Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can a team play without MCs? Legal?

Apprentice

Can a team play without MCs? Legal?

Is it legal for a team to play with no MC or ML/MR? For example the formation below:

---------ST----------
    ---AMC------AMC-----
    ----------------------
    ---DMC-DMC-DMC-----
    DL--DC-------DC--DR-

Super Moderator PricopGeorgeCătălin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Ramsey Tiong View Post
    Is it legal for a team to play with no MC or ML/MR? For example the formation below:

---------ST----------
    ---AMC------AMC-----
    ----------------------
    ---DMC-DMC-DMC-----
    DL--DC-------DC--DR-
    Yes he can play nobody can stop him but I doubt that he will have good ball possesion
    Orlova FC - onForum - LIKE Orlova FC - onYoutube - SUBSCRIBE Orlova FC - onFacebook

Apprentice
    Thank you, Pricop. There's still 5 midfielders in the team, though, or are MCs the best for possession? Planning to play long balls. How would you make a slight adjustment to the formation so that I don't get dominated too badly in terms of possession?

As long he's playing like that I don't think you should have problem with possesion, try to check statistics from he's last games how it was he's ball possesion?
    Orlova FC - onForum - LIKE Orlova FC - onYoutube - SUBSCRIBE Orlova FC - onFacebook

Apprentice
    No, I'm the one who is planning to play this type of formation, CL semi final, Chelsea style. xD

I've changed it now to a 4-3-1-2, MC row still empty. Opponent has a normal 4-3-1-2 at the moment, DMC row empty. He has a few 6 stars in his starting 11, I have none, but most of my players close to the peak of 5 star range.

@Aaron Ramsey Tiong , normaly possesion should come the most from middfielders so if you play without them I think you will have big problems with possesion, I saw sometime ago like that in CL and I beated him kinda bad and he had better players then he switched with 1 MC (before he didn't got) then he's possesion grow up a bit. I still think you shouldn't play without or with less then 2 middfielders.

Apprentice
    Well, I played two CL matches with 4-2-1-2-1 against similar strength teams and won 5-0. I'll try that again maybe, or 4-2-1-1-2.

Rookie
    no MC and even no wing = he give you the mid.So u just have to put 3 player in mid and 3 DC is enough(obviously if his player can not possess the ball no reason 4 u to put heavy def ),the rest is up 2 u

Apprentice
    Once again, I was the one who played that formation, and you two were right, it seems to be illegal. My possession improved dramatically when I took out a DMC for an MC in the first half.

Yes you can. In fact my favorite formation currently looks like this.

------ST--------ST------
    ALM-----------------ARM
    ----------------------MR
    ----------DMC-----------
    DL----DC-DC-DC---------

Looks goofy as heck, but I've got good attacking guys on both flanks and use that strategy combined with really good strikers. I've been popping out goals like they are hot cakes, and the three DCs, and the DMC means I still have decent coverage in the middle. What I learned from experience you can't do is put three guys on either flank.
    Last edited by Stars FC; 12-12-2012 at 12:19 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast