Hi guys,

I have a match for the cup with an opponent using this tactic:

-----ST-----ST-------
    --------AC------------
    ---MC--MC--MC-------
    -----------------------
    --DL---DC---DC--DR---
    ----------GK----------

I am currently playing 4-4-2 classic. But I will definetely change my formation for this game. I've seen him beat 4-4-2 5-0 and 6-1 although the opponent was weaker than me.
    As I am not a great tactician in this game. I've come up with this formation:

-----ST-----ST-------
    ----------------------
    ---ML--MC--MC--MR--- (could be AML and AMR)
    --------DM------------
    -----DC--DC--DC---
    ---------GK-----------

Tactics:
    Mentality: Normal
    Passes: Flanks or mixed
    Closing down: Own half
    Passing style: Mixed
    tackling: Normal
    Defense: Zonal
    Counter attacks: Maybe yes as I don't see the point of not having them
    Offside trap: No , as I don't trust in it or maybe my defenders

I believe that with his formation he is going through the middle, his only chances for attacking through the flanks are the defenders.
    In the counter formation threads I've seen this as counters 4-3N-2(AML/AMR)-1, 4-5-1 V-Style, 3N-5-2 flat. My basic concern is how many players he have in the center. It is a cup match so we will be playing 2 games I am using a defensive formation because the first game is on his terrain.
    My team is versatile so I can practically use any formation with maybe 1 player out of his position. Also my team is better than his.
    So please tell me what do you think about this tactic or propose one of your own.
    Thanks

Rookie
    2 days ago I had such game and I've played 4-1-2N-1-2 middle atack (other setiings normal) and won 4-0.

paly with 4-5-1V attacking through both flanks .. red arrows on AML-AMR and blue arrow on DMC ..

his formation is attacking form middle ..

for your formation make your MR> AMR - ML > AML .. you dmc with blue arrow will block his AMC .. but i don't advice to play 3N DC !!
    Last edited by Ṃř Sǚffệŕḝṝ; 10-02-2013 at 08:21 AM.
    ٩(●̮̃•)۶

Thank you both,

I might start with 4-5-1V and move to narrow diamond if things didn't work.
    What do you mean that its not a good idea to play with 3 DC's as his attacks are through the middle placind DL/DR seems like a waste to tome, this way I can play a 3-5-2 using 3DC's - 1DM- 2MC- AML and AMR - 2 ST's

Rookie
    Imho 3cd is also not enough. If he will put red arrow on AMC than there will be 3 on 3 on your defense and with zonal marking as far as i know you have to have more players than he has. Of course if ou put blue arrow on DMC it might help but still I'm not sure about it.
    But that's what I think (or read) and I'm new here as well...

play 3n DC i tested it , his ST was not effective in the match just put blue arrow on DMC , red on AML-AMR
    ٩(●̮̃•)۶

Quote Originally Posted by Ṃř Sǚffệŕḝṝ View Post
    play 3n DC i tested it , his ST was not effective in the match just put blue arrow on DMC , red on AML-AMR
    Thanks, I'll use the tactic you recomended. The match is in the evening tomorrow, I'll post the result

I was wondering what is the diference beween AML/R and ML/R with arrows up. As my players best positions are ML/MR while only one of them have AMx. Do you think its better to use them as ML/R or AMR/L even if it not their perfect position.

-----ST-----ST-------
    ----------------------
    ---ML--MC--MC--MR--- (both ML/MR UP arrows)
    --------DM------------
    -----DC--DC--DC---
    ---------GK-----------

Quote Originally Posted by pdosev View Post
    I was wondering what is the diference beween AML/R and ML/R with arrows up. As my players best positions are ML/MR while only one of them have AMx. Do you think its better to use them as ML/R or AMR/L even if it not their perfect position.

-----ST-----ST-------
    ----------------------
    ---ML--MC--MC--MR--- (both ML/MR UP arrows)
    --------DM------------
    -----DC--DC--DC---
    ---------GK-----------
    It's quite OK not to use symmetric formation. Put AMx on his AMx position, and other wing stays in middle line. Red arrows on both. I had problems with 3DCs and DMC, middle DC stays stuck in his position and played awful. Maybe It's about arrows (both blue) ...

GL

Quote Originally Posted by B F C View Post
    It's quite OK not to use symmetric formation. Put AMx on his AMx position, and other wing stays in middle line. Red arrows on both. I had problems with 3DCs and DMC, middle DC stays stuck in his position and played awful. Maybe It's about arrows (both blue) ...

GL
    Thanks, so 4-5-1V read arrows on RB/LB and AML/AMR.

What do you think about this formation. I think it might work very good against him, it will be a battle in the midfield but, i might do

---------ST------------
    ------- AM-----------
    -----MC-MC--MC-----
    --------DM(Down)------------
    --DL---DC--DC--DR---
    ---------GK-----------

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast