team
    - Never bought tokens

League
    Champions (10) - Seasons 1, 2, 4, 6, 7, 8, 10, 11, 12, 15
    Runners up (5) - Seasons 3, 5, 9, 14, 16
    Third place (1) - Season 13

Champions League
    Champions (2) - Seasons 6, 12
    Runners up (1) - Season 3
    Third place (4) - Seasons 5, 13, 14, 15