Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Max

Thread: Help! Against 4-3-3-0! A formation without ST????

Question Help! Against 4-3-3-0! A formation without ST????

I had a match with a guy using 4-3-3 formation. His squad was weaker than mine, but the interesting thing is he used a squad without ST.
    DL - DC - DC - DR
    ML - MC - MC
    AML - AMC - AMR
    At first I thought: "well it's gonna go easy". I chose 3-1-2-3-1 formation, with intention to control and pressing the midfield.
    And then, he gave me a draw match 1-1
    Did I do something wrong?

Max
    Quote Originally Posted by jacks109cao View Post
    I had a match with a guy using 4-3-3 formation. His squad was weaker than mine, but the interesting thing is he used a squad without ST.
    DL - DC - DC - DR
    ML - MC - MC
    AML - AMC - AMR
    At first I thought: "well it's gonna go easy". I chose 3-1-2-3-1 formation, with intention to control and pressing the midfield.
    Well, I am not the best with formations but I will do my best.

You see, players without an ST can do equally as well as players with them, the ST is not the most important role in my opinion, ST’s are more of a supportive role to your wingers but AMC’s do a similar job as well.

So by the looks of it, this is the formation you play right?

Ok, if so, I will show you the weakness, sorry if this looks confusing to you but I will explain it to you, the arrows are showing that your flanks are weak, the space can be exploited by the opponent’s AML/AMR. The Circle’s there show that you have no DL/DR, these could help you fend off the opponent’s wingers. So the AML/AMR could have exploited your flanks.

One good thing is you have a dmc and your opponent does not.

Your opponent has three players, in midfield, the 2 mc’s and the ml, whereas you have two midfield players so you are out numbered.

That is it really. I think it should help. That is where I think you went wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using by pressing the Reply button.

Arrow

Well, i'm sorry for not telling it clearly. I mean I didn't play with 3 DCs.
    I used 3W-1-2-3W-1:
    DL - - DC - - DR
    - DMC -
    - CM - CM -
    AML - AMC - AMR
    - ST -

Max

Help! Against 4-3-3-0! A formation without ST????

Well, i'm sorry for not telling it clearly. I mean I didn't play with 3 DCs.
    I used 3W-1-2-3W-1:
    DL - - DC - - DR
    - DMC -
    - CM - CM -
    AML - AMC - AMR
    - ST -
    Sorry, I wouldn’t be so sure anymore, I can’t pinpoint a problem with that one exactly, the first formation that was the wrong one you gave me by mistake had weaknesses, I honestly can’t pinpoint a problem with it.

I am thinking I would get it wrong with this one.

He has 3 midfield players and you have two so maybe he had better use of possession, this may be wrong.

The first formation you mentioned had obvious cracks, I cannot find any with the one you actually use.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Max; 04-04-2020 at 08:17 AM.
    jacks109cao likes this.

Apprentice
    DL - DC - DC - DR
    ML - MC - MC
    AML - AMC - AMR
    No you did nothing wrong. I don't try to find a logic in TE. Last season, I lost one match to a 32% team while I was 95% and then I won 10-0 the next time using the same formation. I happens to me one per season on average.

Max
    Quote Originally Posted by Grandef View Post
    No you did nothing wrong. I don't try to find a logic in TE. Last season, I lost one match to a 32% team while I was 95% and then I won 10-0 the next time using the same formation. I happens to me one per season on average.
    I agree with you now, the first formation he listed was wrong and had weaknesses, I could not spot a weakened here, maybe except he had no ML/MR, his opponent had one but I doubt that made any difference.

I lost an 88 game unbeaten streak to a mediocre 70% team and then I beat him 9-0 in the next game.

Sent from my iPhone using by pressing the Reply button.
    Last edited by Max; 04-04-2020 at 08:17 AM. Reason: Auto Prediction, got it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Grandef View Post
    Its quite a basic thing to judge opponents on their team% but you should never do that cause although their team looks weaks, their players might be good (for example he might had a 40% player but with crazy stats like having over a 100% at some places while having 1% at other places. Also you need to understand that there always that odd factor that for no reason u can lose or draw to a weaker opponent.
    Its often disapointing but you can only get use to that as it will happen countless times.