Thread: Most important game of the season - Match for the League!

Rookie

Most important game of the season - Match for the League!

Hello everybody!

Today I have the most important game of the season against the 1st of my league.
    I'm 2 points down so I must win to be first and try to win the league

He plays an annoying 5-3W-1-1 formation that I could not beat on first game... it was a 2-2 draw.
    I played that game with 4-1-2-1-2 Narrow Diamond formation!

Today I was thinking 4-1-3N-1-1...
    Was hoping to have more control of the game with an extra MC instead of 2 strikers since my AMC is shadow striker

I also thought 3-1-4-1-1 to have even more ball control but I lack of ML and MR and a 3rd DC to acomplish this formation.

Any ideas?

Rookie
    Bump!

Any ideas?

I think I will end up using 4-1-3N-1-1 because my squad is mostly center-attack based... don't have ML-MR // AML-AMR to attack flanks (I usually play narrow diamond!)

Rookie
    Ok just to update this.

Final score 1-1

I played 4-1-3N-1-1 and missed some "easy" goals... how strange!
    Could someone help me with this stats:

I shot 21 times but just 5 on goal
    Other team 9 shots but 6 on goal...

Why so many shots and just 6 on goal?

I should play flank based attack against this formation but had no ML - MR // AML - AMR.

Apprentice
    he blocked mostly of your shots probably , other team has less chances but manage to get the ball on target.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilson Loo View Post
    he blocked mostly of your shots probably , other team has less chances but manage to get the ball on target.
    How can I "avoid" that?
    I mean, if I buy a very good striker for example I could have less "blocks"?

I'm asking because today I had the same problem against a lower lvl team and I couldn't score a single goal (22 quality me vs 14 other team!)

21 shots - 12 on goal but 0 goals... at least this time more shots on goal!

Shoots ans Shoots on Target count, without there is no forensic Analyses possible, so with much more info, team setups and formations, full statistic screen, people here on Forum could tell you more.
    'Sometimes in football you have to score goals.' - Thierry Henry
    'Success is no accident. It is hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice and most of all, love of what you are doing or learning to do.' - Pele

League first in Season 1, 2, 3 // CL Champion Season 2 // Cup Champion Season 2
    Current Season: League Standings 1 // CL in progress // Cup out in 1/4 Finals

Apprentice
    4-1-3N-1-1 has just 1 striker and 1 AMC + it is based on middle attack. forget about MC. u has just 2 attackers and both of them are at the middle. opponent defense just have to focus on the middle and it is easy to block your shot.
    this is an example which lack of attack. he is using 5 defenders and this is worse for u as u cant break it with just 1 ST. personally i prefer ST over AMC .
    here is an example of mine. this match is just 1 week ago.Attachment 10029
    i have wingers , and lone striker. surely he is using defensive formation so i use attacking mentality and win it easily.
    4 of my goals are from
    1) my lone striker solo goal
    2)free kick
    3)an assist from my ML to my MC
    4)corner
    if he is using defensive formation you should push him with attacking mentality.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by flatthg View Post
    Shoots ans Shoots on Target count, without there is no forensic Analyses possible, so with much more info, team setups and formations, full statistic screen, people here on Forum could tell you more.
    Thanks I will do so, but usually I play from my phone so it's hard to take screens and post them over here but Will do that!

Quote Originally Posted by Wilson Loo View Post
    4-1-3N-1-1 has just 1 striker and 1 AMC + it is based on middle attack. forget about MC. u has just 2 attackers and both of them are at the middle. opponent defense just have to focus on the middle and it is easy to block your shot.
    this is an example which lack of attack. he is using 5 defenders and this is worse for u as u cant break it with just 1 ST. personally i prefer ST over AMC .
    here is an example of mine. this match is just 1 week ago.Attachment 10029
    i have wingers , and lone striker. surely he is using defensive formation so i use attacking mentality and win it easily.
    4 of my goals are from
    1) my lone striker solo goal
    2)free kick
    3)an assist from my ML to my MC
    4)corner
    if he is using defensive formation you should push him with attacking mentality.
    I was worried to play attacking because he plays counter (I'm quite sure about this... but can't tell for sure!)

I understand what you say, but I don't have players to attack in wide formation, that was the biggest mistake of this season for me, all I had was to attack through the center...

Maybe I should have played 4-3-3 since I had no ML-MR or AML-AMR...

Thanks for the tips

Apprentice
    if u dont use wide player i suggest 4-1-2-3 rather than 4-3-3 . just a suggestion.