Thread: Goalkeeper or NOT?

Goalkeeper or NOT?

Why has my Goalkeeper scored two goals this season so far? It was even more last season, 7 or 8 I seem to remember!
    Why is he constantly crossing the ball in open play?
    Why can I not train my goal-scoring Goalkeeper to be an out-field player?
    How can I make my Goealkeeper stay in Goal?

Your GK stays in the goal.....

For example: when the opponent is kicking the ball long forwards, and his striker gives a well timed pass, why did my STRIKER blocks the ball insted of my defender?

I guess that T11 sometimes hussled the players names during matches, but don't think that your GK will play as a fieldplayer.......when he keeping the balls out of the goal, there's nothing to worry about.

And you can't train him that way because he is a GK :P
    Even so you can't train a striker to be a GK!

The GK positions is a very specialized position
    Playing with team: Oranje

And if your GK has scored, maybe it was a shootout, or you set him to take free kicks, penalty's ?

Agree with LeGod7, scoring is very odd in this game. my Strikers rarely score, my defender is score leader in my team. stats like 22-23 as defender and passing, dribbling 16-17, Shooting - Finishing 12 vs my strikers Shooting - Finishing 35-39. My worst defender made 17 goals (second best scorer on the league) my best striker made 3 goals total that season. WHY? They both played about equal amounts of matches..maybe my defender played few less matches as he was reserv for my main injured defender but most of time have injured players.
    My GK have also made a goal and he is not set as freekick or penalty kicker and never ever been on other position.
    Last edited by Mifflo; 04-28-2013 at 11:19 PM.

That would be rare......sure my MC or even a DC did score 1 or 2 goals, but it's my ST (or the one who has set in taking free-kicks/penaltys) who scores the most.