Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Results are pre-determined

Results are pre-determined

Just had my league game, both managers watching (now there's a surprise at my level!). I'm at home, better team on paper but go 1-0 down, no panic make some changes like a manager would. Decide to come out of watching the game with 80 or so mins on the clock to check another match result. The scoreboard is still showing 0-1 but in the matches tab it shows my game as finished and 0-2 ! Hmmmmmmmm how can that be and then surprise surprise in the 90th minute another goal. So in real time 0-1 but showing as finished at 0-2 !

So all the posts about how to beat 4-4-2 or 3-5-2 or whatever is quite frankly immaterial. The result of the game is already determined before the kick off.

I still enjoy it but maybe at level 21 it is time to give this season a miss and focus on the World Cup (no team will score 3 goals in the last 10 mins with only 10 players on the pitch).

It is my first post on here and feel free to disagree or agree but give it a go and see if you experience the same scenario.

There was a post before about results posting before the game actually says the match is over. I believe of the idea that there are different periods of the game that are reset and simulated out. So for the first 15 minutes, the results are determined, then when 15 minutes hits, any changes that were made are put into account and the next 15 minutes are simulated. And so on and so on until 75 minutes, and then after that no changes you make will matter because the end has already been simulated
    pnr8555 and Skidz like this.

RETIRED
    Level 25, Season 25, 18 League Titles, 10 CL Titles, 3 Cup Titles
    Server 201, 4-5-1 V-style fan, 0 Tokens bought

Famous
    The scores are not predetermined before the game, the best theory I've heard is that the game is updated either twice or four times during play. If it was every 15 mins then your score could well have been decided with 10 mins to go.

The reason I know it's not before the game is that I tank a lot of seasons and many times I wait until I know I can't win, say 6 or 7 nil down, and then I change my formation to a legitimate one for the second half or last 30 minutes, and I'll always pull a few goals back.
    This has happened thirty or forty times at least, where my changes have swung the game drastically in my favour, far too often to be coincidental.
    Cat Harrison and Skidz like this.

Quote Originally Posted by gogs67 View Post
    If it was every 15 mins then your score could well have been decided with 10 mins to go.
    Thats the exact point im saying. Because people have found the scores are posted on the fixture tabs before the games are over, so the last 15 minutes the game has essentially already been decided

RETIRED
    Level 25, Season 25, 18 League Titles, 10 CL Titles, 3 Cup Titles
    Server 201, 4-5-1 V-style fan, 0 Tokens bought

I think the 70th minute might be significant, because thats the time before which a player must be on the pitch to get a rating. Everything you change after the 70th might not have much, if any effect at all?

edit in: most posts on here who describe the results being known too early seem to be 80th minute and after, or at crashes on penalty shootouts
    Last edited by fugazi; 06-12-2014 at 03:52 AM.
    Cat Harrison likes this.

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    I think it is more often, like every 10 game minutes... I've been dropping out and find the score can be posted by 85th game minute for me, so maybe it's 5 game minutes. No one knows for sure, but as gogs said, you can make changes to drastically affect results, so it's not predetermined.
    Last edited by Cat Harrison; 06-12-2014 at 07:16 AM. Reason: speeling
    fugazi likes this.
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Scarborough, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    I actually think its less done the min you alter your team, say 15mins to go you ,make a sub, change formation or orders etc it evaluates the two teams and gives a result, or it evaluates your players stats at the begginning of each half.
    x 17 x 5 x 1

Double winners x 5 , Treble x 1 ...Perfect league wins 26/26 x 1 (L8).
    Every comment I make on this forum is based on my own experiences and so should be taken as such!.

Consider the substitution issue. You make a lineup change but it doesn't take effect for several game minutes. I believe the change will not take place immediately because the game is waiting for a segment to end. I would bet if we pay closer attention to how long it takes to get a sub in, the longest wait would be a likely time frame for each segment of the game.
    FC Paragon 04
    Season 14, level 14

League: 3 titles
    Champion's League: 1 title
    Cup: 1 title

And dont forget, it depends of the internet conection, i play a lot on iPad, and i know that there is a lag of 4 minutes of game time.
    At the 4th minute i always have a small break and the possession bar have a change, is that i am only online after those first 4 minutes.

Also since i play 3G conection, sometimes my lag can be of 20/30 seconds of real time, i see that with the subs, or sometimes the game stoppes for 10/20 seconds and restart from the point were it stopped, meaning that what i am seeing had already happened.
    Med78 and Cat Harrison like this.
    THIS GAME IS TO RANDOM! I STOP WAISTING MY TIME!

Hi all,

Thanks for all the theories and opinions to my first post, I'm glad it got some of you thinking. The only point I would like to add is to Dman2pt's comment about internet connection. I don't think this is applicable as what I saw was the result already showing as 0-2 with the game still going on and the scoreboard showing 0-1. I have a very fast internet connection here in the UK too.

Lost again today in the league, my two scout strikers appear to be a tad goal shy !!!!! I think it is going to be one of those seasons.

Anyway Brazil have just gone a goal down so I guess anything can happen in football.

Cheers
    Cat Harrison and RJSlow like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast