Like Tree5Likes
  • 5 Post By nikolgiorgos

Thread: Some tips for a new player

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar

Some tips for a new player

Some tips for a new player (it's for a friend who asked some questions)

Some tips for a new player who doesn’t buy Tokens and can’t do farming.
    The new player must like the game, he is active (meaning log in almost every day) and want to be competitive.

This way of playing is called 35T – meaning sign the contract with 1T every day, plus an extra T every 4 days.
    This is the best contract of the game for everyone.
    Also (later) chose the short sponsorship contract (weekly or daily) to earn more money.
    Find many friends to exchange the four gifts every day.
    Find the “quite” hour of your server so can buy at that time.
    Find the busy hour of your server and sell there (if there are many European/Middle East managers, try to sell in the afternoon of their GMT). Friday-Saturday-Sunday noon/evening are the best time for selling.

Don’t bother at all with academy players.
    They T juniors not worth the Tokens you must pay, the non T are only for sign and sell.
    In lvs 1-2 unfortunately that can't help because you don’t have many levels above to sell them as 5* players.
    So it’s worthy for lv 3 and above.
    Don’t bother with young fast trainers. They are expensive and it’s worthy if you have many extra sources (red & green packs) to feed them.
    Try this after few levels.
    Don’t bother with special abilities. They don’t help much.
    Don’t spend skill points to give sa to your players.
    You ‘ll find out later.
    When you begin the game, you ‘ll have a young expensive player. Sell him and with the money you can buy 3 5* players 30 y.o.
    After lv2, free agents (buy and sell) it's the easier way to get money. But don't spend over 2T in the auction. * be careful not to buy an olde guy (over 30 y.o.) who 's gonna retire next season.
    Don’t try to buy young players and keep them for many seasons. It’s useless.
    5* player, old school - This is your main target.
    Better buy a 30 .y.o. player than go in a bidding war for a 26-27 y.o. . Both gonna last about the same. 1 year as 5* player , a second year as 4* and maybe later as 5* (from participations or MoM).
    So every 2 seasons you ‘re gonna rotate your team with old guys 4 or 5* players.
    If a player still playing good as 3* player, keep him for another 1-2 seasons – but not have your team full of those 3* players (only 1-2 really good).
    You can’t go far with a 3* team.
    For some positions, try to buy players with two positions
    f.e. buy a DC-DR ,not a DR, buy a ML-AML or AML-AMC, not a ML
    Don’t use DML-DMR, their formations aren’t much useful and you can save some positions.

You can stay in the same league for one season. This is called tanking.
    Maybe it’s better to stay in the same league than qualifying as 6th or 7th.
    Try to go in the next lv, by qualifying in the CH.L. too.

Always check the quality of the players, not only the stars. A 4* player with q24 it’s the same with a 5* player, quality 25.
    Reading a lot about the game in forum posts, will help you a lot.
    Also very important is formation and tactics section. There is no best or magic formation. I always use different – depending from my oppo formation.
    With a team of 5*-4* (any age) and good coaching/formation , you can win 90% of your rivals (maybe not all of them but every one of them).
    I have a strong team (buying and farming a little) but I was participating in a 35T league with friends. I came third in the league and was in the semi finals of CH.L.
    Another friend from there (also 35T) won the league and the CH.L.

• All those above, is a general rule, idea – always there are exceptions.
    Last edited by nikolgiorgos; 05-13-2015 at 05:15 PM.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Hi Nikolgiorgos,

Thanks for sharing these tips.
    As a relatively new player (lvl2) I'm quite proud of my squad now consisting out of some handsome young players, who I plan to train and keep for +-6 seasons. They can grow with me in the lower leagues and earn me some money when I sell them with some seasons left in them...
    But reading your post, that might not have been such a good idea..

Can you explain a little more why you write it's a bad idea to buy them young?

If you want to have a competitive team (going for league and CH.L.), you must have a quality around 5* (at least the main squad of 11).
    Those players you have, if you are a 35T player, in two seasons they 'll be 3* players.
    You can't keep a high 5* q of a player without spending extra sources (greens and reds).
    But you need that for keeping the condition of the players and for injuries, which is the most frustrating issue of the game.
    You can keep maybe a couple of players, also you can have 2-3 3* players if they are performing good, but this plan of yours is really impossible.
    Also, not all the young players are fast trainers but only few, the most expensive ones.
    So, instead of buying a young player 18-22, who is attractive to many bidders, with those money, you can buy 3 5* players 30 y.o.
    If 2 of them are playing good, it was a good management move.
    Young or old, fast or slow trainer, with a special ability or not, scout/list player or a junior from academy, all the players have the same possibility to perform good or bad in your team.
    So this idea/plan it's not good - exception is tanking.
    Only wealthy teams can hold for many seasons the same players in a high quality.

But there is no problem with that.
    The team is more important
    Last edited by nikolgiorgos; 05-14-2015 at 08:51 PM.

Hi Nik,

I like your advices, but I would like to ask you a question. What are your advices for players like me, who has about 100 T for season.

Thank you!

lol
    I don't know how to play for every scenario of the game.
    I 've played so far as a 35T team
    - a wealthy team (buying and farming)
    - and my second team (little farming) but didn't care much about it.

If your talking about only for extra T but no extra sources (greens & reds), I would follow the strategy with a 35T player
    - but with saving my T for 3-4 seasons, one season, I would buy 3-4 scout/list players and go for the double or the treble.

Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post
    lol
    I don't know how to play for every scenario of the game.
    I 've played so far as a 35T team
    - a wealthy team (buying and farming)
    - and my second team (little farming) but didn't care much about it.

If your talking about only for extra T but no extra sources (greens & reds), I would follow the strategy with a 35T player
    - but with saving my T for 3-4 seasons, one season, I would buy 3-4 scout/list players and go for the double or the treble.
    Thank you for your answer Nik!

In my country it is not many opportunities for farming, so I buy 80 T for the season + 35Т = 115Т (I think many players do just that) and I looking for the best strategy development of my team.

Thank you again!

Rookie
    Firstly I think you must use a good formation on your team. After that for your first steps in the game, you can buy free players because they are cheap! Next season sell the players, get the money, and buy new young players with 4 or 5 stars. But the most important think is to have the right formation ti your squad.

Hello guys. I'm new in this game about a week bit I spent enough time everyday.
    Any suggestions for 2-3 good formations?

4-5-1V
    4-4-2 narrow diamond
    4-4-2

also read this
    http://forum.topeleven.com/tutorials...ics-guide.html

and visit the Greek forum too
    μιλάμε Ελληνικά εκεί