Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By pcmacdaniel

Thread: About passing stats

About passing stats

Hey coaches, i have a question about passing stats while we watch the team play the game. Are you severally watch to passing stats and makes a decision to change the passing style based on that? If the answer is yes, if you don't mind, please give the reason why're you do that?

Quote Originally Posted by Adonara SC View Post
    Hey coaches, i have a question about passing stats while we watch the team play the game. Are you severally watch to passing stats and makes a decision to change the passing style based on that? If the answer is yes, if you don't mind, please give the reason why're you do that?
    I usually do, though there are theories that it's not all that relevant.

My usual strategy is mixed as it suits my play style & formation. I switch it to short if my stats are less less than 85 &/or my possession is lower. I rarely go long - haven't found it to be particularly effective.

But it's still situational - I usually make other changes too, depending on how the match is going - passing focus, offside trap & all that. Also, I usually ignore the Assistant manager. If something's working, stick with it. If it's not, make a change.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by Adonara SC View Post
    yes, I severally watch passing stats. I don't make a decision to change passing stats based upon that though; but will make a decision to change mentality based upon that. If opponent has high completion %, he's passing short, so I know not to park the bus. If he has a low completion percentage, he's bombing long balls, so I know not to attack and press high, since the long balls will reach his strikers with my defenders pressing up the pitch out of position.
    LarryC likes this.
    Level 40 Manager

Thank you mate. I'll focus on that stat to make some changes after this.

Quote Originally Posted by Palash Mitra View Post
    I usually do, though there are theories that it's not all that relevant.

My usual strategy is mixed as it suits my play style & formation. I switch it to short if my stats are less less than 85 &/or my possession is lower. I rarely go long - haven't found it to be particularly effective.

But it's still situational - I usually make other changes too, depending on how the match is going - passing focus, offside trap & all that. Also, I usually ignore the Assistant manager. If something's working, stick with it. If it's not, make a change.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Wow!! You have a great analysis about football manager through this game mate.

Quote Originally Posted by pcmacdaniel View Post
    yes, I severally watch passing stats. I don't make a decision to change passing stats based upon that though; but will make a decision to change mentality based upon that. If opponent has high completion %, he's passing short, so I know not to park the bus. If he has a low completion percentage, he's bombing long balls, so I know not to attack and press high, since the long balls will reach his strikers with my defenders pressing up the pitch out of position.