Thread: Ball possession going to 80% out of the blue

Ball possession going to 80% out of the blue

Hi all.
    I was playing a cup match, with "normal" ball possession of 60% in my favour, with this formation:
    4-4-2 with the midfield line being DMC - 3 MC.
    At one point I substituted the DMC with a striker (I was losing 1-0) and out of the blue the ball possession went 80% in my opponent's favour.
    In a blink of an eye he scored 2 goals until I put back a DMC in lieu of a striker.

No website says that's an illegal formation!

It isen't ilegal, you start to play in 433 and thats a legal formation, without screen shots it is hard to help.

Quote Originally Posted by Dman2pt View Post
    It isen't ilegal, you start to play in 433 and thats a legal formation, without screen shots it is hard to help.
    I didn't take a photo while I was playing, I was more hurrying to put my formation back on track. It's really weird, maybe a bug?

I can show you this: Ball possession going to 80% out of the blue-1381696_10201485190204464_680008608_n.jpg

I attach picture of the final score. You can notice that:

1- Score was 0-1 until minute 68
    2- At minute 68 I substitute Van de Vegte (DMC) with Buzare (ST)
    3- Ball possession goes out of the blue from 60% in my favour to 80% in opponent's favour (unluckily this is not shown in the highlights)
    4- In 3 minutes, due to the fake ball possession, I get 2 scores and 1 red card
    5- At minute 81 I straight away replace the original formation, replacing Chavez (ST) with Giannico (DMC).
    6- Ball possession goes back to normality.

One of your players got a red card, so the second goal of your oponent was from a pénalti kick, and you started playing with 10 players.
    What was the position of the player with red card (m Gladish)?
    Probably it was your DR or DL, with no one on that wing, you started to play on ilegal formation, at least one player on each flank.

Please check that.

That is correct, he is DL. Indeed I then substituted Lenta (MC) with Iacuzio (DL) to restore players on th sides.
    But I am 100% sure that the "wrong" ball possession started at minute 68, when I made the first substitution.
    The red card and penalty were a consequence of that 80% ball possession.

Sometimes there is a delay in the game, 3 minutes of game are only a few seconds in real time.
    That happens a lot to me, whend i am playing with 3G connection.