Thread: Has anyone ever played against 3N-1-2N-2W-2?

Has anyone ever played against 3N-1-2N-2W-2?

I have my Champions League 2nd leg today and my opponent has changed his formation from the 1st leg due to me beating him 4-0 at his ground. He was playing 4-1-3-2 but has changed to this:

-------ST-----ST------
    AML ---------------AMR
    -------MC ---MC-------
    ---------DMC----------
    ----CB---CB---CB------

I usually play 3N-4-1-2 which did the damage in the 1st leg, I'm not too worried about the 2nd leg due to my 4 away goals as I'm thinking I only really need 1 goal at home to get me through as it would be very tough to score 5 away goals. I'm not familiar with this formation so I'm just looking for any tips to be safe. Both of our sides are pretty evenly matched in terms of quality even though he only has 5 subs.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by beckett110 View Post
    I have my Champions League 2nd leg today and my opponent has changed his formation from the 1st leg due to me beating him 4-0 at his ground. He was playing 4-1-3-2 but has changed to this:

-------ST-----ST------
    AML ---------------AMR
    -------MC ---MC-------
    ---------DMC----------
    ----CB---CB---CB------

I usually play 3N-4-1-2 which did the damage in the 1st leg, I'm not too worried about the 2nd leg due to my 4 away goals as I'm thinking I only really need 1 goal at home to get me through as it would be very tough to score 5 away goals. I'm not familiar with this formation so I'm just looking for any tips to be safe. Both of our sides are pretty evenly matched in terms of quality even though he only has 5 subs.

Any advice would be much appreciated.
    You play 4-2N-3W-1, dEfensive, down both flanks, normal tackle, mixed passing, counter-attack ON, offside trap OFF. The two DMCs with DL/DR will take care of his AMR/L. Those two DMCs and the 2 DCs behind will take good care of his 2 STs. He will stand no chance to beat you Good luck! Attacking down both flanks because he has no ML/MR and DL/DR and avoid losing the ball to his DMC and 2 MCs who can turn it into counter-attack against you.