Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Continued problem with bots/unManaged teams

Rookie

Continued problem with bots/unManaged teams

I really thought that after the latest update the days of over powered BOTs and unattended teams would be over. But man was I wrong. I lost 7 games and had 4 draws in all comps last season and ALL OF THEM were against teams that were unmanaged. Against managed teams i did just fine as i had a strong team and smart formations. I feel that Nordeus either cant figure out what's wrong with their algorithm or are really taking the piss because losing to a bot team thats 15% inferior with a ****ed formation doesnt make any sense. Once or twice, maybe, but nowadays i'm afraid of attending any match.

Surely this has to be a priority concern for Nordeus? Long story short, i'm curious if the rest of you are still having issues with OP bots and otherwise just weird results against unmananged teams? I do enjoy the game but after last season where i missed out on any honours because i had 3 un managed crap teams to **** the bed against, i may have to give it a miss.

Cheers

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    bots/unManaged teams
    what exactly do you mean by that ?
    Normal , descent quality teams of 5* players (playing in their positions , in a normal formation), where the managers aren't present ?

or abandoned teams with 3* veteran players to cover the 14th squad ?
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Rookie
    Unfortunately this last month both unmanaged teams and abandoned teams. When i have a suspicion that a team has gone unmanaged for a long time i check out their previous matches looking for substitutions, formation changes and introduction of new players. I will even sit in on one of their games to see if they are attending. All but one of the unmanaged teams i suffered a poor result from didn't have any indication of management the entire season. In fact the team i lost the Cup Final to was a bizarre squad full of 3-4 star 30+ year olds and a few very high quality 18 year olds. I believe he was around 101% quality whilst i was 118%. He bulldozed through a bunch of really high quality clubs to reach the final as well. It just didnt add up that he would just float to the final without any poor results and no adjustment to his squad the entire campaign.

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    Last season I played with a lot of low quality teams (3*-4*) and won them all.
    No troll result.

Against some not active teams, if I can, I start watching the game from my 2nd account and then if it's ok I log in.
    Good anti-trolling system.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Rookie
    So just was assigned my league for this season and 7 of the clubs i have never heard of before and all of them either have a rating of 100% or 101%. Its either an incredible coincidence or these are bots or maybe click farm managed sides. There are three team that I recognise from seasons past who were once really good but are now really poor. I can tell they are legit unmanaged teams. I'll let you all know how I go against these 7 obviously fabricated sides.

It seems that just a few months ago bot teams would just pick up abandoned, low rated squads. I used to face a lot of team that were 80% or less but now it seems only the recently unmanaged teams are below 80% at the start of the season. Like literally most of the under 80% teams I see nowadays are the ones that used to be top competition but have since quit. All these 100% teams have ZERO honours from the previous season, which is pretty damned weird considering that means they must've been 120% by the end of the previous season. No honours, not even a 2nd or 3rd place for any of them. DODGY!

You observe that as well?

Quote Originally Posted by CobhArsenalFC
    ...powered BOTs and unattended teams...
    Are there really "Bot-Teams"? Under the term "Bot" I do understand an AI-Player which does act under certain programmed conditions with specific algorithms (without any active support from a human player). An inactive team (and therefore "unattended team") ist just there as a placeholder and therefore not a Bot. Or do we mean the same things?

Quote Originally Posted by CobhArsenalFC
    All these 100% teams have ZERO honours from the previous season, which is pretty damned weird considering that means they must've been 120% by the end of the previous season. No honours, not even a 2nd or 3rd place for any of them. DODGY!
    Well, maybe the did not promote and therefore don't have any seasonal achievements and no quality drop. It does take some time until a team is so old that the quality is dropping significantly. If the teams are only inactive for two-five seasons and their players were quite young, there would be no drastic loss in quality.

Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos
    Against some not active teams, if I can, I start watching the game from my 2nd account and then if it's ok I log in.
    Good anti-trolling system.
    I wanted to try this approach but creating a second facebook account for my second team gave me a headache. So there will be at least not in the near future a second team. But yeah, I have a feeling that sometimes it is not better to attend a certain match. My "worst" two matches so far this season were against only 35% teams while I had 104%. I won, so it wasn't a problem but I was wondering, why it was so hard to score just a few goals. While my match against a 85% CL-opponent went smoothly and at the end I won with a 8:0 score. Maybe my tactics were wrong, but there seems to be a trend playing poor against these weak and probably inactive teams.

Rookie
    Thanks for the thoughtful reply. You're absolutely right about the team quality level. Ever since I started playing i've acheived promotion each season so didnt account for the fact there is no quality loss if you remain in the same division.

Yeah the buffing of non attending teams is a real bummer. Happened again yesterday where i lost a cup tie and a league match against inferior unattended teams. It just sucks that given the thought and consideration we put in training, formation and squad composition that we have to strongly consider not participating in the product that we spent so much time on. If making in match tactical changes is going to be a punishable offense than whats the whole point of this game besides just being another text based management simulator??
    Niddhoeggr likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by CobhArsenalFC View Post
    Thanks for the thoughtful reply. You're absolutely right about the team quality level. Ever since I started playing i've acheived promotion each season so didnt account for the fact there is no quality loss if you remain in the same division.

Yeah the buffing of non attending teams is a real bummer. Happened again yesterday where i lost a cup tie and a league match against inferior unattended teams. It just sucks that given the thought and consideration we put in training, formation and squad composition that we have to strongly consider not participating in the product that we spent so much time on. If making in match tactical changes is going to be a punishable offense than whats the whole point of this game besides just being another text based management simulator??
    Yes, unfortunately I have the feeling that the more time you do spend to manage your team and simultaneously be really active as well, the more you get punished (league, CL, Cup draws and attendance for example).

But yeah, I am a quite new player in this game but already got accustomed to these (in my opinion) flaws and I do have fun playing this game or at least I am focusing on some aspects which I find interesting and motivating.

Would nevertheless it would be nice to have a little more insight into the game mechanics. Or just get a little more feedback to know, what could have gone wrong. Because sometimes manager's do wrong or at least not very good decisions. I can understand that you are right now frustrated or want do get some answers and I would feel the same in your position. Happily I only got maybe 2-4 "troll results" in my career and don't really count them because they did not have any impact on the outcome. Maybe some more experienced managers here in the forum got some answers but I usually think that I did an error concerning formation, tactics etc. and it does help me to stay feeling comfortable within the game. I know it does sound strange, but rather than looking for an external explanation I just think that I did something wrong and yeah, it does help me to stay focused and motivated and while looking for some answers I have learned a lot by roaming this forum and therefore improving my tactics etc.

Sorry for the offtopics at the end of my posting. But, please feel free to post some other strange outcomes or occurrences. I will gladly post mine here as well so we and maybe the community can exchange ourselves.

Best,
    Nidd

Double posting
    Last edited by Niddhoeggr; 08-24-2017 at 02:57 PM. Reason: Double posting, please delete (sorry)

Rookie
    So check this out. Lost my 1st cup leg to a 10% lesser unmanaged team 2-1. Just played the 2nd leg a few minutes ago and again started unmanaged. Even with my formation, player quality and arrows really putting the pressure on his weakest defenders it was 1-1 and player ratings didnt look like they were going to go in my favour. Near halftime the manager turned up and within moments he went to bits. His player ratings dropped and he ended up conceding 6 more goals!

I'm happy for the win but I honestly feel that i wouldnt have overturned that 1st leg if his team remained unmanaged. Scary, game breaking stuff surely.
    Niddhoeggr likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast