Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: How to deal with form problems?

Rookie

How to deal with form problems?

So, at level 2 i have not a bad midfield among non-tokens...3 near 4-star MC plus a 5 star MC and the sort on day 2. And a couple of days ago a 3 star korean turned up in free transfer. hes worth 680k then so hes a fast trainer at age 20 (all my midfielders are ~20) and i sniped at him.... won at 7 rounds

SO, problem is he kept getting 5 rating.... which is very low compared to my other midfielders. And just this league match he earned a red card just at 30 min (yellow at 5 min) which led me to believe that i needed to improve his form or sell him. And incidentially one of my other midfielders is also injured... so i needed him to get his form back real quick becoz im in 3 leagues and i only have 3 midfielders to do the job (excluding ml and mr)… i know im being a noob here but this isuue is really nagging at me... Could anyone help?

I use form as a part of my guide to selecting the first 11 ill be putting out...

Normally they range from a 6 to an 8 or even 9...it's rarely that they go as low as a 5...if they did id bench them and hope that helps...

Im also a relative noob but i would say that your form problem is player based for some reason...

I can't think why tho....

Perhaps he's just a computer (nordeous) generated LAZY/BAD player ??...
    JKLM FC...

L1- L- 4th/C -Prelim's...
    L2- L- 3rd/CL- Winner/C- SF's...
    L3- L- 2nd/CL- QF's/C- QF's...
    L4- L- 1st/CL- (Og)/C- Playoffs...

W.B.A......BOING BOING!!!...

This may sound stupid, but I may have an idea that works. I once had a 5* striker who just could not score and kept getting low ratings. His lower quality strike partner was far better. After 9 goalless games, I was going to bench him, but his partner got injured, so he had to play. I put him alongside my 3rd choice striker, but he was still playing bad, until I swapped them round. He had always played as the left side striker. As soon as I put him in the right hand side of the pair, he just went mad. He got 10 goals in four games and received 3 man of the match awards.
    LONDON CITY

Olympic Stadium...East London

Season 47...........Manager Level 33

Quote Originally Posted by Raykco View Post
    This may sound stupid, but I may have an idea that works. I once had a 5* striker who just could not score and kept getting low ratings. His lower quality strike partner was far better. After 9 goalless games, I was going to bench him, but his partner got injured, so he had to play. I put him alongside my 3rd choice striker, but he was still playing bad, until I swapped them round. He had always played as the left side striker. As soon as I put him in the right hand side of the pair, he just went mad. He got 10 goals in four games and received 3 man of the match awards.
    Ahhhhhhh...that makes total sense & sounds like a good idea to try out ...
    JKLM FC...

That's an interesting idea. Might be worth trying with players who can play in more than one slot (i.e. strikers who could play in any of the three striker positions, not multi-position players like DML/ML) to see if it affects their performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Raykco View Post
    I tried your idea in my two matches today & to my surprise it produced a form increase on every player id applied it to (all CD's, MD's & ST's (6 players)) ...

Ty!...
    JKLM FC...

my bad form problem is with my goalkeeper, where else do you suggest i try him?.....midfield?
    Kukilon, Mr Mercury and tarcanes92 like this.

Same problem here...

One of my best players in stars,but one of the worst in form...
    At least 2 mistakes were goals; What I don't understand...in one game he wasn't bad according to the gameplay. Stopped 2 free kicks,and no weird things,but still a 5..
    Should I sell him and let someone else get headaches or just bench him,power train him and let him play in friendlies?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How to deal with form problems?-luttman.jpg  
    Manager of:

FC Hawaii
    League winner: 9
    Champions League winner: 8 (5 in a row now)
    Cup winner: 2

FC Yes Yes Yes
    League winner: 9
    Champions League winner: still waiting.... lost 2 finals
    Cup winner: 3

Level: 15

Offering a new contract worked for me on my goalkeeper who had 5 rating and went to 7 and fine after that. You can recontract if he has less then 3 years still on your team.
    ! I only have done it 1 time and it could also be just luck, but if you got money to spare its worth a shot.
    If you try it please post the result :P.

Quote Originally Posted by Moresuperpro View Post
    Offering a new contract worked for me on my goalkeeper who had 5 rating and went to 7 and fine after that. You can recontract if he has less then 3 years still on your team.
    ! I only have done it 1 time and it could also be just luck, but if you got money to spare its worth a shot.
    If you try it please post the result :P.
    An interesting idea...if i try it ill be sure to let you know...
    JKLM FC...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast