Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By St0rmbringer
  • 1 Post By St0rmbringer

Thread: Save your money...

Thumbs up Save your money...

Don't spend another penny. The makers of this game ensure that if you spend ANY money, you'll spend MORE. I can tell my team won't win a match within the first few animations. In my most recent (and maybe last) game, the opponent's left forward got free just over the midfield line and scored in the 2nd minute (even though I had more defenders than he had forwards and I was set to man-to-man...NO-ONE MARKED HIM?) My right wing did the same thing a couple minutes later and when he got into the box one-on-one with the keeper, instead of shooting, he PASSED the ball back to a trailing player who was well marked and wasn't able to do anything with the ball. WTH?! I ended up losing 0-2.

I had a match earlier in the day and started all my lower-quality players, intending to concede the Champions League match in order to prepare for a grudge match against the above-mentioned league opponent who inexplicably thrashed me at home the first game of the season. Instead, down 8 quality points to the Champions League opponent, I thrashed him 5-0. Again, WTH?!

I hate this game. I regret every penny I've spent in the last 8 months. I should have quit 2 months ago. This game is a wallet-mining joke.

Save your money. Quit now. You will eventually. Save the frustration and expense. Go outside. Go fishing. Take a hike. Do a puzzle. Read a book. Volunteer at a shelter. Don't play this game a minute more.
    Last edited by St0rmbringer; 12-29-2015 at 01:30 AM. Reason: Clarity
    Didier_Drogba likes this.

OR... SPEND your money. Consider the following manager...

A level 9 manager playing in the same Champions League as me. At level 9, a six-star player is a 65-quality player. Please note that the manager pictured has EIGHT world-class players (7 stars = 70-quality or higher) on the field, and one on the bench. Do you have ANY IDEA how many tokens that would cost? Go use the Personal Trainer option on any of your players... He went and got 22(?) scout players and then had a personal trainer get 9 of them to world-class level?

My team is pretty good but how do I compete with somebody who is able to spend that kind of money? It's no surprise that the manager pictured is #1 in his league, What IS surprising is that he's only 10-0-5. Perhaps his losses came before the surge in spending. Maybe he has a limitless supply of funds to spend on this game... Maybe he'll be able to do that every season... Maybe you can too... How much CAN you spend? How much are you WILLING to spend?

I find it interesting that while I HAD tokens, the "assistant manager" didn't have too many players to suggest. When I don't have tokens and would need to therefore BUY some more... season altering players become available... for NO MONEY... just tokens. Think about that for a minute...oh, ok, I'll help you:

IF THE PLAYERS SUGGESTED BY THE ASSISTANT MANAGER ONLY COST TOKENS, THEN ANYONE WITH ENOUGH REAL MONEY CAN BECOME A TOP MANAGER. THE MANAGER WHO BENEFITS FROM THESE "SUGGESTIONS" NEEDN'T HAVE BUILT ANY KIND OF STADIUM, HE NEEDN'T HAVE MANAGED HIS FINANCES (ticket prices/bonuses); HE ONLY NEEDS TO BE WILLING TO SPEND REAL MONEY.

So, are you? Willing to spend real money?
    Last edited by St0rmbringer; 12-29-2015 at 06:14 PM. Reason: Picture
    Didier_Drogba likes this.

Rookie
    you dont need to spend money if you dont want to. yes, i do drop money on the game from time to time, but there is a way to get your guys built up w/o having to spend cash. granted, it takes time, and a willingness to grind out the effort. make sure you have fast trainers, watch all the videos available (i think its about 100 videos per day. make sure to build up money,rests, and medical), and farm out the tokens. i only do token farming on the weekends, but you can get yourself 20 or more tokens each day.

Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by St0rmbringer View Post
    OR... SPEND your money. Consider the following manager...

A level 9 manager playing in the same Champions League as me. At level 9, a six-star player is a 65-quality player. Please note that the manager pictured has EIGHT world-class players (7 stars = 70-quality or higher) on the field, and one on the bench. Do you have ANY IDEA how many tokens that would cost? Go use the Personal Trainer option on any of your players... He went and got 22(?) scout players and then had a personal trainer get 9 of them to world-class level?

My team is pretty good but how do I compete with somebody who is able to spend that kind of money? It's no surprise that the manager pictured is #1 in his league, What IS surprising is that he's only 10-0-5. Perhaps his losses came before the surge in spending. Maybe he has a limitless supply of funds to spend on this game... Maybe he'll be able to do that every season... Maybe you can too... How much CAN you spend? How much are you WILLING to spend?

I find it interesting that while I HAD tokens, the "assistant manager" didn't have too many players to suggest. When I don't have tokens and would need to therefore BUY some more... season altering players become available... for NO MONEY... just tokens. Think about that for a minute...oh, ok, I'll help you:

IF THE PLAYERS SUGGESTED BY THE ASSISTANT MANAGER ONLY COST TOKENS, THEN ANYONE WITH ENOUGH REAL MONEY CAN BECOME A TOP MANAGER. THE MANAGER WHO BENEFITS FROM THESE "SUGGESTIONS" NEEDN'T HAVE BUILT ANY KIND OF STADIUM, HE NEEDN'T HAVE MANAGED HIS FINANCES (ticket prices/bonuses); HE ONLY NEEDS TO BE WILLING TO SPEND REAL MONEY.

So, are you? Willing to spend real money?
    well... i don't even spend any money...i can do/get better then that...my 15 seven stars and all the rest 6 stars half way to 7 star...all you need is to get fast trainer and plan where you invest (on what you have on your hand...) the sad point is to give up the CUP...cause if not too many token to spend...you can't sell most of your top players at the end of the season and rebuild the team at the beginning of the next season....that lead to you draw with some "cheat" selling team in high LV....