Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: New one needs help with training bonuses

New one needs help with training bonuses

Hi guys.

I am so glad to have found you. I just played some T11 and it makes so much fun. BTW please forgive me as my English is not my mother tongue.

I would like to help others, too, but at this time I am just new to this game and need some help first if you know what I mean.

My first problem is that I don't get the idea of those "training bonuses"?

So let's say I have 8% ball possession bonus. What does that help me?
    Can I
    A) train better and faster for possession (but there is nothing like "train possession")
    or
    B) Use it in game?

If B):
    How does that work?
    Do I have an extra let's say 8% possession automatically? IF so, what if my opponent also has 8% bonus?
    You get my problem?

Or is it C)
    I can just click on that % button "in game live" and click for example on "possession".
    IF so, I don't quite get that neither. As I could click it over and over again in the past, no matter what my possession bonus was.

I am so confused guys.

Please can someone explain to me what these bonuses mean and how I can get advantage of them?

Thanks so much in advance.

Thanks all

Falko

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    there are some factors that affect the ball possession
    - playing home or away (5% from the tickets)
    - watching or not the game (+8% from managers)
    - watching or not the game - friends (5 friends X2 % it's the max)
    - player's quality, condition, moral , the right formation and orders also affect (unknown how much)
    In the summary of all above, comes the bonus and giving + 2-4-6-8-10 %.
    Of course opponents bonus 2-4-6-8-10 % can make things even.
    The same is for attack and defense bonus.
    If you click the button, you have for some (game) minutes an extra 50% to that (so it's 15% max)
    So, it's only for the match. Nothing else.
    How affects that ball possession bonus ?
    Little, but some times this little can give you the victory in a balanced game.
    Last edited by nikolgiorgos; 07-25-2016 at 09:21 AM.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Dreamer
    Great stuff Niko!

My working hypothesis on how this works exactly -- that could be wrong, but that I believe in untill I find out otherwise -- is the following. There are 15 abilities in the game (speed, shooting, passing and so forth). There are 4 bonus categories: Attack, Defense, Possession and Condition. I believe that a bonus in each category affects a certain group of abilities included in the specific bonus cathegory. In addition, I do -- not -- believe that any ability is covered by more than one bonus cathegory. If would just guess that the affect of bonuses would become too big of certain abilities could get cumulative affects from several bonuses, but that's just a guess.

I would also guess at/speculate on that the 15 abilities are divided into the 4 bonus cathegories as follows:
    Attack Bonus: Shooting, Finnishing, Dribbling and Heading
    Defense Bonus: Tackling, Marking, Courage and Positioning
    Possession Bonus: Passing, Creativity and Crossing
    Conditioning Bonus: Conditioning, Strength, Agressiveness and Speed

But this is definitely just what I wrote, guesses and speculations.

Anyway, how does all this work then? Let's say a player has the value 25 at lvl 1 which also is 100%. Let's say that you have the full 10% in all team bonus cathegories before a game, this would raise the level of all abilities of the said player to 27.5 or 110% (27.5/25). Let's say that you in addition activate the defensive bonus during a game in the special in game function, the tackling ability would for example tackling become 25 x 1.1 (team bonus) x 1.05 (the 5% extra from the in game function) = 28.875 (or app 115%).

If you watch the game, another 8 percent is added. Percentage for your fans in the arena are added. 2 percent per each friend watching. The ball possession bonus. So in the end I think the impact of bonuses in a game were one manager has been active and have full team bonuses and is watching is major if the opponent has been inactive and is not watching. I also think the bonuses are used to weight up the advantage of playing defensive and counter attack in favor of playing offensive soccer (which faces a risk of becoming a bit ineffective).

Thanks for a great thread and raising a really interesting topic!
    Last edited by Al Svanberg; 07-25-2016 at 08:38 AM.

Wow thanks a lot nikolgiorgos.

This was super helpful. Thank you so much.
    I have just one last question.

When I go to "Training" and click on bonuses. What does that mell right now and there? Let's say I have possession at 8%. What does that tell me?
    Am I correct, that if I have 8% bonus at possession and my opponent would have 2%, that I have I 6% advantage per se? Is that correct?

no
    if the game make a calculation from all above
    - playing home or away (5% from the tickets)
    - watching or not the game (+8% from managers)
    - watching or not the game - friends (5 friends X2 % it's the max)
    - player's quality, condition, moral , the right formation and orders also affect (unknown how much)
    when the match is starting, will give for your team, for example 60-40 ball possession.
    If you have that 10% bonus and opponent 0, then it will go 60 +10% > 66% for your team and 34% for your opponent.
    If at some point of the match, you 'll use the extra button, its 10% + extra 5%, so 60 + 15% > 69-31 ball possession.

certain abilities could get cumulative affects from several bonuses
    i really don't know.
    But all those are very minor factors so you really can't have any conclusion.
    Some times I did a testing but in top eleven every game can be very different from another even with the same exactly conditions (because Luck- roll dice has also an important role in the game).

One more thing to say
    It's not worthy to spend precious greens to increase a bonus from 8% to 10% but if you 're trying to do the right thing in general, the game will reward you (even if you 'll have your bad days).

Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post
    when the match is starting, will give for your team, for example 60-40 ball possession.
    If you have that 10% bonus and opponent 0, then it will go 60 +10% > 66% for your team and 34% for your opponent.
    If at some point of the match, you 'll use the extra button, its 10% + extra 5%, so 60 + 15% > 69-31 ball possession.
    Hmm, are you sure this is how it works? Seems awfully mechanical. And it cannot be this way the attack, defense or condition bonuses work (or?). Just seem odd to me that they would make the possession bonus work like this.

Instead I would have guessed that they had singled out certain abilities that gives a team more possession of the ball, and that the bonuses just makes those abilities better (like passing and a few other abilities becomes 5/10/15% better). That must be how the other bonuses work, right?

I thank you all for your insights. I am still a bit confused, but I am quite more comfortable now than I was before. So thank you.

Instead I would have guessed that they had singled out certain abilities that gives a team more possession of the ball, and that the bonuses just makes those abilities better (like passing and a few other abilities becomes 5/10/15% better).
    It's a simple game.
    So you think that drills for improving specific abilities like Creativity, Communication,or Passing can give more to ball possession or creating chances ?
    Nay, those are more cosmetics.
    It's just values.
    55>50>45, the higher, the better.

Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post
    It's a simple game.
    So you think that drills for improving specific abilities like Creativity, Communication,or Passing can give more to ball possession or creating chances ?
    Nay, those are more cosmetics.
    It's just values.
    55>50>45, the higher, the better.
    Yes of course, naturally I assume that! If I put a team on the field of players that are exceptionally good passers with top creativity, I would expect that they would have more possession than a team with the same average quality but that instead where really good tacklers and shooters or whatever. That is how other manager games are working, and have worked for at least the last 15-20 years. Is the T11 engine really so simple that like only the avg. ability matters and it don't matter at all if a player shots or passes or dribbles well?

Dreamer
    Ok, lesson learned, never argue with Niko.

From this info from Nordeus it is obvious that the ball possession bonus works like Niko described:
    Live Match Supporters - Top Eleven be a Football Manager

It clearly say that if you have x% in ball possession bonus, you will get x% more in possession.

However, this function can of course not be used with the team bonuses of attack, defense and condition up to 10%. Like, you cannot get 10% "more" attack, 10% more defense. I would still bet that these bonuses increase the ability of the players. I think these bonuses work parallel with the ball possession bonus from watching a game, crowd and supporters. Or? Anyone having any other idea?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast