Assymetric Narrow Diamnd

Hello. Which is the beste counter against this assymetric Narrow Diamond

----------GK----------
    -DR--DC------DC--DL-
    ---------DMC---------
    --MR--------MC-------
    ---------AMC---------
    -----ST------ST------

I was thinking about a 3N-5-3 V whith a red arrow in the AMR and none in the AML...or just play with the same formation, given that 3 points than he...

First of all, I never heard of a 3-5-3, maybe you meant 3-4-3 or 3-5-2, however i would recommend 4-4-2 all normal no arrows or 3-5-2 defensive counter atack hard tackle for more possesion, you decide I would've used the good o'll 4-4-2

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin Georgiev View Post
    First of all, I never heard of a 3-5-3, maybe you meant 3-4-3 or 3-5-2, however i would recommend 4-4-2 all normal no arrows or 3-5-2 defensive counter atack hard tackle for more possesion, you decide I would've used the good o'll 4-4-2
    3N-5-2V, sorry..
    i doesn' t have very good experience with 4-4-2 but in this case probably u are right--i was going gor 3-5-2 (with a dmc...) and then turn to 3-5-2V but my left flank would be weak..

4-4-2 it is..thanks..

Pro
    narrow diamond used to be the counter for 442, though it doesn't seem to be as effective as it once was. Still wouldn't play it though lol

Rookie
    I've been playing narrow diamond for 4 seasons now and I always have problems against lower quality 4-4-2 formations (I manage to win but 1-0, 2-1 with far better team!)