Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By David Malone
  • 3 Post By Cat Harrison
  • 1 Post By Lukáš Ledecký
  • 2 Post By WeWillAllBeForgotten

Thread: How best to power train your 18 year old Nordgen!

How best to power train your 18 year old Nordgen!

I not go to pretend I'm an expert in this field, but I'll open the floor to your Nordgen addicts out there, Shoot!

When to Buy?

What to look for, is he a gem or a dud, how can you tell?

What is your idea of power training?

What's your best Nordgen?
    In football it is better to be Lucky than Good.

Apprentice
    I am no expert but here is what I have learned over the past 4 months!

When to buy is tricky, but a good bet(if you have the time) is to be up for Server reset(2:30am) and then see what players are available, this leads into point 2 gem or dud.

Individual results may vary but I find these players are my best performers, with constant 7-9 ratings in games even OOP. From the market itself you cant tell, but like RL any player can be a flop(just ask Fernando Torres!)

My idea of power training is using both green and red packs to gain skill points as fast as possible by training him everytime a training routine comes up. A good way to train is to arrange a friendly to gain packs, skill points and rests if you don't get a yellow or red card!

My best Nord gen has come from the academy and averages 0.95 goals a game
    Hope my noobish ways are of any help to you!
    Philip L. Willis likes this.
    Competition Season 1 Season 2 Season 3 Season 4 Season 5
    League 1st 2nd 3rd 1st 3rd
    Champions League N/A Semi Finals 1st Round of 16 Final
    T11 Cup N/A Qualifiers Playoffs Semi Finals Last 16

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    When to Buy?
    Since I keep my guys long term I don't worry about when in the Season, but most people would say best to get 'em first week so you have more time with them to start. But I don't find much difference between 18 and 19 y.o. training speeds, so I buy when I see someone I like...

Well, most aren't "duds" except the freebies people sell, and you can tell if it's from a normal Team name.. It depends on his attributes. I have an idea of what I want a position to be strong in and look for players that have that attribute fairly different from their others. And is most expensive, of course.

Buy a ton of green packs and train on hard cardio, practice match and friendlies until you reach desired skills/quality. Be prepared to buy red packs. Also there is "maintenance" training: after all matches I look at who is near gaining a cone and give a green to get there.

Well, most of my Team is either youth products or gems.. hard to say who is best. Michael Zorc, maybe:

How best to power train your 18 year old Nordgen!-m_z.jpg
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Cat Harrison View Post
    Well, most of my Team is either youth products or gems.. hard to say who is best. Michael Zorc, maybe:
    Defender with 30 goals, are u kidding me??
    Cat Harrison likes this.

Rookie
    When to Buy?
    Whenever you have the cash/green packs and you can find a NordGen in a position you need. Theres no point buying a 3 star NordGen if you don't have any green packs to train him up and already have cover in his position thats higher than 3 stars.

Make sure its a Nordgen and not just an abandoned player (check if he has previous form/previous team name)

buying in a position that is likely to rate high in form ie striker/amc/l/r can help a lot as they will benefit from a lot of skillpoints through the season if they can pick up many man of the match awards.

word of advice - Don't expect miracles from a 18y old Nord gen in their first few games/first season, my last few from this season have started off averagely, especially for their rating however after being in the squad for 5-10+ games they have started getting higher form ratings. Looking at my Nord Gens that i've had for over a season, they are generally my top performing players. I think it was Cat who mentioned on one of my threads about a poor performing 18y Nordgen that they can struggle in big matches during their first season. So if you need immediate impact then try to find a Nordgen that is 19-21 as they may fit into your squad faster.

Using green packs while training all 3 exercises on hard as much as you can. If you want to train a special ability/extra position try and get a nordgen thats only 3* and train the ability/position first as the higher stars he is the slower he will train, even if he just has enough unused skill points to get to the next star. If you sink the points into an ability/position though then those points won't affect training speed.

My striker has lead the way for my team, although he sometimes has a weird habit where he will stop scoring goals for 5 or so matches and instead just get an insane amount of assists from non-set pieces.

Last edited by WeWillAllBeForgotten; 08-09-2014 at 08:26 PM.

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukáš Ledecký View Post
    Defender with 30 goals, are u kidding me??
    He takes corners and free kicks & penalties: he was an experiment to program his attributes like one of my strikers... and a fair success, I must say. But I almost always have more than one DMC on the pitch at any given time. The others are better at defence.

A 3* gen is good if you want to train multiple roles, as the fastest 3* gains considerably more than a 5*. About a cone a green pack so it's easy to guesstimate how many greens you will need.

Here's one I did:

How best to power train your 18 year old Nordgen!-dries_.png

He usually starts in MC spot, and depending on how it's going I can move him up or back. And I can keep him a long time, as he will be the perfect midfield sub as well.
    Last edited by Cat Harrison; 08-09-2014 at 10:25 PM.
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]