Thread: Wrong Champions League table position

Wrong Champions League table position

I have the same points -wins/losses as someone else in my champions League table but have a much higher goal difference. Despite this I'm in 2nd place. How is this possible?

What was your head to head record with him? That is how CL is calculated in the event of a tie, not goal difference. Just like real life.
    ROMANBY VILLAGE FC (founded December 24th 2013)
    Level 121
    49 League
    8 Champions League
    3 Super League
    12 Cup

1 Super Cup

Top Eleven Forum Moderator

Max
    Quote Originally Posted by Komatoes View Post
    I have the same points -wins/losses as someone else in my champions League table but have a much higher goal difference. Despite this I'm in 2nd place. How is this possible?
    You could have had less head to head away goals, Goal difference or less points against him, here are top eleven’s rules for this scenario.

1. Highest number of points.
    2. The best goal difference from the group matches played between teams level on points.
    3. The highest number of goals scored between teams that are level.
    4. The highest number of goals scored away from home between the teams that are level.
    5. If two teams are still level after applying steps 1-4, repeat the steps and apply the above criteria exclusively to the two teams concerned. If the two teams still remain level, criteria 6 and 7 should be applied.
    6. The best goal difference from all group matches played.
    7. Highest number of goals scored from all group matches played.

And if everything is still the same there, there will be a playoff between the 2 teams in question.

Sent from my iPhone using by pressing the Reply button.

Thanks for replying. Looks like they took it on away goals.