Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Bidding in Top Eleven

  1. #1
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    21

    Bidding in Top Eleven

    Hello,

    have you ever experienced following situation in Top Eleven: You bid in round 1 and someone overbids you. After entering round 2 you wait to the last second in order to bid and don't let your opponent time to react. But as you click the bidding button, a message comes up "The bid was not high enough". How did the opponent manage to "block" your bid?
    What can you do to prevent this kind of situation?

    Thank you!

  2. #2
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    180
    Happens when your opponent bids just before you and you try to bid before the game updates your bid amount.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kannibalus View Post
    What can you do to prevent this kind of situation?
    Place your bid in earlier.
    Raykco and Cat Harrison like this.

  3. #3
    VIP dv8r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    England
    Posts
    5,402
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Cheng View Post
    Happens when your opponent bids just before you and you try to bid before the game updates your bid amount.

    Place your bid in earlier.
    +100

    I'm not a fan of bidding late. Why? Because there's always a chance your game lags and your bid doesn't go through. Learn your lesson next time, bid early.
    Raykco and Cat Harrison like this.


    Season 15 - Level 15

    League Winners (14) - Levels 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    26-0-0 league (4) - Levels 3, 4, 7 & 8
    Undefeated in league (11) - Levels 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 12, 13, 14
    Cup winners (2) - Level 1 & 14
    Cup 3rd place (1) - Level 12
    Champions League Winners (10) - Levels 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    Champions League Runners up(1) - Level 9






    >My team<

  4. #4
    Famous kynan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Halifax
    Posts
    1,005
    I don't see any benefit in bidding late.

    If there are two bids in a round then it will go to the next round, so if you bid with 20 seconds, or with 1 second left, you only win if you are the last bidder.

    Getting the last bid in on a round is only important if its your last Token and you are hoping the person you are bidding against will have run out. If you are going to bid more than the current round then get the bid in early so you know its secure.

    All a late bid does is get you in the driving seat if there is no bid in the next round. If your opponent is another late bidder then the chances are you will late bid in the next round even if he doesn't to make sure you get your player. The downside is a server lag, or simply a loss of attention when timing bids will mean you lose.

    I always bid early in the rounds. I bet I've got several players due to others trying to late bid and missing.

  5. #5
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1
    You bid late in the 2nd round for two reasons. First is if your opponent hasn't bid, (and had the highest bid in the previous round) you may win by being the only bid. Second, the later bid will be high and will win if no one bids in the next round. Many owners aren't interested in a long auction (it burns tokens), especially if the player isn't particularly unique. If your opponent has already bid in the 2nd round, there is nothing to be gained by waiting if you plan to proceed. How many rounds are you willing to go? Most of my roster is filled in uncontested auctions.
    Cristi Gata likes this.

  6. #6
    Famous kynan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Halifax
    Posts
    1,005
    You will only win the round if you are the only bidder in it though Jim. It doesn't matter if you bid one second into the round or one second to the end of it - the only way you win is if you are the last bidder.

    If you are bidding in the last seconds in hope of winning after the next round (as in bidding at the end of round 2 and hoping no one bids in round 3 so you can win) then fine, but if you are willing to go another round then get the bid in early.

    Also, you say many won't be interested in a long auction if the player isn't unique - another reason to bid early. If you bid late and so does someone else then it goes to another round. If you bid early and the other person isn't really that keen they might not bother bidding again - saving you another round of bids.

    The only time it is wise to bid late in a round is if its either your last token, or you have decided you don't wish to bid anymore. I've seen it several times where there are 2 or 3 late bidders per round - which is stupid as they late bid EVERY round. Therefore to make sure you get the player you have to late bid in your winning round again anyway to make sure you get the player!
    Last edited by kynan; 10-17-2013 at 09:55 PM.
    Cat Harrison likes this.

  7. #7
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    62
    "Know your connection reliability" is the best advice I'm able to give. When I am on a 3G connection, I place 5 seconds before deadline or 7 seconds before deadline. When I am on speedy wi-fi, I go the whole hog and bid 1 second before deadline.

    A strategy that has worked well for me is... bid early in the Initial Round. Make sure you are not the final bidder in the Initial Round. Then go the last second of the First Round. If it goes to a Second Round, be the first to bid, allowing the other bidders to get ahead. Then bid last second in the Third Round, then first in the Fourth Round, so on and so forth.
    Cat Harrison likes this.

  8. #8
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by kynan View Post
    You will only win the round if you are the only bidder in it though Jim. It doesn't matter if you bid one second into the round or one second to the end of it - the only way you win is if you are the last bidder.

    If you are bidding in the last seconds in hope of winning after the next round (as in bidding at the end of round 2 and hoping no one bids in round 3 so you can win) then fine, but if you are willing to go another round then get the bid in early.

    Also, you say many won't be interested in a long auction if the player isn't unique - another reason to bid early. If you bid late and so does someone else then it goes to another round. If you bid early and the other person isn't really that keen they might not bother bidding again - saving you another round of bids.

    The only time it is wise to bid late in a round is if its either your last token, or you have decided you don't wish to bid anymore. I've seen it several times where there are 2 or 3 late bidders per round - which is stupid as they late bid EVERY round. Therefore to make sure you get the player you have to late bid in your winning round again anyway to make sure you get the player!
    Thanks for your help. Do you set yourself a limit on spent tokens? I tried your strategy and just lost 20 tokens, because a maniac always outbids me, then I still lost.

  9. #9
    Famous Der_Ryan_M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,649
    Quote Originally Posted by Kannibalus View Post
    Thanks for your help. Do you set yourself a limit on spent tokens? I tried your strategy and just lost 20 tokens, because a maniac always outbids me, then I still lost.
    I would not bid today and in the next 2 or 3 days, because the first days of a new season, the transfer market is insane and you have to spend amounts of token, when you want the player. Bid in a few days, maybe try to bid as the first in some rounds. When the other bidder is a fool, he will bid every round last second, maybe you can counter with a last second bid though.

    Plan your bidding after your opponent! And also, a limit of 7-10 Tokens should be fine, I never bid when there are 4 people after 3 rounds for example.

  10. #10
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by Der_Ryan_M View Post
    I would not bid today and in the next 2 or 3 days, because the first days of a new season, the transfer market is insane and you have to spend amounts of token, when you want the player. Bid in a few days, maybe try to bid as the first in some rounds. When the other bidder is a fool, he will bid every round last second, maybe you can counter with a last second bid though.

    Plan your bidding after your opponent! And also, a limit of 7-10 Tokens should be fine, I never bid when there are 4 people after 3 rounds for example.
    I did not understand. I should bid as the first and then wait until the fool bids last second and then .... bid after him again? But my first bid already qualified me for the next round, so I would waste a token if I bid after him?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast