Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By talisman
  • 1 Post By talisman

Thread: Substitutions and Red Cards

Exclamation Substitutions and Red Cards

Twice in two days (for the first occurrence see this post: http://forum.topeleven.com/bugs-tech...tml#post400152 ) I have been completely stymied and unable to make any formation changes or substitutions by the App sending off a player who was slated for substitution, before the sub could be made.

The first was on the Android App, today's was on the new Browser App.

Let's go through what a manager has to do to make a substitution.
    1) Go to Formation screen.
    2) Drag and drop new player onto player to be substituted.
    3) Repeat if required, up to three occurrences.
    4) Press 'Save'.
    5) Go back to Matchplay screen, wait for appropriate time, substitutions will be made.

What's wrong with the current system?
    1) Substitutions are made only at set times in the match, allowing other events to pre-empt the substitution request(s).
    2) When you go back to the player list on the matchplay screen (which should reflect the players on the pitch at the current time) - the substitution(s) have already been reflected in the player list.
    3) If a player is sent off while substitution(s) are pending, then (one of) the substitution(s) can't be made and the App gets thoroughly confused, and refuses to allow any further changes in formation or on-pitch personnel.

What should happen?
    1) Substitutions should be made as soon as possible after the manager requests them.
    --- If a manager can't be bothered to turn up to a game, and one of his players is injured, then the system substitutes that player immediately (within 1-2 game minutes), irrespective of whether the minute of the substitution is a 'normal' substitution minute or not. This penalises the manager who is present, who does not have that response to his substitution requests, and has to wait until the next scheduled 'substitution break'. With the TE 2016 App, the 'substitution breaks' are be the same as on the previous Browser App and TE2015 App, but it appears the lag between request and action is getting longer, a manager (ie me) having to wait for the second or even third break to occur before the substitutions are made.
    2) The list of players who are presently on pitch in the matchplay screen should not be updated until the substitution(s) are actually made. This will eradicate the ridiculous situation I had today where the substitution I had wanted to make had been actioned on the list but not physically, so instead of having only 9 active players listed, I had 10, but the 10th (the waiting substitute) did not have a corresponding disc on the pitch. When I went back to the Formation screen, the player was shown on the pitch there, as well, so I couldn't use him to replace another player - in fact, any changes I tried couldn't be saved.
    3) If a substitution has been requested, and a player who was to be taken off the pitch is sent off, then the substitution should be reset and the substitute should be returned to the 'available' substitution list so that the manager can reuse him in another substitution.
    Last edited by talisman; 04-09-2016 at 03:56 PM.
    Any formation or tactics advice given is based purely on experience with my teams...

The delay on substitutions is getting ridiculous - two substitutions requested, 'Save' button pressed at 65 minutes - substitutions actioned 77 minutes... Why not at 73 minutes if not at 68 minutes?
    Gert Funck likes this.
    Any formation or tactics advice given is based purely on experience with my teams...