Thread: I Can't Get Players

I Can't Get Players

My squad can't compete in this league. After last season everyone dropped one star so now the majority of my players are now one stars with only four-five players that are two or three stars. I had almost forty coins when I decided to start bidding for players. At the end all I have now is 9 and got no players out of it. It seems like people on TE have like two hundred coins and won't stop bidding. And with three of my players injured, I'm pretty much screwed this season. So if anyone has any idea on how to get decent players fast, I'd like to hear. Or give me tips on how to win players.

Here's what I basic do. I wait until the last second until I use a coin so I don't endlessly spend coins trying to be number one on the bidding charts. I thought that way, no one will realize I 1-up them. However, that lead to no avail and I still get outbidded trying to manage my coin count. What I aim for is to raise a team of young players and make it so they'll all on the same skill level. That way, once they're middle-aged, they'll be at their prime and lead me or a cup title or league title at least. Last season, I placed third which I deem pretty decent.

What level are you? Level 2?

Give us a screenshot of your transfer market, or describe it. If you have very few 5* or even 4* players, then you are on a newer server, and you're at the top level, or near the top level. Any good players that come up will draw huge bidding wars.

If it's not that, then it's the time you make your bids. Probably the best time to make bids is just after daily maintenance, about an hour and 10 minutes after this post. Place your first bid very early on in the initial round. Some users are reluctant to join in if someone has already bid on the player. You can bid in the last second during the knockout rounds.

For me, I spend the most 3T on any player. I do exactly what I said above, bid very early in the initial round. Most of the time, I will get the player for just that 1T. If someone else bids, they might think I have gone offline during the knockout rounds, since I made my bid so early, so I can nip in at the last second and steal the player. Usually if there is more than one other bidder, I will not even try in the first knockout round, but I tried that twice this season and got the player both times against two other bidders, one of them also bid very early, the other bid at the last second in the initial round.
    Last edited by Potemy; 03-12-2013 at 02:17 AM.
    God Bless!

Trinity FC, Level 17
    - Malaysian team
    - Never bought tokens

League
    Champions (10) - Seasons 1, 2, 4, 6, 7, 8, 10, 11, 12, 15
    Runners up (5) - Seasons 3, 5, 9, 14, 16
    Third place (1) - Season 13

Champions League
    Champions (2) - Seasons 6, 12
    Runners up (1) - Season 3
    Third place (4) - Seasons 5, 13, 14, 15

Cup
    Best placing: Quarter-Finals/Last 8
    - Season 16, Level 16, Level 23 Cup

Apprentice
    Bidding player is very crucial for this game. From my observation, there is peak hour and low hour of player transfer. I live in malaysia, +8GMT. You will have less bidder during low hour. I got my 5* GK with only one token! The low hour is from 12pm to 6pm.

I'm from Malaysia too, I usually start hunting for players right after daily maintenance, around 11.20am local time.
    God Bless!

Trinity FC, Level 17
    - Malaysian team
    - Never bought tokens

League

Champions League

Cup

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Potemy View Post
    I'm from Malaysia too, I usually start hunting for players right after daily maintenance, around 11.20am local time.
    Definitely yes! We bid the player when others are sleeping :-P

Banned
    Hunting players after daily maintenance. For me, the best time to hunting is around 12.30-13.00 (GMT+7). I often got many *5 players transfer list. Before that time, I just got *3 or *4 players transfer list. As said above, you can get good players by 1 or 2 tokens.

What I do in these circumstances is to buy really young players and train them, by match or exercices, until they get old and kinda weak for my team. A player usually lasts from 2 to 5 levels at most in this case. My team rarely changes players and I still have players from season 1 playing as starting 11 until now. (level 5).

So pretty much either bid immidiately after maintenance or during the night. And if you're bitting against more than one player, then drop. And never spend more than 3 tokens on a player. Well, crap. No, I'm only level 3 right now, but at the beginning of the season, people were bidding like crazy. :S Here are some screenshots:

Current Squad I Can't Get Players-top-eleven-squad.jpg
    Auction House w/ current bids $ cash I Can't Get Players-auction-house.jpg

Hold on, what are you doing bidding for 3* players? If you never see anything better, that means you're already at the top level of your server. Noone will sell their better players, 4* or 5*, and even 3* will draw pretty long bidding wars.
    God Bless!

Trinity FC, Level 17
    - Malaysian team
    - Never bought tokens

League

Champions League

Cup

I live in a GMT+1 area
    and the best time for bidding is between 6:00 and 7:30

once I was out of tokens and I saw someone getting a 5 stars 21 years-old striker for 1 token ..

right now I raised 49 tokens and am planning to buy more than 12 players ..
    I neglected my team due to other things in life, and I promote every season but the team is weakening ..
    so, I hope I can get what I want ..