Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: tanking

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    you can if you keep enough players and rotate them.
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by An Bainisteoir View Post
    Is it possible to tank in the league while still doing reasonably well in the cup/champions league?
    Or is it difficult because moral is effected by losing league games? Resulting in the need for lots of blue tokens etc.
    I win a league, then league + champions, and then champions league, and then nothing, and then start circle again.

so when I go only for the champions league, I assure you, that theres no problem. I've won playing in this way all the champions leagues from level 8 till 20, 13 consecutive levels winning the CL, tanking 2 seasons in league, and playing 2.

The cup, is another history because depend of the quality, and I dont like to sell half team for the cup... prefeer drectly be eliminated.
    I call to that, play light.
    Last edited by khris; 08-24-2015 at 01:41 PM.
    Joe Smith likes this.

Rookie
    This thread is enlightening!

This is not really a tip for how to tank, but perhaps another justification for why people would want to tank. I'm a lower level manager currently; my best player is an OVR of 41 and I am proud of how I have developed him and 3 other players I've had since Day 1. I am attached to them and do not want to simply cast them aside easily when they are no longer good enough. I've seen some of the screen caps from this forum of players with OVRs of 190+ and my jaw just hit the floor. In that moment I understood that my current favorite players are doomed to be replaced not due to age, but due to my need to advance, and in a season or two I may tank a season to give those guys and the fans one more season before I send them to pasture. I'm not sure I would disrespect them enough to put EVERYONE in the wrong position (that was a brilliant idea though!) but I may not be as ruthless and competitive that season, and treat it more like a victory lap for the early legends of my club's history.
    Cat Harrison and Joe Smith like this.

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by An Bainisteoir View Post
    Is it possible to tank in the league while still doing reasonably well in the cup/champions league?
    Or is it difficult because moral is effected by losing league games? Resulting in the need for lots of blue tokens etc.
    yes, but it's not easy.
    Must have some good players for your competitive team
    and some crap player for tanking.
    It's difficult to use the same players, playing out of position and loosing league games.
    tanking-tank-titles.jpg
    Cat Harrison and Joe Smith like this.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12