Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Transfers Rules

Ok. Please erase "reset the counter" words..... I made a mistake.

I describe what happened today. For example: me and you in the tranfer tournament.
    First round, you make the offer and me, too. I make it at the last second so , in this way, the counter restart: 60 seconds.
    You make another offer and I make another offer at the last second. The counter restar: 30 seconds.
    You make another offer at the last second. The counter doesn't restart. You win the bid.

Quote Originally Posted by Saulle Mattei View Post
    Ok. Please erase "reset the counter" words..... I made a mistake.

I describe what happened today. For example: me and you in the tranfer tournament.
    First round, you make the offer and me, too. I make it at the last second so , in this way, the counter restart: 60 seconds.
    You make another offer and I make another offer at the last second. The counter restar: 30 seconds.
    You make another offer at the last second. The counter doesn't restart. You win the bid.
    Yes, thats what should happen.

I win almost all of my contested bids (Where anyone else bids, although rare given that I only target the most expensive fast trainers) in the exact fashion you describe.

Most players seem to think that if it is green and the countdown is down to 1/2 seconds they have it won. They do not realize that them bidding last in the previous round does not save them.

Example:

3 players bid in the opening period.

First knockout round starts and I bid early.
    One other player bids in the last 5 seconds (somehow thinking it matters that they bid last???)

2nd knockout round begins and I sit and watch the countdown.
    I wait until 2 seconds is about to become 1 and then hit bid.
    They never bid thinking I walked away or they were safe because it was still green.

I win

If I find myself in the situation of being the leader entering a round I bid early. It costs an extra token sometimes as it is possible nobody else was going to bid but it protects me from being jumped like that and if they do bid it sets them up for me to poach them the next round.

If I try to poach someone twice and they are also bidding I will almost never keep going very long. I have to be really damn sure I want the player (He would have to be a really expensive nordgen and/or at a position of need and if only the latter he would have to show a proven track record of good form).
    Gert Funck and Buffs Mad like this.

Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by David Grizzle View Post
    I win almost all of my contested bids (Where anyone else bids, although rare given that I only target the most expensive fast trainers) in the exact fashion you describe.

Most players seem to think that if it is green and the countdown is down to 1/2 seconds they have it won. They do not realize that them bidding last in the previous round does not save them.

Example:

3 players bid in the opening period.

First knockout round starts and I bid early.
    One other player bids in the last 5 seconds (somehow thinking it matters that they bid last???)

2nd knockout round begins and I sit and watch the countdown.
    I wait until 2 seconds is about to become 1 and then hit bid.
    They never bid thinking I walked away or they were safe because it was still green.

I win

If I find myself in the situation of being the leader entering a round I bid early. It costs an extra token sometimes as it is possible nobody else was going to bid but it protects me from being jumped like that and if they do bid it sets them up for me to poach them the next round.

If I try to poach someone twice and they are also bidding I will almost never keep going very long. I have to be really damn sure I want the player (He would have to be a really expensive nordgen and/or at a position of need and if only the latter he would have to show a proven track record of good form).
    What level are you? You have to be very very lucky to get someone cheap at higher level.

This thread has given me the urge to vent about a couple little things that the vast majority of lower lvl players seem to think in regards to transfers.

I really want to clear them up even though it will not help me any and could in theory hurt me.

1. If you do not bid in any given round you are in danger of losing the player. The color means only that you are the last bidder at that moment and would win should nobody else bid.

2. STOP, for the love of god, bidding twice or more in a single round. You are accomplishing nothing but raising the cost of the player.

3. If someone else has bid in the current round it does not do you any good to wait til the last second to bid. There is no round in which the last bidder wins regardless of number of bidders. You can only win by being the only bidder in a round. What it does do is irritate the person who was about to win the player and in my case assure you that you will never win said player at any cost.
    Buffs Mad and Cat Harrison like this.

This thread has given me the urge to vent about a couple little things that the vast majority of lower lvl players seem to think in regards to transfers.

I really want to clear them up even though it will not help me any and could in theory hurt me.

1. If you do not bid in any given round you are in danger of losing the player. The color means only that you are the last bidder at that moment and would win should nobody else bid.

2. STOP, for the love of god, bidding twice or more in a single round. You are accomplishing nothing but raising the cost of the player.

3. If someone else has bid in the current round it does not do you any good to wait til the last second to bid. There is no round in which the last bidder wins regardless of number of bidders. You can only win by being the only bidder in a round. What it does do is irritate the person who was about to win the player and in my case assure you that you will never win said player at any cost.
    Why not let token buyers waste their money, it amuses me every time they frow their tokens in the bin. I say let them bid as many times each round that they want, lean back an steady spend 1 token each round try summing their total waste of tokens, its quite the sport
    cookizzz and Buffs Mad like this.

considering quitting, since nothing is improved for veterans ... nothing and pay to win has become to dominante

FireCats is testing level - 36 -

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    don't worry, your real competitors already got it
    Gert Funck and Buffs Mad like this.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post
    don't worry, your real competitors already got it

Very true. To answer the earlier question I am only now at lvl 4 but I am under no illusion that it stays this way but at least to this point the bidding stays in the 50-75% of the top valued players. The top 25% are almost never bid on. At level 4 most teams are worth maybe a total of $15M-$20M, I am talking about players worth $6M-$7.5M each. Me being alone to collect them is why my team is worth over $105M somewhere, I haven't checked recently.
    Buffs Mad likes this.

Very true. To answer the earlier question I am only now at lvl 4 but I am under no illusion that it stays this way but at least to this point the bidding stays in the 50-75% of the top valued players. The top 25% are almost never bid on. At level 4 most teams are worth maybe a total of $15M-$20M, I am talking about players worth $6M-$7.5M each. Me being alone to collect them is why my team is worth over $105M somewhere, I haven't checked recently.
    hah that is less than my worst player

sorry for that
    Buffs Mad likes this.

considering quitting, since nothing is improved for veterans ... nothing and pay to win has become to dominante

FireCats is testing level - 36 -

[QUOTE=Gert Funck;335315]hah that is less than my worst player

Ya, you can only move as fast as the game goes. I am winning trophies and promoting every season.

Also this game seems to have a massive over reach at the higher levels. I would much prefer the growth in player value from lvl to lvl be much smaller and top out at a realistic range with only a handful of players at the absolute top level being worth 100M+ as it really is.

Same thing with the stadium. 200k seats is just stupid. I imagine it will be this that might ultimately make me quit. Once it becomes too hard to believe the lie....... I am into immersion so..... Meh
    Buffs Mad likes this.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast