Thread: Really young, alright player versus older, superb player

Rookie

Really young, alright player versus older, superb player

Came across this purely unwanted dichotomy a few days ago, after the signing of Adama Guédé, then-4*-now-3* (20) 29-year-old DL and DC. He wasn't exactly expensive, and as he was only level 20, not too many people in the second season would go after him. They were kind of wrong, as, even though A. Guédé's overall is 20, his Defensive skills average at 33.8, which was scout at the time, and is now Excellent (Yeah, I know, his attack and Phy+Men are really low (13.8 and 14 respectively)).

He was had to replace one of my players. Admittedly, I didn't need a defender right now, as my 3-man defence was great, "Very Good"-grade by themselves. Well, this guy's defensive skills were much better, so I replaced him with Rubén Báez, a Paraguayan, then-3*-now-2* (19) 20-year-old player. He, at 20, still has his whole life ahead of him, and, as he's been with the club ever since he was 18 back in L1/S1, I know that he is a real SP-farm. Every match is 2 SP, whether his name is in the comments or not. I thought that would mean that he would upgrade faster and faster, and I want him to upgrade faster and faster, but against A. Guédé, man, I don't know who I should put in defence.

Other Players in the defense are:
    -T. Farkas (3* - 21)
    -S. Cowan (4* - 28)

wat do? Guédé or Báez?
    Exeter FC - Season 2 (21.5)

Past 5 games: W - W - W - W -W

League:
    Season 1 - 7th (someone should have warned me about illegal formations earlier!)
    Season 2 - 5th (yeah, err, yeah. See above.)
    Season 3 - currently 2nd

If you're sure that you can have your young player stay at least 2 seasons with you, then use him. And try checking the average match rating and statistiques for who performs better. Third option is to place the three of them on bench and buy a better one =D
    I have many players from season 1 playing till now (season 5) and their stats are really impressive. My fast trainer ST was 19 at season 1 with a 15 of quality so I trained him till now and he's now quality 33 League top scorer, rated and assiter. He's one of the weakest in the team at the moment but his experience with the club has made him a pro player.
    So it's up to you for who to make play. I'd go for a new dr age 18 if possible and I'll leave him for few seasons.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Jad Assaf View Post
    If you're sure that you can have your young player stay at least 2 seasons with you, then use him. And try checking the average match rating and statistiques for who performs better. Third option is to place the three of them on bench and buy a better one =D
    I have many players from season 1 playing till now (season 5) and their stats are really impressive. My fast trainer ST was 19 at season 1 with a 15 of quality so I trained him till now and he's now quality 33 League top scorer, rated and assiter. He's one of the weakest in the team at the moment but his experience with the club has made him a pro player.
    So it's up to you for who to make play. I'd go for a new dr age 18 if possible and I'll leave him for few seasons.
    I'm just going to train the young guy on hard training whenever I can, and wait till he is 3* or 4*. Thanks.

As a matter of fact, now that you mention it, I recently did go about on a shopping spree to buy a defender aged 19. He's down at the bottom of the team list and I forgot him, well, because on his first match, in the first half, he got injured.
    Exeter FC - Season 2 (21.5)

Past 5 games: W - W - W - W -W

League:
    Season 1 - 7th (someone should have warned me about illegal formations earlier!)
    Season 2 - 5th (yeah, err, yeah. See above.)
    Season 3 - currently 2nd

Quote Originally Posted by Stafford View Post
    I'm just going to train the young guy on hard training whenever I can, and wait till he is 3* or 4*. Thanks.

As a matter of fact, now that you mention it, I recently did go about on a shopping spree to buy a defender aged 19. He's down at the bottom of the team list and I forgot him, well, because on his first match, in the first half, he got injured.
    Ouch bad luck =P