Thread: I got kicked out of champions league unfairly

I got kicked out of champions league unfairly

Hi ive been playing this game for a wile now and doing well. yet in the champions league I was kicked out of the group stage unfairly. If this isnt the biggest muck up ever i need shooting.I got kicked out of champions league unfairly-unfair.jpg im bender united. please if someone could help because im confused this carn't be right

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    Here's the deciding Rules:
    Quote Originally Posted by valentin pndl View Post
    If two or more teams are equal on points on completion of the group matches, the following criteria are applied to determine the rankings (in descending order):
    a) higher number of points obtained in the group matches played among the teams in question;
    b) superior goal difference from the group matches played among the teams in question;
    c) higher number of goals scored in the group matches played among the teams in question;
    d) higher number of goals scored away from home in the group matches played among the teams in question;
    e) if, after having applied criteria a) to d), two teams still have an equal ranking, criteria a) to d) are reapplied to determine the final ranking of the
    two teams. If this procedure does not lead to a decision, criteria f) to g)
    apply;
    f) superior goal difference from all group matches played;
    g) higher number of goals scored fr om all group matches played;
    Last edited by Cat Harrison; 04-27-2014 at 11:38 PM.
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Its hard to tell cuz the picture is still pretty small but it looks like you should advance on goal difference
    Last edited by RJSlow; 04-27-2014 at 11:28 PM.

There was a three-way tie at the top of your group. You played four matches against the teams that also had nine group points. You fared the worst of the three. Your head-to-head play wasn't strong enough.

I think maybe they changed the rules to give priority to head-to-head...so I'm guessing you lost to the guy in second?
    Go Leo L24 Farmer ---

Very Athletic L20 (Semi-Retired) --- Real Messy L16 (Retired) --- Athletic Kuching L17 --- Los Galaxy L14 28T

thank u

whats that mean i won 3 out of 4 games

sorry you saying i didnt go through coz i lost three well thats bull

thats why you have a group stage who wins most game why would they do it who won more out of 4 games it don't make sense
    Last edited by Simon Bender; 05-08-2014 at 10:36 PM.

Dreamer
    Top11 uses the same tiebreaker rules as UEFA. If 3 teams are tied at the top of the group on points, they take away results against the 4th-placed team.

Given that you had no draws, the team in 4th must have drawn with each of the top 2 - so that subtracts 1 point off each. Teams 1 and 2 must have drawn with each other twice (since they each had 3 draws, and 1-each vs team 4). By inference, Team 1 beat you twice, and you had a win and a loss vs team 2.

Team 4 must have picked up its only win against the team that ended up first, and you must have beaten Team 4 twice.

After removing points vs the 4th team, you're left with
    T1 7 points
    T2 5 points
    Bender 3 points

So teams 1 and 2 go through. It's unlucky for you*, but blame UEFA.
    Basically, head to head team 1 was better than you (2 wins). And team 2 was level with you (1 win each) , however team 2 was also level with team 1 (2 draws), which gives him credit.

*If team 1 had played better vs team 4 and ei you might have gone through in a head-to-head vs team 2.
    Last edited by Pete Cresswell; 05-09-2014 at 02:24 PM. Reason: Added clarification