Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Top Eleven using mobile data

Top Eleven using mobile data

Can anyone explain why im now using 50-100MB a day on TE? Didnt used to take anything!

Can i turn off the sync if thats what it is?
    ponzu likes this.

Rather than starting a new thread (I would have worded the subject a lot stronger), let's bump and continue this one.

I am on iOS, and the T11 app used up 888 Mb in 10 days!!!! Completely unacceptable. I keep getting notices from my provider that I am about to run out of data, and I am on a 15 Gb/month plan with rollover, and have never had to watch my data usage before.

Questions (to users and developers):

1. Is there a feature (what the OP calls "sync") that I can turn off or switch to WiFi only?

2. Are the live matches streamed as videos or rendered in app? If they are streamed as videos, this could explain the data usage, and is bad design. Suggestion to other users: note your T11 data usage before a live match, then after, and see if there is a noticeable and consistent bump.

3. What about training? I train a lot since the new version. What can use data in that?

4. Is the app uploadign any data from my phone? What data and why?

5. Is there a bug causing constant redundant updates or synching?

Get on this right away, as this is a deal breaker. This could kill a great game and app for many users.
    Eardwulf likes this.
    Team Orange Roughies | Last season league winners, Cup and CL finalists | Season 11 | Level 11

TREBLE wins: 1
    League: 7
    Cup: 2
    Champions League: 2

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by ponzu View Post
    Rather than starting a new thread (I would have worded the subject a lot stronger), let's bump and continue this one.

I am on iOS, and the T11 app used up 888 Mb in 10 days!!!! Completely unacceptable. I keep getting notices from my provider that I am about to run out of data, and I am on a 15 Gb/month plan with rollover, and have never had to watch my data usage before.

Questions (to users and developers):

1. Is there a feature (what the OP calls "sync") that I can turn off or switch to WiFi only?

2. Are the live matches streamed as videos or rendered in app? If they are streamed as videos, this could explain the data usage, and is bad design. Suggestion to other users: note your T11 data usage before a live match, then after, and see if there is a noticeable and consistent bump.

3. What about training? I train a lot since the new version. What can use data in that?

4. Is the app uploadign any data from my phone? What data and why?

5. Is there a bug causing constant redundant updates or synching?

Get on this right away, as this is a deal breaker. This could kill a great game and app for many users.
    Well Ponzu what i have been reading here and from own experience you're right about this madness. First let me say that i find it ridicoulous if you update a game for a more friendly play on smartphone and tablet that they developed this.

1. this feature is only on your phone and counts for all the apps on your phone. In the game there is no such thing. The game syncs when you start the game.

2.I don't know how they do it with the live games but i can imagine that watching the game will use more data than not watching the game. The most data it is using when starting up. Also the training module needs more data for loading.

3.Using the trainingmodule in my opinion doesn't use a lot data. This is using the module not loading the module.

4. all the data wich you agreed when installing the T11 app. Further i think its updating all the changes and game progress. Uploading uses less data than starting up.

5 sorry but this one i don't understand. There is no still updating or sync. It loads every time you start. The only thing what might is the messages you get when a game starts.

6. Playing top eleven on a computer or laptop is taking a lot of memory from laptop or PC and that sends a lot of players to play the old version. Maybe you can do that when youre out of wifi.

well my thoughts about this.
    Eardwulf likes this.

As to my question 5. Any time I switch away from the app for longer than 15 seconds, when I come back, it restart or refreshes. This burns about 2-3 Mb every time. What if does more of these refreshes throughout the sessions? If I spend 30 minutes in it, rearranging the squad, reading the fixtures, training, how many times does it synch up or refresh data in the background, for no good reason? It is impossible for us users to know, only to guess from watching the data burn while we are not doing anything much in the app. It's more a question to the devs.
    Team Orange Roughies | Last season league winners, Cup and CL finalists | Season 11 | Level 11

Rookie
    every time you choose something from your menu you are using data.

If you go from home to trainingcenter it loads. From trainingcenter to home its loads. and on and on.
    like i said: First let me say that i find it ridicoulous if you update a game for a more friendly play on smartphone and tablet that they developed this.

playing on laptop or computer the measurements dont match... it has to look like mobile game but it isn't. Therefore its using to much data and lets not forget the use of memory. The van of my laptop goes in supermode.... and only with t11 and some other games but the are much bigger as a game.

I watched a live match and did not notice any data burn. Interesting.

Da****..

1GB in 11 days only login to watch 1 game in the morning..im about to uninstall this ****
    ponzu likes this.

My team:http://www.topeleven.com/manager/p/B...AwNTYwNzM1MTQw
    Road to the Treble & How to win the Cup: http://forum.topeleven.com/tutorials...xt-season.html
    Top 10 Formations & Tactics Guide:http://forum.topeleven.com/tutorials...ics-guide.html
    Those guides are based on my personal experience and other managers suggestion/feedback

notice that whenever you have a game the app will send you a notification. this means that the game is constantly using push-method to stay up-to-date. It is probably pushing every 1 or 2 minutes, which in the end will use a lot of MB

best thing is to uninstall i think if you dont have unlimited plan or wifi

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Filjon View Post
    notice that whenever you have a game the app will send you a notification. this means that the game is constantly using push-method to stay up-to-date. It is probably pushing every 1 or 2 minutes, which in the end will use a lot of MB

best thing is to uninstall i think if you dont have unlimited plan or wifi
    What do you mean "whenever you have a game"? Like, any game app on the phone? Or a live match in T11?

No other app or game does this. They all send push notifications, but only when there is an event: like something is ready to be harvested or someone is attacking you. T11, too, sends push notifications: 15 minutes before a game, when the game is starting, and sometimes after the game (I guess if you were not watching live).

If they are also sending silent notifications throughout the day "to stay up to-date", that's terrible design. But I don't think it's the case.

It has been established more or less conclusively that most data is used up during the app startup. Like the app wants to download all there is to know about every team and every match on the server. Watching a live game actually does not use hardly any data at all.

I don't know what you are basing your opinion or advice on, but I think you are way off. T11 has to acknowledge the issue and start fixing it.

I am not going to uninstall, as my 20 Gb plan will cover even this wasteful use of data, but for peace of mind and for other people who are on 2-5 Gb plans I want this addressed ASAP.

Used about 2.4 GB in 1 month... that's alot even tho i've got 8GB/Month and that's one of the highest data packs in italy... most of the ppl got 2-4 GB/Month..
    This high data usage is unseen untill now..
    I used to play some other games but the highest data usage i got was about 300-400mb/month... 2.4GB is crazy ****.

My team:http://www.topeleven.com/manager/p/B...AwNTYwNzM1MTQw
    Road to the Treble & How to win the Cup: http://forum.topeleven.com/tutorials...xt-season.html
    Top 10 Formations & Tactics Guide:http://forum.topeleven.com/tutorials...ics-guide.html
    Those guides are based on my personal experience and other managers suggestion/feedback

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast