Thread: How to counter 4-2mc-3w-1. Help

How to counter 4-2mc-3w-1. Help

His average player is 5* almost 6*. Im not far behind but my team has been playing poorly recently. Any suggestions

If I played against him, I'd probably use 4-1-4-1 attacking down both flanks, defensive, and counter attack.
    Last edited by HULIANO; 08-13-2013 at 02:08 AM.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by BMD23 View Post
    His average player is 5* almost 6*. Im not far behind but my team has been playing poorly recently. Any suggestions
    Attachment 10808
    Attachment 10809

Okay I test his formation against 4-1-4-1. First, I set defensive, both flanks, own half, normal tackling, mixed passing, zonal: Lost 0-1 in very early. I switch to whole pitch and hard tackling, score 3 goals in a row.

However, the end result is 3-3 and it went for PK.

I used red arrows on DL/LR and ML/MR and DMC also. You may want to put BLUE arrow on DMC, so he will just be there to defend the other's side AMC. I think it will be better.

If your ST has good attacking skills, he'll score a a lot to make up for your ML/MR. You can see the rating and quality of defenders and DMC from the 4-1-4-1 side is very low, still they can do a decent job of keeping other team's AMC/AMR/AML from scoring too much.

Hope that helps you win tomorrow
    Last edited by HULIANO; 08-13-2013 at 03:16 AM.

[QUOTE=HULIANO;136757]Attachment 10808
    Attachment 10809

Okay I test his formation against 4-1-4-1. First, I set defensive, both flanks, own half, normal tackling, mixed passing, zonal: Lost 0-1 in very early. I switch to whole pitch and hard tackling, score 3 goals in a row.

I used red arrows on DL/LR and ML/MR and DMC also. You may want to put BLUE arrow on DMC, so he will just be there to defend the other's side AMC. I think it will be better.

If your ST has good attacking skills, he'll score a a lot to make up for your ML/MR. You can see the rating and quality of defenders and DMC from the 4-1-4-1 side is very low, still they can do a decent job of keeping other team's AMC/AMR/AML from scoring too much.

Hope that helps you win tomorrow [/QUOT
    ...........Thanks for the info man. Ill let you know the result.
    While I've got your ear Im looking for suggestions for countering 3w-1-3w-3. First leg I tied him 1-1 away playing 3n-4-3 attack flanks short passing. I NEED TO WIN! Any ideas?

[QUOTE=BMD23;136763]
    Quote Originally Posted by HULIANO View Post
    Attachment 10808
    Attachment 10809

Hope that helps you win tomorrow [/QUOT
    ...........Thanks for the info man. Ill let you know the result.
    While I've got your ear Im looking for suggestions for countering 3w-1-3w-3. First leg I tied him 1-1 away playing 3n-4-3 attack flanks short passing. I NEED TO WIN! Any ideas?
    4-5-1, 4-4-2 classic, or 4-3W-3 will work as his DMC will become wasteful when you only use strikers. For 4-5-1, your only striker must be pretty good at one-on-one. The weakness of 3W-1-3W-3 is its 3 defenders and 3 midfielders.

I'd probably use 4-5-1 to gain ball possession in the midfield so his MCs and MR/ML do not have many chances to feed the ball to his STs. If his team is stronger, I'd use hard tackling and whole pitch so we limit the chance of getting fouls near the box and control the midfield. Mixed focus and mixed passing. Blue arrows on two DCs.

[QUOTE=HULIANO;136777]
    Quote Originally Posted by BMD23 View Post

4-5-1, 4-4-2 classic, or 4-3W-3 will work as his DMC will become wasteful when you only use strikers. For 4-5-1, your only striker must be pretty good at one-on-one. The weakness of 3W-1-3W-3 is its 3 defenders and 3 midfielders.

I'd probably use 4-5-1 to gain ball possession in the midfield so his MCs and MR/ML do not have many chances to feed the ball to his STs. If his team is stronger, I'd use hard tackling and whole pitch so we limit the chance of getting fouls near the box and control the midfield. Mixed focus and mixed passing. Blue arrows on two DCs.

..................... Won 3-0. He changed to 4-1-3w-2. I went with 4-5-1v-style, attack flanks. Whole pitch, hard tackle &mxd passing. At 60 mins I switched to 3n-1-4-2. Normal, short pass, mxd/ flames Hard tackle whole pitch.
    Thanks for everyone's help

Cool

[QUOTE=BMD23;137101]
    Quote Originally Posted by HULIANO View Post

..................... Won 3-0. He changed to 4-1-3w-2. I went with 4-5-1v-style, attack flanks. Whole pitch, hard tackle &mxd passing. At 60 mins I switched to 3n-1-4-2. Normal, short pass, mxd/ flames Hard tackle whole pitch.
    Thanks for everyone's help
    Congratulations 3-0 is a lil bit too much for your opponent