Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how to counter 4-5-1 V (what is the best formation)

Rookie

how to counter 4-5-1 V (what is the best formation)

ok i have seen a topic about 4-5-1V and there are 3 formations to counter it :

4-3-2-1

This is 4-5-1 V-style's brother. It takes advantage of not using a DMC who won't be blocking an nonexistent AMC and vice verse. This translates into a more powerful midfield to feed passes to the forward players.

--------------ST-------------
    AML-------------------AMR
    ------MC----MC----MC----
    ------------------------------
    DL(UP)--DC--DC---DR(UP)

Motivated 4-5-1 flat.

While an unmotivated 4-5-1 flat would probably succumb to a 4-5-1 V-style, you can take advantage of that and make the opponent underestimate you. He'll probably realize that his flanks are under constant attack after a few goals.

----------------ST------------------
    -------------------------------------
    ML(UP)--MC--MC--MC--MR(UP)
    -------------------------------------
    DL(UP)-----DC---DC-----DR(UP)

3-2-2-2-1

While you don't need more than 1 or 2 DC's against 4-5-1 V, you don't want to use an illegal formation. The extra DC acts as a sweeper, DML/DMR block the attacks from the flanks, and AML/AMR attack the soft flanks.

----------------ST---------------
    AML------------------------AMR
    -----------MC-----MC-----------
    DML------------------------DMR
    ----DC(UP)DC(DOWN)DC(UP)-

well, what is the best formation of all 3 ? i have players that can play any of this 3 formations and i'm just curious what is your experience with countering 4-5-1v, what is the best formation to counter it, orders... ? thanks a lot !

Rookie

While you don't need more than 1 or 2 DC's against 4-5-1 V, you don't want to use an illegal formation. The extra DC acts as a sweeper, DML/DMR block the attacks from the flanks, and AML/AMR attack the soft flanks.

i just replied to that in another post yesterday mate ..
    my team @ http://forum.topeleven.com/team-show...ears-fc-2.html
    League : winner (S1, S2, S3, S6, S7) , runner up (S4*, S5*) * was in holiday away
    CL: Winner (S4, S7), runner up (S2, S3, S5, S6)
    Cup: Winner (S3)

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by shwanko07 View Post
    i just replied to that in another post yesterday mate ..
    sorry, next time i'll look better. his tactics changed and now it isn't 4 5 1 v, he just put MC instead of DMC so he's playing wide 4 3 2 1, do i still play butterfly and which orderds ? thanks

I think 3W-5-2 flat or 3W-5-2 V possibly be the formation to use to play against 4-5-1 V, You've only 1 striker to defend against.
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by July Fourth View Post
    I think 3W-5-2 flat or 3W-5-2 V possibly be the formation to use to play against 4-5-1 V, You've only 1 striker to defend against.
    but it isn't 451v it is 4 3 2 1 wide(3 mc's-aml amr). please, answer quickly. i'm playing in 8 minutes !

Rookie
    yeah, thanks that was on time !!!

Rookie
    ok, now i'm confused, the result was 1-1 and today i'm playing away, so i need a win or at least 1-1 to go to extra time. what formation and orders would you play ? my quality is better by 1 or 2... should i play defensive on counter ? his formation is 4-5-1 v
    i should mention that his DL is 29, and DR 31, and AMR 31 also. so, that are his weak players, i don't have any, so i could maybe take advantage of it ?
    Last edited by realmadridzg; 03-02-2013 at 12:48 PM.

Rookie
    well, what's the use of this forum when i need to wait 3 days for a simple question ?!
    Last edited by realmadridzg; 03-02-2013 at 04:04 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast