Help me score ...-l3squad.jpg

My squad's Avg quality 31.0
    Last five matches:
    Away League . vs 18.1 . 6-0
    Home Champ. vs 20.6 . 3-0
    Away Friendly vs 18.5 . 3-0
    Home Cup .....vs 18.5 . 4-2
    Away Cup . . . vs 18.5 . 3-0
    I'm winning, but I should be .. my issue is I see a 21.5 scoring 6-0 against a 16.0, an 18.5 5-1 over a 15.4, a 24.5 7-0 & 5-0 over a 14.4, a 25.9 with 9-1 & 7-0 over a 14.4

That 6-0 result is by far my highest scoring match to date, but it seems I should be scoring that or more fairly often, if not regularly against lesser quality opponents. I heavily invested in strikers, picking up the 34 & 35 5* Berezin and Edri, but together they have 5 of my 19 goals.

Soon I'm going to be playing against stronger opponents in Cup and if i can't score more against lower quality teams, i think I'm going to be in trouble.

So,
    1. How do I score more and/or get my strikers more involved?
    2. Suggestions on upgrading my team?
    (I plan to replace montano and lepine, also looking to find some AM* players once the market is a bit less crazy, particularly an multirole AMC. Riquelme and Onuoha are candidates for replacement by more versatile players as well. Marin and McLeish are training hard and I hope to get them up to speed with the rest of the team, but they may not advance fast enough and end up on the block as well.)

My preference has been an 4-5-1 V or 3-5-2 V, but I adapt to my squad and opponent. I use 3-1-4-2 quite a bit.
    Usual Tactics :
    Attacking (Hard attacking never seems to help, normal doesn't seem much different either)
    Focus passing depends on formations
    pressing, own half. Full just fatigues them too fast
    Tackling, normal (or easy for friendly)
    Passing - usual mixed, but I've experimented a bit with short and long with other settings
    marking: Zonal always

Force counterattack - have tried .. still unsure if it's good or bad
    Offside trap - never used

Your formation is too balanced, you have to try to use AMs to link your attacks up better. You only seem to have Marin able to play AMR though.
    God Bless!

Trinity FC, Level 17
    - Malaysian team
    - Never bought tokens

League
    Champions (10) - Seasons 1, 2, 4, 6, 7, 8, 10, 11, 12, 15
    Runners up (5) - Seasons 3, 5, 9, 14, 16
    Third place (1) - Season 13

Champions League
    Champions (2) - Seasons 6, 12
    Runners up (1) - Season 3
    Third place (4) - Seasons 5, 13, 14, 15

Cup
    Best placing: Quarter-Finals/Last 8
    - Season 16, Level 16, Level 23 Cup

Banned
    you only need one more goal than your opponent... why you want to have 10-0 games?
    Buy better players and use more attacking formations if you want to score more - For me 1-0 2-0 is enough bud. A win is a win- doesn't matter if is by an inch or by a mile.

Quote Originally Posted by GabeTC View Post
    you only need one more goal than your opponent... why you want to have 10-0 games?
    Buy better players and use more attacking formations if you want to score more - For me 1-0 2-0 is enough bud. A win is a win- doesn't matter if is by an inch or by a mile.
    That's not the point. As I said above; Soon I'm going to be playing against stronger opponents in Cup and if I can't score more against lower quality teams, I think I'm going to be in trouble.

Rookie
    I think, i should invest in gettin player with the special abb. PlayMaker

Let that support your attack.

You dont have to trouble yourself with such things as far as you win. There is not a formation that provides many goals. Even if you play with many strikers and ams it's not certain that you will score more goals. I normally play classic 4-4-2 but this season i have scored much more goals by playing 4-5-1 (dmc-ml-mr-mc-mc) which is much more defensive that 4-4-2. What i mean is that there is not a scoring formation but it has to do with the players quality, the other player's formation and pure luck.

Quote Originally Posted by powerzhea View Post
    i think, i should invest in gettin player with the special abb. Playmaker

let that support your attack.
    true enough. I have a scout striker with sa free kicks and he scores a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Razz View Post
    .. more goals.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	L3Squad.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	72.9 KB 
ID:	917

My squad's Avg quality 31.0
    Last five matches:
    Away League . vs 18.1 . 6-0
    Home Champ. vs 20.6 . 3-0
    Away Friendly vs 18.5 . 3-0
    Home Cup .....vs 18.5 . 4-2
    Away Cup . . . vs 18.5 . 3-0
    I'm winning, but I should be .. my issue is I see a 21.5 scoring 6-0 against a 16.0, an 18.5 5-1 over a 15.4, a 24.5 7-0 & 5-0 over a 14.4, a 25.9 with 9-1 & 7-0 over a 14.4

That 6-0 result is by far my highest scoring match to date, but it seems I should be scoring that or more fairly often, if not regularly against lesser quality opponents. I heavily invested in strikers, picking up the 34 & 35 5* Berezin and Edri, but together they have 5 of my 19 goals.

Soon I'm going to be playing against stronger opponents in Cup and if i can't score more against lower quality teams, i think I'm going to be in trouble.

So,
    1. How do I score more and/or get my strikers more involved?
    2. Suggestions on upgrading my team?
    (I plan to replace montano and lepine, also looking to find some AM* players once the market is a bit less crazy, particularly an multirole AMC. Riquelme and Onuoha are candidates for replacement by more versatile players as well. Marin and McLeish are training hard and I hope to get them up to speed with the rest of the team, but they may not advance fast enough and end up on the block as well.)

My preference has been an 4-5-1 V or 3-5-2 V, but I adapt to my squad and opponent. I use 3-1-4-2 quite a bit.
    Usual Tactics :
    Attacking (Hard attacking never seems to help, normal doesn't seem much different either)
    Focus passing depends on formations
    pressing, own half. Full just fatigues them too fast
    Tackling, normal (or easy for friendly)
    Passing - usual mixed, but I've experimented a bit with short and long with other settings
    marking: Zonal always

Force counterattack - have tried .. still unsure if it's good or bad
    Offside trap - never used
    How do manage to play 4-5-1 V with no AML or do you mean 4-5-1 flat with red arrows on MR/ML

Have you tried switching the strikers around left to right side.

AS Gabe says a win is a win but GD is a sickener to lose a trophy by.

Also as Potemy says another AML/AMC and a AML/ML would not go a miss.
    Always better to get MR/ML with AM as a second position.
    Last edited by Accyrover; 01-17-2013 at 03:50 PM.
    Level 1,2,3,4,5,6 League winners

Level 1,2,3,5 CL Winners

Level 4 CL runner up.

Level 2,3,4 Cup winners

P267 W244 D2 L11 GF1024 GA91

Quote Originally Posted by Accyrover View Post
    How do manage to play 4-5-1 V with no AML or do you mean 4-5-1 flat with red arrows on MR/ML
    Both. I had a different lineup last season, but upgraded my strikers for this season so my AML moved on to somewhere else. I did just pick up an ML/AML 34 skill who quickly trained up to 6 star .. we'll see how he does in his first match here in 30 minutes or so.

Still working on upgrading my MR/AMR or finding a multirole AMC or AMR.

I've had success playing players out of position, despite the overwhelming advice against it. As long as it's a position they can learn, it seems OK. Or playing an MR with red arrows seems almost as good as an AMR?

Have you tried switching the strikers around left to right side.
    Yes, I experiment with that until i find where they seem to perform best.

Also as Potemy says another AML/AMC and a AML/ML would not go a miss.
    Always better to get MR/ML with AM as a second position.
    Multi-role AMs seem to be tough to come by. There was an MC/AMC on the market last night - first one I've seen - but the bidding frenzy was way too out of hand.

I'll keep plugging away and trying different things. Was just hoping maybe there was a glaring flaw that I've overlooked that some more experienced players could point out.

The thing that worries me is if there's something in the code that penalises for switching tactics or formations, which would lead me to miss the subtleties of the changes if i don't stick with them for several games.

Apprentice
    there is something to that effect. i notice i get lower and lower scoring games the more i change my formation
    Solo on Android - No friends, no manipulations, no scout players , minimal spending

4 time League Winner
    3 time Cup winner