Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Elhadji

Thread: Counter 5-2-1-2

Counter 5-2-1-2

I played 1-1 in my first cup game against this team (I had home advantage)

I used a 4-4-2 against him with arrows pointing up on my DL/ML and DR/MR.
    Mixed passing and attacking down both flanks. Also Attacking and offside traps. Normal tackling and zonal marking style.

I really thought that was a good tactic and considering I had home advantage and we both got about the same rating I thought I would win the first game. 61-39 to me in possession and about equal amount of shots.

What did I do wrong and what should I change to the next game to beat him?
    I appreciate any idea, thank you.

he is strong from defense so,i will go for 4-1-4-1,mixed passing,through the middle so they can forward to the striker..no offside trap and no counter attack..long passing if you have low ball possession otherwise mixed passing...own half..normal mentall and zonal marking good luck

I see, something like this then? With normal attacking. Perhaps I shouldn't have any arrows on my wingers.
    And in case he scores I will have to go more offensive then 4-4-2 will be more suitable and offensive wingers and full attacking/attacking?

Thanks for the advice!
    Prince Umair likes this.

Anyone with more tips/advices? My game is tonight at 20.04 CET

good luck and yeah 4-1-2-1-2 narrow diamond would also be a good idea against this formation

—-ST—-ST–
    ——AMC—-
    —-MC–MC—
    ——DMC—–
    DL-DC-DC-DR

I used 4-1-4-1 as shown above, won 0-4(1-5 total) and I'm through to next round.
    It really makes me wonder how the first game could be 1-1 and second 0-4 me only by doing that relatively "minor" change.
    Thanks for the help Prince Umair.

Quote Originally Posted by Elhadji View Post
    I used 4-1-4-1 as shown above, won 0-4(1-5 total) and I'm through to next round.
    It really makes me wonder how the first game could be 1-1 and second 0-4 me only by doing that relatively "minor" change.
    Attacking and offside goes not together. With 4 at the back you can better play without offside attack

Quote Originally Posted by Elhadji View Post
    You're welcome...Good luck for the upcoming matches

Illegal formation spotted. You will win with ease.