Thread: Multi position players - pro and cons

Multi position players - pro and cons

As the title say, what are the benefits of having multi position players(exept the fact that he can play on more position of course).
    We know that having multi position "unlock" more white skills... And that makes it easy to train our player!
    Lets Take for example the ML position (7 skills)... If we reach with a drill to a next star(like slalom driblle - 720 skill cap).... If we train him after pass, go and shoot he Will have Shooting like Grey skill... But if we add MC to The player the Shooting skill Will be white..!
    So its worth those 50 rest pack to add a new position?

For me is more of a con to have more white skills. It is harder to train certain attributes high, you need some grey skills for that. Because grey skills only grow at half the speed.
    So if you have for example 1on1 finishing on a striker with tackling as grey skill and dribbling and finishing as whites, you can train finishing and dribbling higher because tackling is grey and doesn't grow that much. If you now have ST AMC MC, which I see some people use players like this, it will be harder to train some attributes high.

In my opinion there are only a few position combinations, that make sense and that I like. Those are DC DMC, ML AML and MR AMR and ST AMC also ok for the tactical versatility it adds. Other combinations I avoid. My advise is to never mix outside and inside positions and also not more than 2 positions.

Addicted
    I agree with @Der_Ryan_M with regards to combining outside and inside positions. I'd add defensive and offensive positions to that as well (DR/MR). I also agree with his view regarding white vs grey skills but would like to add to it.

There's also the fact that many white skills require you to drastically increase the overall quality of your player, which will result in tougher draws. If you have players with one position, you can keep the grey skills low and the white skills very high while still maintaining a relative low overall quality, which is a good thing.

Another great advantage with multipositions is in game management. If your players at crucial positions have multiple positions, it'll make it easier for you to dictate a game without substitutions. It adds flexibility. But, as was said, there're only a few positions that requires multipositions. Which positions depends on your formation.

I play mostly 4-3-2-1 (AML/AMR). Depending on how a game develops, I might switch to 4-5-1v or 4-2-3-1 or 3-1-2-3-1 mostly. In order for me to manage that, I need the following multipositions:

AMC/ST (if you play with a false 9)
    ML/AML
    MR/AMR
    MC/AMC
    DMC/MC
    DC/DMC
    Last edited by Arphaxad; 06-02-2020 at 09:12 AM.
    Download my power training tool here https://forum.topeleven.com/tutorial...alculator.html

Ok, i was also on the ideea to have more then 1 position... But... Having more white skills why it require to increase to quality?... In the end the quality its The average of the Total 15 skills... So if u want to play him most of the time for example ML, i can add him MC and try to train him more like an ML(slalom driblle for ex) and even The other skills are white, i train them only when i need to!
    I agree with some position but what about DC/DR-DL, why not this??? Add just 2 skills... What about AMR/AMC?
    I think one of the worst combo would be ML-MR/MC.... Also i dont see DMC/MC a good combination(even tho' i did it ... I see the DMC, more like a defending position...

Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by H0lyBoy View Post
    Ok, i was also on the ideea to have more then 1 position... But... Having more white skills why it require to increase to quality?... In the end the quality its The average of the Total 15 skills... So if u want to play him most of the time for example ML, i can add him MC and try to train him more like an ML(slalom driblle for ex) and even The other skills are white, i train them only when i need to!
    I agree with some position but what about DC/DR-DL, why not this??? Add just 2 skills... What about AMR/AMC?
    I think one of the worst combo would be ML-MR/MC.... Also i dont see DMC/MC a good combination(even tho' i did it ... I see the DMC, more like a defending position...
    My understanding is as long as there are white skills, they're important and a factor the game engine accounts for, irrespective of if you play your player at an MC position when he's multipositional (MC/ML). As such, having many white skills leads to higher average quality if you're intent on having high white skills.

As for the DMC/MC combination, it does have a big con, namely that it required a ton of white skills. But it's great for in game management and thus I think it's worth it. You don't always need a DMC from the beginning of a game, but you might need one later on and maybe not again during a game. Having a MC/DMC combination allows you to manage suxh situations without having to make two substitutions.

DL/DC/DR is a versatile combination, but it requires that you find a DC that you give both roles which requires a lot rest packs. I don't think the versatility it provides is worth the additional rest packs you'll need to invest in terms of new position and additional white skills. The versatility factor for these positions isn't as instrumental for in game management as other positions.

Skickat från min VOG-L29 via Tapatalk
    Download my power training tool here https://forum.topeleven.com/tutorial...alculator.html

As the title say, what are the benefits of having multi position players(exept the fact that he can play on more position of course).
    We know that having multi position "unlock" more white skills... And that makes it easy to train our player!
    Lets Take for example the ML position (7 skills)... If we reach with a drill to a next star(like slalom driblle - 720 skill cap).... If we train him after pass, go and shoot he Will have Shooting like Grey skill... But if we add MC to The player the Shooting skill Will be white..!
    So its worth those 50 rest pack to add a new position?
    Absolutely. I as a manager will train new positions to unlock players' white skills

Team Name: Forza Adiat
    Manager Level: 59
    Trophy won: 65

How I play the game is, I think only the white skills matter for the position the player playes in, like if he were a one position player. So I try to find the main position for a player and train the white skills for this position as high as possible. And more white skills in general mean, that this is not as easy then.
    If I want a high % player later on I could still train grey skills.

Thats also how i understand... Like its hard to change The position for that position a player was created...thats why i would like to think that you can add a position that doesnt add to many white skills... Like DC and you add DR/DL that mean you add just 2 white skills and he Will perform still good like a DR/DL if u want to make tacticos change during a game / u need to change formation!!
    Thats why i dont see a good combination like DML/MC... Also MR/ML with MC.... But i find good if a player was MC and i want to add him ML or MR....
    So basically i think its more like this :
    DC-DR/DL-DMC
    DMC-DC
    MC-ML/MR
    ML/MR-AML/AMR
    ST-AMC

Thats also how i understand... Like its hard to change The position for that position a player was created...thats why i would like to think that you can add a position that doesnt add to many white skills... Like DC and you add DR/DL that mean you add just 2 white skills and he Will perform still good like a DR/DL if u want to make tacticos change during a game / u need to change formation!!
    Thats why i dont see a good combination like DML/MC... Also MR/ML with MC.... But i find good if a player was MC and i want to add him ML or MR....
    So basically i think its more like this :
    DC-DR/DL-DMC
    DMC-DC
    MC-ML/MR
    ML/MR-AML/AMR
    ST-AMC
    Yes I think these are still quite okay. MC DMC and MC AMC I also absolutely dislike. You could also add an AML AMC AMR for example then. But like I said, only ones I use based on my experience are ML AML + MR AMR, DC DMC and ST AMC.

Addicted
    Why the dislike towards MC/AMC and DMC/MC? I think it adds great flexibility for in game management.

For example, I start with 4-3-2w-1. If I score 2 goals I change to 4-5-1v by bocing down one of my MCs to DMC position. If it happens that I concede an equaliser, I can easily move the same player up again. Same with if I'm a goal down.

The only con with the DMC/MC combination is that it requires several white skills. The alternative is to have 3 players (DMC, MC and AMC) instead of 2 players (DMC/MC and MC/AMC) in your squad.

Skickat från min VOG-L29 via Tapatalk