Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Looking ahead to possible CL match, first time seeing his formation

Looking ahead to possible CL match, first time seeing his formation

I'm looking ahead to who my opponent could be should I win my next CL match. Our teams seem fairly even quality

He plays

--------ST--------
    AML---AMC---AMR
    ------------------
    DML---DMC---DMR
    ---DC--DC--DC---

Would the 3-2-2-2-1 Butterfly be good here? I'm thinking I should keep 5 back to mark the 4 attackers. Attacking mentality, mixed passing focus, press own half, normal tackling, mixed passing style, zonal, counter attack.

Better options?

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Leal View Post
    I'm looking ahead to who my opponent could be should I win my next CL match. Our teams seem fairly even quality

He plays

--------ST--------
    AML---AMC---AMR
    ------------------
    DML---DMC---DMR
    ---DC--DC--DC---

Would the 3-2-2-2-1 Butterfly be good here? I'm thinking I should keep 5 back to mark the 4 attackers. Attacking mentality, mixed passing focus, press own half, normal tackling, mixed passing style, zonal, counter attack.

Better options?
    I'd go with 4-1-3W-2, attack through the middle

Thanks!

I think it's time I start teaching my scout MC's new roles. The 3W midfield will keep one of them off the pitch unless I play him out of position.

Pro
    Huliano, I am a newbie and also want to learn. My question is.... Is your suggestion not a man for man marking?
    Where is the point of difference or advantage?
    Please advise? Also I do not know the strength of the players, so I beg forgiveness for ignorance

Pro
    Okay fairly even

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by DiZZee View Post
    Huliano, I am a newbie and also want to learn. My question is.... Is your suggestion not a man for man marking?
    Where is the point of difference or advantage?
    Please advise? Also I do not know the strength of the players, so I beg forgiveness for ignorance

From Wiki:
    Zone defense refers to each player being assigned an area of the floor that he is responsible for. He is to defend the goal against anyone in his area. The players will rotate as one team depending on where the ball is. If the ball is on the left side of the court, the whole team will shift over to the left. When the ball is brought in the middle, like at the free-throw line, then the zone is broken. The key to defeating the zone is to get the ball in the middle, as someone has to guard him, which breaks the entire defensive scheme down.

Man to man is were each individual is assigned an opposing player and is to follow him around regardless of where he goes. This is generally what teams run as their defensive strategy for most of the game. Should the defense be playing poorly, a zone might be implemented.

--> Zonal marking if you play counter-attack because every one is ready in their position.
    Cat Harrison likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Leal View Post
    Thanks!

I think it's time I start teaching my scout MC's new roles. The 3W midfield will keep one of them off the pitch unless I play him out of position.
    ... Why don't you just buy another one to fill that position? I think it'd be cheaper solution

Looks like he has removed the AMC and replaced him with a MC

How does 4-3N-2W-1 sound against that? Or stick with your recommended formation?

Apprentice
    Play 4 back still but you wont need the dmc. I will go with 442 or like yours 43n 2w 1. If you play that, make sure your highest def rating mc goes in the middle and your attacking mcs go on the sides.

Also, dont play attacking mentality with counter attacK. counterattack is where you give the ball to the opposition, then when you win the ball back hit them on the break when their players are outta position. The key is winning the ball back after you give them the ball so usually defensive counter attack or normal but not attack. I have scored 8-0, 9-0 playing defensive counter attack. There is no need to go attacking mentality to break through their non existent defence if you cant win the ball back.

Apprentice
    If you go with 442 do whole pitch pressing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast