Thread: How to beat 3N-1-2-2-2 Hexagon?

How to beat 3N-1-2-2-2 Hexagon?

Guys, I have a match in with someone in a must win game to advance group stages of the Champions League.

This guy already defeated me once away 4-2 (actually it was 3-0 at half time). He played like this.
    --DC-DC-DC--
    ------DMC------
    ---MC---MC---
    -AML---AMR-
    ----ST---ST----

He completely bamboozled me in the midfield. My defenders couldn't handle his through balls from the two CMs. I had approached him with my own. 4-(DML-DC-DC-DMR)-2(MC)-2(AML-AMR)-2 hexagon going down at both his wings, defensive, and mixed/long passes and tried catching him on the counter. But it failed miserably. Please help me.!!!

My Attacking midfielders are good and wingbacks are decent too. I was too worried about his very very compact 3 man defnce and a DMC ahead cutting the space off the center and hence was not in favour of single striker. Should I take chance with one striker and go with 4-5-1 V style so that my central midfielders get cover if they are run through??? He also has too many tall men with more on strength attribute than me who can play physical and can catch me on set-pieces as he did with 4th goal.
    Last edited by Babar; 10-22-2017 at 08:49 PM.

Famous
    4-5-1V should destroy him. Play on flanks. But what is the quality status between the 2 teams ?
    Club: FC Lomagne

Level: 33

Current Season (44): League (ON STRIKE), CL (N/A), Cup (In - Quarter-Finals)

Previous Season: League (11th), CL (Final), Cup (Last 16)

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by Babar View Post
    Guys, I have a match in with someone in a must win game to advance group stages of the Champions League.

This guy already defeated me once away 4-2 (actually it was 3-0 at half time). He played like this.
    --DC-DC-DC--
    ------DMC------
    ---MC---MC---
    -AML---AMR-
    ----ST---ST----

He completely bamboozled me in the midfield. My defenders couldn't handle his through balls from the two CMs. I had approached him with my own. 4-(DML-DC-DC-DMR)-2(MC)-2(AML-AMR)-2 hexagon going down at both his wings, defensive, and mixed/long passes and tried catching him on the counter. But it failed miserably. Please help me.!!!

My Attacking midfielders are good and wingbacks are decent too. I was too worried about his very very compact 3 man defnce and a DMC ahead cutting the space off the center and hence was not in favour of single striker. Should I take chance with one striker and go with 4-5-1 V style so that my central midfielders get cover if they are run through??? He also has too many tall men with more on strength attribute than me who can play physical and can catch me on set-pieces as he did with 4th goal.
    You need at least 3 defenders, or you will incur a large penalty from the game engine. DML and DMR don't count as defenders for this calculation.

If you want to keep the DML and DMR on the pitch, add a 3rd DC and run a 3n-2w-2n-2w-1 "Butterfly".

If you choose to run a DL and DR, 4-5-1v style, 4-3n-2w-1 or 4-2n-2w-2 hexagon.
    Level 40 Manager