Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: tactics for 4-1-4-1

tactics for 4-1-4-1

My best players can make up a decent 4-1-4-1 formation, however I'm not sure about the formation setting for this formation.

What do you reckon is the best order for this formation?
    mentality/focus passing/pressing/tackling/passing/marking/counterattack/offside trap?
    arrows for any players?

currently results are decent but i'm not getting enough goals even against inferior team.

Help please? Thanks

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Chong View Post
    My best players can make up a decent 4-1-4-1 formation, however I'm not sure about the formation setting for this formation.

What do you reckon is the best order for this formation?
    mentality/focus passing/pressing/tackling/passing/marking/counterattack/offside trap?
    arrows for any players?

currently results are decent but i'm not getting enough goals even against inferior team.

Help please? Thanks
    My favorite one ^^ Defensive, attack down both flanks, focus mixed, normal, own-half, mixed passing. UP on DMC, DL/DR, and ML/MR. Still on unbeaten run in the league for 2 seasons with this formation ) Make sure you have strong ML/MR and awesome ST, you can score a lot of goals just like any other attacking formations.
    owlique likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by HULIANO View Post
    My favorite one ^^ Defensive, attack down both flanks, focus mixed, normal, own-half, mixed passing. UP on DMC, DL/DR, and ML/MR. Still on unbeaten run in the league for 2 seasons with this formation ) Make sure you have strong ML/MR and awesome ST, you can score a lot of goals just like any other attacking formations.
    Defensive mentality? I've always went with attacking mentality, maybe that's why i concede quite alot of goals
    My ST is excellent stat-wise, ML/MR are not bad.. but my 2 MCs are the best stat among my team. Should i play passing through the middle because of this? or stay with down both flanks?

what about force counter attack and offside trap?

Thanks alot!

Defensive mentality? I've always went with attacking mentality, maybe that's why i concede quite alot of goals
    My ST is excellent stat-wise, ML/MR are not bad.. but my 2 MCs are the best stat among my team. Should i play passing through the middle because of this? or stay with down both flanks?

Thanks alot!
    Counter-attack and NO offside trap, you can use focus mixed but I myself prefer both flanks. It also depends on your opponent's formation, if he has strong DL/DR and ML/MR then I switch to mixed passing or through the middle. If he has strong DMC and DCs, or he has 3 MCs and no ML/MR, then I go for attacking down both flanks.

This is a defensive formation ... It's better to play defensively with counter attack. For my team, usually whenever we counter attack, we score.

Thanks alot!
    If you can get a ST with one-on-one scorer SA, with the same quality as your ST has right now, he'll score a lot more. Playing this 4-1-4-1 formation, your whole team can score. If you have a strong midfield they will score a lot also, and actually your ST with high passing skills can assist many goals. My ST's been scoring 20, assisting 19 so far this season
    Pierek likes this.

If you can get a ST with one-on-one scorer SA, with the same quality as your ST has right now, he'll score a lot more. Playing this 4-1-4-1 formation, your whole team can score. If you have a strong midfield they will score a lot also, and actually your ST with high passing skills can assist many goals. My ST's been scoring 20, assisting 19 so far this season
    I use to be play 4-1-4-1 and I agree what you saying , but I always go for attacking mentality, My ST score 21 and assits 15 in 13 match
    HULIANO likes this.

NCK FC stats:
    Season 7,Level 7
    League Winner : 4 time (Season 3,4,5,6)
    League Runner-up: 1 time (Season 2)
    Champion League Winner: 1 time (Season 6)
    Champion League Runner-up: 1 time (Season 4)
    Cup Runner up: 1 time (Season 2)

Thanks for your advice, I've made the changes and I'll see how it goes for tonight's games!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ng Chun Kiat View Post
    I use to be play 4-1-4-1 and I agree what you saying , but I always go for attacking mentality, My ST score 21 and assits 15 in 13 match
    I am currently using attacking mentality, but I'm conceding a little bit too many goals for my liking, especially for a formation as defensive looking as this.
    In spite of scoring lot's of goals, do you concede goals too?

4-1-4-1 there are 2 formations

ST

ML MC MC MR
    DMC

back four

Defensive

ST
    AML AMC AMC AMR
    MC

back four

attacking.
    My Team<<<<<<<< When we lose one blessing, another is often most unexpectedly given in its place.” –C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by fmldotcom View Post
    4-1-4-1 there are 2 formations

ST

ML MC MC MR
    DMC

back four

Defensive

ST
    AML AMC AMC AMR
    MC

back four

attacking.
    I think we're talking about the defensive one, actually I've rarely seen anyone playing the attacking version of 4-1-4-1 as there is only 1 MC

Thanks for your advice, I've made the changes and I'll see how it goes for tonight's games!!

I am currently using attacking mentality, but I'm conceding a little bit too many goals for my liking, especially for a formation as defensive looking as this.
    In spite of scoring lot's of goals, do you concede goals too?
    I've conceded only 8 this season

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast