Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Lionel Messi vs Cristiano Ronaldo

I would like to have seen REAL stars of the past, playing now. Players like Pele, Ferenc Puskas and Stanley Matthews, were true greats, when players had heavy leather footballs (with laces), heavy solid boots (not slippers like today), and used to play on wet, muddy pitches, unlike the capets of today. Bet Ronaldo or Messi wouldn't have been so good then.
    LONDON CITY

Olympic Stadium...East London

Season 47...........Manager Level 33

Super Moderator PricopGeorgeCătălin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Raykco View Post
    I would like to have seen REAL stars of the past, playing now. Players like Pele, Ferenc Puskas and Stanley Matthews, were true greats, when players had heavy leather footballs (with laces), heavy solid boots (not slippers like today), and used to play on wet, muddy pitches, unlike the capets of today. Bet Ronaldo or Messi wouldn't have been so good then.
    Not always, they had great pitches too, their boots was normal and at the start Messi and Ronaldo had same...
    Orlova FC - onForum - LIKE Orlova FC - onYoutube - SUBSCRIBE Orlova FC - onFacebook

when you want to compare Messi with someone you compare him to Pele or Maradona right?
    when you want to compare Ronaldo with someone you compare him to Messi.
    there's your answer right there.
    Loserpool and QuocBao like this.

Messi..

Messi score`s more, better control and intiligent footbal player. He`s small but can score by head, by foot, and from evrywhere.
    Messi broke alot of records, and can be placed in many positions - left, right, striker, midfield. Messi and ronaldo both important for the clubs they playing but it is stupid to say he will not preform this to other team, didnt you see how many english clubs, german clubs he played against and won..? it seems he can, and he preform very good against them. Messi play in the midfield in argentina thats why he cant come out like he do in barcelona but its going better, and portugal with ronaldo is rubish cause they cant even win against isreal come one. Messi is just the best, living legend of all time.! face it
    Saransh Vatsa likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by PricopGeorgeCătălin View Post
    Not always, they had great pitches too, their boots was normal and at the start Messi and Ronaldo had same...
    Sorry. I have to disagree. The old style boots were over twice as heavy as they are now, Also, watch some videos of matches pre 1980's, the pitches were more like fields than the state of the art things they are now. And those footballs were extremely heavy once they got wet and covered in mud. All these things had gone from the game, long before Ronaldo and Messi were even born.

I have been watching football for almost 50 years.
    LONDON CITY

Olympic Stadium...East London

Season 47...........Manager Level 33

Quote Originally Posted by Raykco View Post
    Sorry. I have to disagree. The old style boots were over twice as heavy as they are now, Also, watch some videos of matches pre 1980's, the pitches were more like fields than the state of the art things they are now. And those footballs were extremely heavy once they got wet and covered in mud. All these things had gone from the game, long before Ronaldo and Messi were even born.

I have been watching football for almost 50 years.
    Even now you can find worst pitches then before and look at the that from final tournaments like Euro, World Cup, they was perfect.

About boots, when I was younger I had this old model and is not so hard to play with them but of course is better with this new model.

But now the quality of football is much better then before, there are a lot of skilled players comparing with years 1940-1980.
    Orlova FC - onForum - LIKE Orlova FC - onYoutube - SUBSCRIBE Orlova FC - onFacebook

They are both amazing players, it's such a pleasure to watch them playing.To choose between them it's like choosing between 2 different beer companies, better drink both

It's almost the end, Messi have an advantage of 7 goals we will see ...

Quote Originally Posted by Otelul Galati83 View Post
    They are both amazing players, it's such a pleasure to watch them playing.To choose between them it's like choosing between 2 different beer companies, better drink both
    I agree with you

Pro
    My two cents worth,
    having so much talent with the left foot , with the right, with both, in th air... the foresight to read the game and adjust accordingly, etc is what makes the individual player rise above the rest of the pack. To me there is only one attribute that brings a smile to my face when watching a match... The player/s who pull their team mates... who push their colleagues, who will battle to the final whistle and never say die attitude, not for individual glory, but for the team. For the point.

A few come to mind, but the player who stands out, for me, at club and international level, was Maradonna.
    In other words, a leader of men, on the pitch.
    Whether Messi or Ronaldo equal or surpass this type of player, I'll make that judgement when they retire and rest their ugly looking feet.
    Until then best wishes to them and their accomplishments...all the trophies, medals, awards, etc are only stepping stones to my big picture.

At this stage in Messi and Ronaldo's careers, I think you can guess which one I am leaning towards.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast