Thread: Asymethric Formations

sdw
    Apprentice

Asymethric Formations

Maybe in this game,the asymethric formations loose some possession,but I still believe the asymetric formations with different red and blue arrows are with big role.In this case you can use your players exactly in the way you want.In example : you're playing with asymethric formations and you have two MC's.One of them is more stronger at attack,the other in physic and defense.In SYMETHRIC formation is stupid to use red and blue arrows on the two MC's in the formation.There's no sense.But in one asymethric formation,you can use it.You can think your own formation and think for yourself to be real manager,not only buying tokens and fly in the sky that you're great manager.
    In this thread I suggest :
    -Discussing asymethric formations and your oppinions.
    -Share your experience with or against asymethric formations.
    -Share your personal asymethric formations that you've ever used.
    -Comment and rate the other's formations.

sdw
    Apprentice
    I'll begin with some defensive formations,based on counter attacks from the right flank:
    -------ST-----------------------
    -------------------AMC--------
    ------MC---MC---------MR-
    -----DMC----------------------
    DL----------DC--DC--DR--
    -------------GK----------------

This tactic is obviosly very asymethric but if you use the right arrows you can manage it very well.I'll be honest,I never try it.
    I'll use red arrows on : DR,left MC,MR
    I'll use blue arrows on : DMC.
    If the game engine is good,the tactic will be excellent.It's based on good defense from the left,cuz you have DL and DMC is using blue arrow(I want to underline that the DMC is on the left side,next to DML position,and if you use zonal marking,this player is very usefull to stop the wing attacks),so this will stop attacking midfielders and attacking wingers very easy with zonal marking.The two DC's are very near each other and this make your defense very strong.DR must be very good,cuz you use him with red arrows to begin the counter-attacks from the right flank(dont you forget,this tactic is based from attacking from the right flank).The two MC's and DMC behind them are gaining ball possession and they're focusing to pass to the MR or the right AMC(the Attacking midfielder is on the right side,next to AMR position).One counter-attack with very fast MR and AMC with good dribble and shooting from distance is great.And if your striker is very good,maybe with special goalscorer,this will give you more chances to score.Dont forget the left MC's who is above the DMC..He's with red arrow and he can shoot from distance too.
    What you think guys?
    Last edited by sdw; 06-18-2013 at 05:17 PM.

Your logic is valid. I'm not quite sure why you have the ST all the way left though? Why haven't you tried it?

I often use asymmetric formations shift to one in a match, even if it's just different arrows on the MCs, either to take advantage of an opponent's weak spot, or to bolster defense where they seem to be getting an advantage against me.

Those who simply use the "counter formation x with formation y" seem to freak out when faced with an asymmetric formation because they have no idea why formation y is effective against formation x so they can't adapt.
    ~^~*~^~ My opinions are best when taken with a grain of salt. No iodine added. ~^~*~^~