Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By TG67
  • 2 Post By Visionary S
  • 2 Post By Buffs Mad

Thread: Ideas to improve the game.

Smile Ideas to improve the game.

Hi,
    My name's Tony and I've been playing since February.I'm on level 5. I love this game and put a lot of time into it.
    I've been successful so far winning everything I've entered apart from the cup in season 3 so I've got 4 leagues, 3 Champions leagues and 2 cups so far, doing the treble in seasons 2 and 4.
    This season things are a bit more difficult and I got knocked out the cup on penalties in the QF's and I'm joint top of the league with a guy who's got a very good team.
    There are a few things I think are needed to make the game better and give us better control and improve the overall gaming experience.
    1. Players stats at half time. All we have at the moment is the commentary to base performance on. I subbed an MC yesterday who hadn't been mentioned yet he scored a 7 rating which I find acceptable. When I subbed him "he wasn't happy" I was told but this means nothing as injured players often flag the same message when subbed.

2. More in depth post match stats would give us a better idea of why certain players aren't performing. This would be useful for back referencing and pinpointing weaknesses in specific players.

3. In depth match analysis for all matches to help pinpoint our own and our opponents weaknesses and strengths. Just being able to refer back to match commentary's would be useful. I understand server space could be an issue here but text of a match would only use a couple of kb's.

4. A guide from Nordeus explaining what the various settings such as red and blue arrows, attacking and hard attacking etc do exactly. I'm guessing that a red arrow focuses more on a players attacking skills to the detriment of his defending skills and possibly moves his pitch position half a square forward? Is this correct? If you put blue arrows on defenders will they play too far back giving opponents more space? Do attackers with red arrows play too far forward to be effective?
    If there is documentation on how setting actually work and I've just not seen it I'd appreciate a link.

Good luck to everyone except the guy with 11 scouts currently trying to stop my 5 league titles in a row!

Visionary S
    Quote Originally Posted by TG67 View Post
    Hi,
    My name's Tony and I've been playing since February.I'm on level 5. I love this game and put a lot of time into it.
    I've been successful so far winning everything I've entered apart from the cup in season 3 so I've got 4 leagues, 3 Champions leagues and 2 cups so far, doing the treble in seasons 2 and 4.
    This season things are a bit more difficult and I got knocked out the cup on penalties in the QF's and I'm joint top of the league with a guy who's got a very good team.
    There are a few things I think are needed to make the game better and give us better control and improve the overall gaming experience.
    1. Players stats at half time. All we have at the moment is the commentary to base performance on. I subbed an MC yesterday who hadn't been mentioned yet he scored a 7 rating which I find acceptable. When I subbed him "he wasn't happy" I was told but this means nothing as injured players often flag the same message when subbed.

2. More in depth post match stats would give us a better idea of why certain players aren't performing. This would be useful for back referencing and pinpointing weaknesses in specific players.

3. In depth match analysis for all matches to help pinpoint our own and our opponents weaknesses and strengths. Just being able to refer back to match commentary's would be useful. I understand server space could be an issue here but text of a match would only use a couple of kb's.

4. A guide from Nordeus explaining what the various settings such as red and blue arrows, attacking and hard attacking etc do exactly. I'm guessing that a red arrow focuses more on a players attacking skills to the detriment of his defending skills and possibly moves his pitch position half a square forward? Is this correct? If you put blue arrows on defenders will they play too far back giving opponents more space? Do attackers with red arrows play too far forward to be effective?
    If there is documentation on how setting actually work and I've just not seen it I'd appreciate a link.

Good luck to everyone except the guy with 11 scouts currently trying to stop my 5 league titles in a row!
    I have few hundred Ideas how to improve this game.
    Maybe some would be accepted by Nordeus.
    In general all good Ideas.
    Game is not very realistic Manager simulation.
    It's not very bad game simulation but not very good game simulation either.
    I play this game because other games are boring.
    In this game at least auctions are interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by TG67 View Post
    Hi,

Yep we all want more and you have inluded some of the pupular ones so +1 from me. .
    (I did a suggestion on better post match and player stats, being more performance based but imo Nordeus have went the opposite way (FK stat change).)

Your arrows thoughts are pretty much on the mark afaik. Nordeus has said quite a few things on arrows but the 'language' or 'wording' of some of their statements is a bit too iffy to be taken literally.

In essence an arrow does at a player level what mentality does at a team level. A red Arrow makes a player more attacking. A blue more defensive. Since a player has the option to use attacking skills or defensive skills you can assume that more attacking means a greater focus on attacking skills and more defensive means similar for defensive skills. And ofc like mentality an attacking player will want to play higher up while attacking and a defensive player deeper while defending. Whether this produces gaps depends on all the other factors such as formation orders etc.

For the record Nordeus latest statement on arrows were "focus more on X". cba looking it out to copy n past but its there in the last "Ask the Devs' thread.
    TG67 and Gert Funck like this.

in my opinion, the one and only element that will make the game better and more attractive, is to be realistic, truly realistic.

It happens quite often and is really ridiculous, teams at a much lower quality playing with illegal formations to beat stronger teams (much stronger indeed)

Cheers and have fun