Thread: Need expert advice for narrow diamond please

Loo

Need expert advice for narrow diamond please

Hey guys,

I´m new to the game and it would be great to get some advice on the settings (mentality, pass style etc.) and arrows for my team. So which pressing style, passing style, mentality etc. would you use with this team/formation? And would you take conter or offside trap or not? Where are the experts?

My team:

Need expert advice for narrow diamond please-formation.jpg

Best
    Loo
    Last edited by Loo; 08-26-2013 at 04:48 PM.

Rookie
    It works 4-5v-1 or 4-1-3w-2

Loo
    Thanks for your answer but I think you missed the point. I want to know which settings i should use when playing WITH the diamond and not against it.

Rookie
    It depends. If your opponents are better or weaker than you, if they play offensive or deffensive, if you play 2 games with same opponent, like in cup, home/away, etc...

Rookie
    You can go with defensive mentality away and normal home, mixed passing, play mixed when u meet opponents with strong midfield and play on the middle when their midfield it's weaker than yours, counterattack always, hard tackle against stronger opponents if they do not have a SA freekick...

Loo
    Thanks Florian. Good advice that I can work with. Today i have the second Cup game against an opponent (lost the first). You mentioned that it is a special case if I play the same opponent twice. What do you mean by that?

Rookie
    What i mean it's that your first result, let's say away, could have an influence on how you gonna prepare for the next game (home).

Off topic. Remember this. One single formation, in your case, 4-1-2-1-2 ND, it's not enough. You gonna play against loads of different tactics/formations and every formation have a counterformation. So, my advice, and probably many others will tell you the same thing, try to have players with 2-3 positions on the pitch, so you can switch and use a different formation for every player you meet.
    I am used to switch between 4-1-2-1-2, 4-5-1V, 4-2-2-2 and 2-3 more, so i have DL,DC,DR,DMC,MC,AMR,AMC,AML,ST. Almost everything except MR, ML,DML,DMR. If u'll use ND against any opponent, u'll lose more games then u expect.