Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By julien12
  • 1 Post By EastsiderSG

Thread: Counter Orders: what do you do when you think your opponent is doing X?

Rookie

Counter Orders: what do you do when you think your opponent is doing X?

There are many threads and posts on counter formations but what about counter orders? For example, If your opponent is playing Defensive/Short/with Counter Attacks on what orders would you give your team (assuming already that your formation is suitable)?

As another example, if I see my opponent is playing an attacking style (I see his defensive men directly joining the attack) I will of course play defensive with counter attack on.
    But...
    What orders do you give when your opponent starts defensive?
    ...heavy defensive mentality?
    What orders do you give when your opponent starts with counter attack on (usually goes with the defensive mentality above)?
    What orders do you give when your opponent starts with short passing on?
    ...with long passing?
    What orders do you give when your opponent starts with hard tackling on?
    When should you set to long passing?

I know it is not so easy to tell all of the above so any pointers or hints on how to recognize a given order are also welcome.
    Mostly I'd like to pick the collective brains on this forum so that when I watch a game I can give my team a better, not worse, chance of winning. Currently I feel like my team plays worse when I watch which is most likely due to the computer being better able to 'read’ the other team and counter effectively.

What do you do?
    Anarşi likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by julien12 View Post
    There are many threads and posts on counter formations but what about counter orders? For example, If your opponent is playing Defensive/Short/with Counter Attacks on what orders would you give your team (assuming already that your formation is suitable)?

As another example, if I see my opponent is playing an attacking style (I see his defensive men directly joining the attack) I will of course play defensive with counter attack on.
    But...
    What orders do you give when your opponent starts defensive?
    ...heavy defensive mentality?
    What orders do you give when your opponent starts with counter attack on (usually goes with the defensive mentality above)?
    What orders do you give when your opponent starts with short passing on?
    ...with long passing?
    What orders do you give when your opponent starts with hard tackling on?
    When should you set to long passing?

I know it is not so easy to tell all of the above so any pointers or hints on how to recognize a given order are also welcome.
    Mostly I'd like to pick the collective brains on this forum so that when I watch a game I can give my team a better, not worse, chance of winning. Currently I feel like my team plays worse when I watch which is most likely due to the computer being better able to 'read’ the other team and counter effectively.

What do you do?
    I never bother about my opponents tactics and formations, preferring to stick to what my team is comfortable playing or I assume they are comfortable as I always play it Normal. Even very strong opponents I always start with normal and adjust accordingly. I usuallly adjust based on my stats. Not sure if you agree but this is what I do.

1) I switch to defensive if I really have a possession disadvantage which is almost never because of the 15 percent max support possession bonus.
    2) I start with short always and adjust passing based on accuracy stats. 81-82 I switch to Long, 83-84 I switch to mixed, anything else I leave it
    3) I always start with zonal against weak teams and man to man against equal or stronger teams. Weak to me is anything that shows that I am favourite (20 percent stronger)
    4) Offside trap I always turn on only when I switch to attacking which is usually against weak teams or out of desperation in the final third
    5) Honestly I hate playing counter attacking Football, it means I am at least 20 percent weaker if I play it. I would rather train than stay weak and play counter attacking. I store up a lot of greens for situations like these
    Iridensys likes this.