• 1 Post By Jean.Monico
  • 2 Post By Altiplano
  • 1 Post By Jean.Monico
  • 1 Post By KenoticFC
  • 1 Post By Jean.Monico
  • 1 Post By KenoticFC
  • 1 Post By Jean.Monico
  • 1 Post By Jean.Monico

Thread: Illegal formations need to be punished.

Illegal formations need to be punished.

I don't know what to say really other than the fact that illegal formations need to be punished by the engine. I don't want the guy banned, investigated or anything because he is not really doing anything wrong.
    How can an illegal formation beat or make good teams struggle when they break 2 major rules, 2 defenders (NO DC AT ALL) too many players in the flanks.
    The last guy is even a tanker and he made him struggle lol. Seriously I barely beat him last season in the cup quarter finals 2-1,1-2 and nothing has changed.
    He's just an average team 6th in the league.
    Illegal formations need to be punished.-screenshot_20180114-132953.jpgIllegal formations need to be punished.-screenshot_20180115-100500.jpg
    Jean.Monico likes this.

Last season I played CL final against a team which had only 1 defender!
    The guy had some sort of 451Vstyle, but upside down haha
    If some real team use this sort of crazy formations, they would easily lose. but it's not what happen here ;/

Illegal formations need to be punished.-2121f21yu413uh.jpg
    KenoticFC likes this.
    --
    I am playing against the randomness. And the randomness is winning by far.

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean.Monico View Post
    Last season I played CL final against a team which had only 1 defender!
    The guy had some sort of 451Vstyle, but upside down haha
    If some real team use this sort of crazy formations, they would easily lose. but it's not what happen here ;/

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2121f21yu413uh.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	20.0 KB 
ID:	93739
    This is the problem with the new squad screen. Which by the way admins. is still impossible to use during a game on a mobile phone.
    The formation of course has 3 defenders, DL, DC AND DR, but because of the squad screen layout we get 1-2-2-3-2 instead of 3-2-3-2.
    KenoticFC and Jean.Monico like this.

As per old version, his full backs would be DML and DMR (and not DL and DR), as they are in a very advanced position. That's why the system set it as "1-2-2-3-2" and not "3-2-3-2"
    But anyway, even if it he set his full backs in a very defensive place (then it would be a 3-2-3-2), you would never see this sort of formation in real football. It's insane, with more players in the offensive side than in the defensive side of the pitch. I mean if some real team try it, they will probably lose easily!
    Last edited by Jean.Monico; 01-17-2018 at 03:27 PM.
    KenoticFC likes this.
    --

Quote Originally Posted by Jean.Monico View Post
    As per old version, his full backs would be DML and DMR (and not DL and DR), as they are in a very advanced position. That's why the system set it as "1-2-2-3-2" and not "3-2-3-2"
    But anyway, even if it he set his full backs in a very defensive place (then it would be a 3-2-3-2), you would never see this sort of formation in real football. It's insane, with more players in the offensive side than in the defensive side of the pitch. I mean if some real team try it, they will probably lose easily!
    That is one of the main things I noticed when I first started playing TE,, that formations with 3 defenders as DL DC DR aren't considered illegal, in real football that thing never happens. formations with 3 defenders are all DC DC DC. The game allows that and we have to adapt to this even thou it doesn't make sense. This type of illegal formations make me angry for one more thing in particular, they show that the game has no respect for the role of the defender and uses them only as reason when you lose. One year ago I even remember fullback used to be more realistic because they gave more assists and scored more goals, now i feel that fullbacks are just DC's and I'm staritng to see that classic formations DL DC DC DR feel like I'm playing with 4 classic DC's.
    Jean.Monico likes this.

I see a lot of successfull managers playing with 3W formations ;/ I feel this kind of formation should suffer a lot of goals.

And since this new version (with that matchup view), it looks like it's favourable to formations that have 1 player in every place of the field. Like that " DL DC DR, DMC, ML, MC, MR, AMC, ST, ST" that is being really hard to beat. In the match up view, you can put many of your players anywhere, but the zone of the field will never look favourable to you (with that bright color) because your opponent has players everywhere
    KenoticFC likes this.
    --

Exactly my thoughts the guy I lost my title last season had an even more aggressive formation:
    DL DC DR
    DC
    MC MC
    AML AMC AMR
    ST

Playing down both flanks didn't seem to affect him at all. He had his attackers score a lot and he won the title, no tactics taken into consideration just how good your forward player are and the more they scored the more favorite his team was seen by the engine. I had 3 main attackers AML/AMR/ST he had 1 more so of course the stupid game sees his team as superior.
    Jean.Monico likes this.

I have the same concern. But we must not get worried.

As we are posting in the technical issues section, someone from nordeus will come to your post here and explain with details how athe game maths work and why these teams are still winning ;p
    hahaha dreaming Zzz

Now seriously
    This season, I have lost only 2 matches (in the champions league group stage). It was the same opponent, against a 3W formation. First match I tried my 4-2-3W-1. Started playing flanks, 2nd half I attacked through the middle, but it didn't have any effect. I lost 1-2 and my team gave only 2 shots on target.

Then I faced again the same team and I decided to try a different approach.
    For the first time I tried this matchup view. I created a formation through matchup view that would show me some "advantage".
    This formation was 3N-1-4-2. By my side of the pitch, all colours were in my favor. By opponent's side of the pitch, I had advantage on MC's and ST's. So i decided playing through the middle. It seemed to work, my team had more possession and shot a lot more than the opponent. But I lost 0-1.

Today I face a team on Cup. it's a bit stronger than mine and he uses this formation that is giving me headache. So i'll give another chance to this matchup view that shows me a little bit of advantage using this 3n-1-4-2 formation (even with the fact that I dont like this formation). I'll play through the middle and let's see how it works.

Illegal formations need to be punished.-3w-00.jpg
    KenoticFC likes this.
    --

Just to update here. His "illegal" formation was, somehow, punished. I won that match 4-0 ;O
    KenoticFC likes this.
    --