Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By sdw
  • 1 Post By essokimo

Thread: Position and bad ratings

sdw
    Apprentice

Position and bad ratings

I've read a lot of threads about bad ratings and low scoreness.
    Sooo in this small thread I'll try to explain what is the reason that I think it is cuz I played from almost two years and a half and I tried a lot of experiments.
    In a lot of threads I've read that the reason is the player.Yes,this is right but not everytime.If the player has only one position and play with bad rating,maybe there is no healing of the problem.Of course you can try to let him as substitute and only train him.But I think this is bull****s... Everytime there is a reason and the more common reason is the formation that you.There are two options : the formation that you use or the position that your player plays(if he has two positions).Once I had scout player with average rating 5-6 ... I didnt use him 4-5 matches and I train him a lot.He had only one position.Then I changed the formation and he began to play with average 7-8,sometimes 9 rating...
    You often change your formations and your players play with bad rating,this is the other reason.Maybe your players dont play so well on this positions(if they have two possible positions).For an example : my favourite formation is 4-5-1 V style formation but this season I cannot play with it.I have two good players who are wings and have two possible positions - the first is ML/AML and the second is MR/AMR.One of my DC's has second position DMC but in 4-5-1 V I use him as DC.I had 2 consecutive losts and 3 consecutive draws(5 matches without win) from weaker teams.So I changed the formation.I began to play with mapple leaf.I've already use 2 DMC's(instead the one DC) and I use ML and MR positions,instead AML and AMR.I use one MC and AMC(before two MC's but one of them was with very low rating).And now all my players are playing with high rating and I have 6 consecutive wins.

So if your players are playing with bad ratings and has two positions use the second one.The reason is that :
    AMC - if your player is AMC,maybe he has second position(AML or AMR).He was trained as winger,not attacking midfielder.As AMC he will play with bad rating.
    DC/DMC - A lot of players are using this two positions.If you use him as DMC,be sure to balance his skills.If you use as DC and he has already balanced positions,maybe he will not play so well cuz you must concentrate on defensing and physical skills.If he is balanced,his tackles and markings are lower than unbalancing DC and in that case,he is weaker in that position.Of course I want to underline - if you choose to train your players unbalancing,never disbalance them so much.
    DML/DMR/DMC - A lot of DML/DMR don't play so much good because they were trained as DL/DR/ML/MR/DMC.And the vice versa,some DMC's doesn't play so well on this position,they're playing better as DML/DMR if they have second position of course.

And one very important thing not on last position : - more changing your formations gives you bad rating and bad results.If you find formation that all your players are playing well,use it.Take my example for 4-5-1 V style.From favourite formation,I will not use it next two seasons if I use the same players,cuz they cannot play it so well.
    AuroraXXI likes this.

Apprentice
    agree with this but some times the player is just bad even if you try anything .for me i have very bad luck with goal keapers i buy good ones i train in god way put skill points for defence and physics and still disaster every season rating 4 or 5 or 6 the best rating was 7 few matches and i played alot against bad teams was very low quality goalkeapers and have rating 8 and 9 usually .i lost important matches because of this goal keapers!!hopleless case i think
    Yinhung likes this.

Interesting, I have heard some people say something about hidden attributes in the player as well. I played a 4-5-1V against a narrow Diamond with similar q and was well beaten so don't think you can just stick to your fav formation and you have to counter it to give yourself the best chance.
    F.C. United
    League Won 11
    League Runner up 4
    Cup Won 3
    Cup Finalist 3
    Champions League Won 5
    Champions League Finalist 9

Season 23 Level 23

United Til I Die
    League Won 12
    League Runner Up 4
    Champions League Won 2
    Champions League Finalist 7
    Cups Won 1
    Cup Finalist 2

Season 32 Level 27 (Retired)

sdw
    Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by reddeviljohn View Post
    Interesting, I have heard some people say something about hidden attributes in the player as well. I played a 4-5-1V against a narrow Diamond with similar q and was well beaten so don't think you can just stick to your fav formation and you have to counter it to give yourself the best chance.
    If your formation is quite good formation,hard to counter,I think you have to stick to it.4-5-1 V style is that kind of formations,that you can use it all season without changing...But in my case,this season 4-5-1 is dragging me below the league table.I dont know the reason but now Im playing with another formation that my players plays better with good ratings and Im winning.I changed my formation once to 4-5-1 V again and I lost.So now Im using Mapple leaf.