Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Unfair association draw

Dreamer

Unfair association draw

I've just seen our draw in the association this weekend. We are a 5 star asso with all managers under 90% and all of the other 3 assos are 6 star (almost 7 star) with mainly teams between 118% and 122%. Has anybody else had an unfair draw this weekend ? In general we should be in draws between 5 star assos.
    How unfair is this

Pro
    @minamino
    With all draws, there bounds to be more favourable teams and less favourable teams as well. It is just the difference in margins that if there could be possible upsets.

It also depends on your division. If your association is a gold one or higher, most associations would have a 6-star team to compete properly, even if some of those teams have also been trying to influence the draw by fielding a team of players consisting of 1* and 2*.

It is quite fair in a way that a well-assembled 6*, 7* or even higher * teams are placed in draws that not only include all 4 teams of similar quality, as that would mean the draw is effectively ‘punishing’ either good managers who spent lots of effort and time in building up a great team or those token rich managers who are paying to keep the game running. There should be both similar higher-star level teams with some lower-star as a mix, and hopefully we would get into an easier draw this week and possibly another harder draw the following week.

And no offence there on team quality. Auction players can be as good as 99% (1% to 6*), so with some good purchases and training, along with good players you brought along with via promotion, it is not too difficult for most managers to start a season with a 5.5*-6* team.

A lot of managers here know very well in manipulating pre-season draws in getting a very easy league, cup and CL (could be as low as 60% until semi-finals), but then don’t expect those same teams can also be benefited from having easy draws by having lower * teams in association matches as well. We cannot have it all both ways.

And finally, my association is a 6.5* one, and it’s normal that we got drawn to a 7 or even 7.5* team. And last season we managed to lose twice with points tied while only via less goals scored despite having a 10% quality disadvantage or more when all opponent managers are all (forced to be) active. It’s even greater fun to lose so closely when we can feel opponent’s nerves.
    Winning is a form of art. Consistently winning is a show-hand of skills and luck.

Dreamer
    mate, i've been playing top 11 for 11 years now. i know the tricks of the trade. we used to be a 7 star asso but got tired of meeting tankers and cheats etc. we're very high in platinum.
    this season a new stategy and staying under 100% to remain a 5 star asso and 99% of the time we would be playing 5 star opponents this weekend and not assos of almost 7 star. I know the game. there was no 'end of season' manipulating either.
    As to your remark 'no offense to your team quality' , i wasn't offended. You actually win far more trophies as a 5 star team as leagues/cups/ucl draws are alot easier than those who run 6 to 7 star teams. Trust me I did it for years with a team of 130% end of season.
    the way we set up the asso at the end of last season should have given us a normal draw this weekend and not 7 star assos.
    HeavensAAA likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by minamino View Post
    I've just seen our draw in the association this weekend. We are a 5 star asso with all managers under 90% and all of the other 3 assos are 6 star (almost 7 star) with mainly teams between 118% and 122%. Has anybody else had an unfair draw this weekend ? In general we should be in draws between 5 star assos.
    How unfair is this
    I experienced this last season with my previous association. We were the only 5 star association among the 6 star associations. It ain’t fair but the game engine might force fairness into the competition. By some miracle, our mixture of 5 and 6 star teams were beating the 6 star teams and won the tournament. I personally faced a 130 percent team with a 100 plus percent team and beat them once to even the series but my win margin was not as good. I know it sounds unbelievable but it really did happen.
    minamino likes this.

Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by Sillybq View Post
    I experienced this last season with my previous association. We were the only 5 star association among the 6 star associations. It ain’t fair but the game engine might force fairness into the competition. By some miracle, our mixture of 5 and 6 star teams were beating the 6 star teams and won the tournament. I personally faced a 130 percent team with a 100 plus percent team and beat them once to even the series but my win margin was not as good. I know it sounds unbelievable but it really did happen.
    yes, i've been asso captain for 4 years now and spent the last 40 months in platinum and sometimes (not often) it happened to us too where we were 6* and the rest were 7* and we still beat them.
    however todays draw brings back memories of around a year ago when nordeus messed up the asso draws and 7 star were playing 2 and 3 star assos. it was a complete mess and the forum was full of screaming people lol. i believe the same thing has happened today too as i know damn well that as a 5* asso in general we'd have 3 other 5* asos in the draw and not what we got today. onwards and upwards, we'll see next week what happens
    Sillybq likes this.

yes, i've been asso captain for 4 years now and spent the last 40 months in platinum and sometimes (not often) it happened to us too where we were 6* and the rest were 7* and we still beat them.
    however todays draw brings back memories of around a year ago when nordeus messed up the asso draws and 7 star were playing 2 and 3 star assos. it was a complete mess and the forum was full of screaming people lol. i believe the same thing has happened today too as i know damn well that as a 5* asso in general we'd have 3 other 5* asos in the draw and not what we got today. onwards and upwards, we'll see next week what happens
    Lol. I can imagine but I suppose most forum members were happy? From what I see, no forum member manages a team below 5 stars. And those 2-3 star teams were probably inactive or abandoned. But my question is how does a 2 star or 3 star team get into platinum, is that even possible?

I have to mention that I am still relatively new so if I said or asked something weird. Give me some leeway

Good luck! It would be really unlucky to be the weakest association 2 tournaments running. I haven’t experienced that
    Last edited by Sillybq; 01-10-2020 at 04:14 PM.
    minamino likes this.

Dreamer
    ah no they weren't in platinum. nordeus messed it up so bad that all assos in the draw were from bronze 3 to platinum, all mixed lol. but btw check the asso top 100.majority are 4 to 5 star. our strategy this season is to have 4 mutant attackers (aml amc amr st) of 130% global quality but over 200% attacking white skills and the rest of the team 70%players. All the managers in the asso are around 85% with the same set up. we can still blitz 6 star teams easily.
    we just got a terrible draw this weekend
    Sillybq likes this.

Pro
    Yes, you definitely know your trade there with years of experience while I am just a newbie.

If everyone starts to build teams of their preferred range of quality, say 5*, instead of a better one that they could try to manage, then isn’t it another form of manipulation of intending to play 5* star teams or similar when platinum division is supposed to be rewarding teams that could manage their teams the best with competitions around?

Obviously I am not talking about an impossible 5* vs 8*, but a closer 5* vs 6* there. Anything more than a star difference is just a messed up draw though.
    Rix likes this.
    Winning is a form of art. Consistently winning is a show-hand of skills and luck.

Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavensAAA View Post
    Yes, you definitely know your trade there with years of experience while I am just a newbie.

If everyone starts to build teams of their preferred range of quality, say 5*, instead of a better one that they could try to manage, then isn’t it another form of manipulation of intending to play 5* star teams or similar when platinum division is supposed to be rewarding teams that could manage their teams the best with competitions around?

Obviously I am not talking about an impossible 5* vs 8*, but a closer 5* vs 6* there. Anything more than a star difference is just a messed up draw though.
    do you actually spend anytime on top 11 or do you just live on the forum ? some of your comments are insulting but i'll bite my lip and turn away.
    good luck

Pro
    do you actually spend anytime on top 11 or do you just live on the forum ? some of your comments are insulting but i'll bite my lip and turn away.
    good luck
    Both I guess.

And honestly, which part of my comments were insulting? We were referring to draws here, and it’s pretty clear draws will involve better and worse quality teams within, and they should be 1* difference apart at most to make things both competitive and fair, or else it is messed up. Is that insulting?

Or do you mean that I was insulting you when all the other 6* teams have to play 7* teams while your 5.5* teams association has to play a 6.5* teams association? Every team in whatever stars face this similar scenario (5* vs 6*, 6* vs 7*, 7* vs 8*, and so on) when it comes to draws. We can get lucky and also get unlucky, and we have to beat the rest to win the points to stay in the division. What’s insulting about that?

Or maybe you find what I meant that you are only prepared to beat only similar 5.5* teams and expect draws which has only equal quality and no better being insulting? If that’s the case, maybe all managers should sell their teams up, all buy a whole team of 3*, and all of us play with an equal 3* team, and only then you will find everything fair and equal.
    Rix likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast