Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Is the system computing the right quality during the live matches?

Is the system computing the right quality during the live matches?

I have some reasons to believe the system is computing the wrong strengths (quality) of the teams.

Since this new update, I saw something strange.
    A friend called me to watch his match and support him (+2%) cause his opponent was stronger than him (like 10% more). When I got into the screen where I choose which team to support, my friend's team was shown as much stronger than his opponent. It was a surprise for me. And he easily won the match.

I didn't record these numbers, but I started paying attention to other matches and I saved some screenshots. Take a look with attention and tell me if there's something wrong.

Is the system computing the right quality during the live matches?-quality1.jpg
    Is the system computing the right quality during the live matches?-quality2.jpg
    Is the system computing the right quality during the live matches?-quality3.jpg

Is it related to the "3 troll results" I had in a row or the game just wanted to troll me at all? (2 of those 3 teams are inactive - they have no manager)

Is the system computing the right quality during the live matches?-troll-1.jpg
    Is the system computing the right quality during the live matches?-troll-2.jpg
    Is the system computing the right quality during the live matches?-troll-3.jpg

Another bug is that I always leave my team with 97-99% condition before the match starts. But in the formation screen, the condition bar of some players (maybe half of my team) is being shown like they are on "80%" condition. So I click on the player to check it and he is fine, with 99%. (I will screenshot it before the next match)

I have a better proof of what I'm trying to say.
    The first screenshot is my friend's screen, a few minutes before the match starts against an inactive opponent.
    The 2nd screenshot is mine, where I gone to the match to support him. Take a look at the differences.

Is the system computing the right quality during the live matches?-quality4.jpg

There's something really wrong. And, btw, the match ended 0-0. My friend was totally trolled ;p

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    - about q, it has to do with calculating 11 or 14 or the whole team (you can do some experiments by switching your players and finding the avg quality)

-
    the match ended 0-0. My friend was totally trolled
    q50 (80%) VS q54,2 (96%) , score 0-0
    hmm, you can't say that a troll.
    Mostly a bad day or wrong coaching I guess

Another bug is that I always leave my team with 97-99% condition before the match starts. But in the formation screen, the condition bar of some players (maybe half of my team) is being shown like they are on "80%" condition. So I click on the player to check it and he is fine, with 99%. (I will screenshot it before the next match)
    I agree but it's not exactly a bug.
    I would call that a bad visualization of TE 2018 (and it's not the only one, specially in browser version).
    Jean.Monico likes this.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post
    - about q, it has to do with calculating 11 or 14 or the whole team (you can do some experiments by switching your players and finding the avg quality)
    Yes, it's true what you've said. But I mean, in this thread, that looks like some teams are being "nerfed" and some others are being "buffed". My english sux and sometimes I cant write exactly what I really mean hehe
    Take a look at this BUM BAM (52.2). Looks like he was "buffed". Hope it's only a visual thing and it's not messing with the calculations during the simulations.

q50 (80%) VS q54,2 (96%) , score 0-0
    hmm, you can't say that a troll.
    Mostly a bad day or wrong coaching I guess
    Maybe it's a bad day. This AJU is a long period friend and I bet he is managing well. By the other side, as I see, this Cunha is a manager that looks like he doesnt even log in to give training to the team. Totally inactive.

The problem is that these "bad days" seems to be too much common after the update. Looks like you have no longer any control. My team is already on the 3rd day of "unstoppable crisis". No matter what I do, I can control the match but I can't win (and I'm talking about inactive opponents). I saw a lot of threads reporting similar things. It's, at least, strange hehe.
    And look, if a big % of the matches results are being controlled by this "bad day", "crisis", etc., so they changed something in the equations and the game became "too much random". I think it's fine to have 1 or 2 or 3 trolls per season. But the season has just started and I already have more than that. ;/

I agree but it's not exactly a bug.
    I would call that a bad visualization of TE 2018 (and it's not the only one, specially in browser version).
    I'll hope it's only a bad visualization and the calculations are computing the right numbers hehe

Anyway, thanks that you came here and showed your opinion. Hope your team doesn't get under what mine does.

Nice post. I have always suspected something similar myself but could never find the right words to put it on a post, plus Nordeus doesn't care to listen no matter how passionate we are about their game.

I always had regular bad results against teams against whom I was '' favorite'' and no problems against those of similar quality. Example, everytime I would face a 75% team with my 115% team I would have trouble. I always thought the game maybe read my team quality differently.
    Jean.Monico likes this.

6.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #6
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean.Monico View Post
    I have a better proof of what I'm trying to say.
    The first screenshot is my friend's screen, a few minutes before the match starts against an inactive opponent.
    The 2nd screenshot is mine, where I gone to the match to support him. Take a look at the differences.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	quality4.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	69.1 KB 
ID:	90898

There's something really wrong. And, btw, the match ended 0-0. My friend was totally trolled ;p
    Hi @Jean.Monico

The first screenshot of your friend is comparing his team quality to his opponents. And your screenshots is comparing your team quality with the quality of both teams that are playing against each other which is why it can not be the same.
    Jean.Monico likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by KenoticFC View Post
    Nice post. I have always suspected something similar myself but could never find the right words to put it on a post, plus Nordeus doesn't care to listen no matter how passionate we are about their game.
    Yes, there are some strange things that we feel that are happening, but we can't get enough data to turn these feelings into numbers.

Just to emphasize, on the screenshots I posted, there is a match between my team 107% against a 54% team. This oppponent is inactive, no training, nothing. My team was trained, full morale and conditions above 95%. I was playing 451Vstyle down flanks. He was playing 3N-1DMC-3W-1AMC-2.
    This match should be some sort of Real Madrid full motivated and prepared against a team of some old friends that got some beers and burgers before they gone play the match. And it was still a draw lol.

Anyway, after 4 "strange days", my team seemed to play normal today. Let's see what happens next.

I also opened a support via android, talking about it, but I still got no answer from them (I believe they are facing many complaints after the update, so maybe it takes longer to give me a response).

Quote Originally Posted by Lian View Post
    Hi @Jean.Monico

The first screenshot of your friend is comparing his team quality to his opponents. And your screenshots is comparing your team quality with the quality of both teams that are playing against each other which is why it can not be the same.
    Thanks for the answer Lian. Me and my friend are same level, so I see no reason it to be shown as different numbers. I confess I'm really worried about it

Ok, after all I believe Lian wrote anything non-sense here just for this thread to be marked as "responded", while I'm here worried about it.

Will you give me an appropriate answer or what?
    USARABAT likes this.

Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by Lian View Post
    Hi @Jean.Monico

You got to be kidding me mate.
    I guess we would expect a much better answer from an admin!!!
    The numbers shown here are ABSOLUTE Quality...not PERCENTAGE quality .
    No matter whose perspective you look at it from, ABSOLUTE quality remains the same.
    I have observed this many times where the quality shown on match screen before I support someone does not match the average of the 11 players on the pitch.
    This is definitely a bug that might be leading to some troll results.
    Jean.Monico and USARABAT like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast