Thread: Help against 5-3W-2

Rookie

Help against 5-3W-2

I played last night against this formation using 4-3-1-2 and won 1-0 but my team is 9 points above in quality than other team so I was expecting some better score for away game!

I always have problems against this formation... don't know what else to try!

I have been playing narrow diamond for the last 4 seasons and always had great results (won League 2 times, CL 1 time and I'm 10 points ahead 2nd on my league right now so probably win league again!)

We both had same shots on goal, and I had 2 or 3 extra shots on target.
    My keeper 1 save and opponent team 2 saves.

What do you think?

Should I buy a ML and MR and copy opponents formation for away game?
    Or maybe play 5-3N-2? (against 5-3W-2) and play deffensive just in case? hehe

I probably would play 442, since he is plrobably playing defensive, long pass, both flanks, counteratack.
    You are already winning 1-0, só If someone has to score is your oponent, you just need to play safe, dont suffer a goal, and try to score another one.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Dman2pt View Post
    I probably would play 442, since he is plrobably playing defensive, long pass, both flanks, counteratack.
    You are already winning 1-0, só If someone has to score is your oponent, you just need to play safe, dont suffer a goal, and try to score another one.
    I don't have any ML or MR xD
    That's why I was thinking 5-3N-2 so I will almost "copy" his tactic

If I buy ML and MR I think will play same as opponent and play defensive aswell

Help against 5-3W-2-untitled2.jpg

What about this one. But add blue arrow to the ML.

Good luck.

Rookie
    Thanks for the replys but I think I will copy 5-3W-2 formation of my opponent and play defensive + long ball + down both flanks...

As you said I don't really need to score, the other team has to, so I will expect to have good ball possesion and have a peaceful game :P

Rookie
    Ok so I played same formation and lost 2-1 but qualified for semifinals since I won 1-0 home game...

I'm disappointed because with a team much better than him had to struggle a lot!

Don't know what should try for next time... pain in the ass formation lol

Rookie
    4-3N-2(AML/AMR)-1

4-5-1 V-Style

3N-5-2 flat

thats advices from other guys but i thing 4-4-2 Classic with red arrows on ML and MR or 4-1-4-1

Rookie
    My problem was that I have no AML - AMR so I bought ML and MR just for this game and still lost xD

I will keep ML and MR because that will become handy against strong 4-4-2 formations or If I want to play 4-1-4-1 as you said

Against 5 defenders is hard to score!
    I never lost playing narrow diamond or 3n-1-2 formation, but always score was short (1-1, 1-0, 2-1 etc)